News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BACK TO WORK ON MY HEMI DAYTONA CLONE 9/25-06

Started by daytonalo, September 23, 2006, 11:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

What did Ted charge you , and how long ago was it ? How long did he make you wait ? One more thing , I missed your first name
                                                                              Larry

BigBlockSam

QuoteOnly wing car guys know whats involved, everyone else is like ... .. .. . .whats taking so long

:iagree: :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona R/T SE

The entire kit was $6500 plus shipping, I got my parts in Feburary of 2005 (SHIT! HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG? ) It took almost exactly Seven months from the first phone call I made to Ted to the time Fed-Ex dropped the parts off at my door...I'm very pleased with the quality of most of the parts...The wing is especially nice, the nose cone is very straight and fits my fenders well...the front valance, headlight doors, front spoiler, fender scoops,etc. are all fine. Some of the parts, however such as the fiberglass rear window plug -just ain't gonna get it on this car...it did make an excellent pattern for making my steel rear window plug, though. ;D I'll also be making my own steel headlight pivot mechanism, latch tray and a few other things, useing Ted's parts as a pattern.

Chris...

hotrod98

What have you decided about the z-braces? Are you going to stay with the fiberglass pieces? That Superbird clone that I looked at last week had the Janek f/g z-braces and it shook badly at idle. I would hate to see what happens out on some of these rough roads. I know we got into a heated discussion last year regarding steel vs f/g and as time goes on I see the necessity in a few areas. Actually, I think the only real weak link as far as steel vs f/g is those z-braces. I have Howie's nose mocked up with the f/g z-braces for now but we already have a set of generic steel z-braces that we plan to copy and build. I don't expect them to be very expensive. They're not that complicated. With your expertise in steel fab, you could copy those z-braces that you have in just a few hours.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 24, 2006, 09:41:09 PM
What have you decided about the z-braces? Are you going to stay with the fiberglass pieces? With your expertise in steel fab, you could copy those z-braces that you have in just a few hours.

Exactly what I was thinking, Larry.  I tend to over-build things, make them stronger than what they need to be - any of Ted's parts that are deemed by me to be too weak to stand up to my punishment will be used as a pattern and fabricated by me in steel...

Chris...

daytonalo

Larry , if you are talking to me , look at the pics , they are steel

hotrod98

Sorry Larry, I was asking Chris about his parts since he was showing a pic of the Janek f/g z-braces. I knew that yours were steel. I won't use the f/g z-braces under any circumstance. I think that anyone with a little fab knowledge could build their own from sheet metal using the f/g versions as a template. Have you thought anymore about building the nose assemblies and selling them?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Haven't given any thought , as far as the stinger nose , it takes way to long to make it work , because it fits like shit out of the box !

PocketThunder

Quote from: daytonalo on September 24, 2006, 05:23:16 PM
Only wing car guys know whats involved, everyone else is like ... .. .. . .whats taking so long

:o  Holy Crap you guys put a lot of work into your wing cars..  and i thought it took me forever just to replace the trunk and hang 2 quarters on my 68.

Keep up the good work  :thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."