News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger spindles fit 68charger?

Started by javakmcharger68, August 24, 2005, 07:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javakmcharger68

Told at one point that because of the front end changes of that year(73), the front disc spindles will not work on my 68 charger? Any thurth to this, or not?  Thanks

RD

i heard of people doing the swap, but it puts your caliper in the opposite position, thus your brake lines are in a position that they could be pinched or cut.  I heard this was the problem, but I have not personally seen it done.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

71charger_fan

The 73-up spindles can be mounted on either side so the caliper can be carried to the front or rear. 73 Charger spindles are the same as the 77 Volare spindles in my Charger. They work fine and are a low cost way to upgrade to disk brakes.

RD

Quote from: 71charger_fan on October 09, 2005, 08:12:13 PM
The 73-up spindles can be mounted on either side so the caliper can be carried to the front or rear. 73 Charger spindles are the same as the 77 Volare spindles in my Charger. They work fine and are a low cost way to upgrade to disk brakes.

73 will work on 71's, but the 2nd gens are different.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

71charger_fan

The Dulcich article on which I based my swap said all 66-72 B-bodies. It may have said 64-72 but I don't remember for sure and I don't feel like digging in the closet for it at the moment. I've known of plenty of people that have swapped in the late knuckles into 2nd gens with no problem. I believe the front suspensions were the same.

RD

oh, they will work, i am just saying that the brake line, due to the caliper placement, has a chance at getting pinched when turning left or right.  and we all know that pinching your brake line is not good.