News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

does anybody have a picture of..............

Started by BigBlockSam, September 27, 2006, 10:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hi guys
  I'm looking for a pic of a white daytona charger with a red wing. I'm trying to figure out a new color for my daytona. after painting my r/t black, i don't want a black daytona.  my black charger is impossible to keep clean. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Rene, What about white with a black wing. I like it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

thanks guys
  yea the white with the black tail looks good. it's definitely growing on me and it will match the black interior . the red wing looked better in my head than on paper. I'm trying to stay away from metallic colors. i also like yellow but the white and black is definitely growing on me. any other ideas would be appreciated. thanks Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

Charles Addams

R/TMan

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 28, 2006, 07:42:01 AM
Rene, What about white with a black wing. I like it.

Rene, is that your white daytona?  Those magnums and tires are a perfect fit.  What are the tire and wheel sizes?

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene, is that your white daytona?  Those magnums and tires are a perfect fit.  What are the tire and wheel sizes? 

no bro . thats the color i'm thinking of painting my daytona replica. Rene

hotrod98

Re: wheel and tire sizes...

Generally, I like to use the following size wheels and tires for most of my Mopars: 7x15 front with P235/60R15's and 8x15 rear with P255/60R15's. Then again, every one has a different opinion. I just find that these sizes are small enough to clear but large enough to fill up the wheel opening.  This is what these sizes look like on my runner.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

hey man show me your bee. i want to see your stinking Bee

hotrod98

Here it is.
Looks a lot like my 69 runner. Both are 383 automatics, both are B5 blue with blue interior, but the runner has buckets and floor shift and the bee has bench with column shift. The runner has a/c and power steering and the bee is non a/c, manual steering. I haven't been driving the bee since the left rear brake locks up. Need to find time to fix it. Both cars run great. The runner just turned 40,000 miles and the bee has 68,000 miles. I think my 69 charger has 80,000 miles.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  :drool5: my fav color bee. OK kiddies it's story time. it's a story about a big hearted , good kid. 14 yrs old and maybe misguided. yes misguided.
  who's next door neighbor had a blue superbee, just a driver. i  would help, no i mean, this kid would help him fix it  and clean it . he even would drive it every ounce and a while. things where good. till this naughty kid figured out how to hot wire it.  :spank: bad kid .  he use to take it to his school 10 blocks away and drive some girls home.  :blush2:
bad, horney kid .  might have done a burn out or two, maybe.  :drive:
his older friend worked in the city and didn't get home till after 5.
one bad day his friend got fired.  so when i pulled up to his house with his bee. the older friend beat the living crap out of me, i mean him . it was worth it. it took a couple of weeks till they where friends again. he got a new job and went back to work but i could never hot wire that bee again. i think he would take the rotor out when he wasn't useing it. the end

thats why i've always wanted a blue bee with the white stripe on the back. I'm talking to a guy in Virgina with a coronet, to make a clone but I'd match rather buy your bee and fix the brakes.   :cheers:

daytonalo

r/t man , your in luck , I e-mailed the owner of that white daytona a while back , and he told me they were 15x7 , 275-60-15 . Like you said they look awesome , I love the steamroller look

daytonalo

hotrod98

Rene, Must have been a wild childhood there. Very funny story.
I traded for a perfect 69 coronet twin scoop hood this summer. I may have found a guy that will trade a coronet air grabber setup for my runner air grabber setup. Still thinking about using my six pack motor for the bee. So many projects, so little time. At least they're starting on my new shop next week. I'm going to enjoy that extra 3200 sq feet. That will give me 6000 sq feet altogether. I can bring some of my cars home now.
Still haven't found a shop with a cnc tubing bender to bend up the daytona trunk hinges. I want them to be perfect. I have a few leads, just need to check them out. I'm also trying to find someone to punch the wing washers. Damn it takes a lot of parts to build a daytona.

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

The one white 69 daytona with red tail is this car.I furnished this document to him.And it cleared up alot he didnt know about his cars earlier life accounts

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

here's my runner. 69 runner cl. date coded 69 440 motor and 4 speed manual. all freshly rebuilt . i moulded the scoop in since these pictures. Rene

hotrod98

Rene, Looks like a nice project. Do you get to drive it very often? I don't drive my mopars very much since I'm always worried that someone will run into the back of them. If people don't see the high mounted taillamps, they tend to just drive right through the guy in front of them.  A friend of mine lost his very nice 74 cuda a couple of years ago when someone destroyed it at a stop light. The guy wanted my buddy ticketed for not having a brake lamp in the back window and wanted him to pay for the damages to his car. That's why I keep the Trans Ams around. Lots of parts for them out there. Last week I bought a 78 Trans Am Gold Edition SE to restore. Still has the gold t-tops and an extra set inside the car. Still has the original driveline and is rust free. Picked it up for $1600. It runs and drives. Needs a left fender and a lower quarter patch panel due to a small accident. Other than that, it's in pretty good shape. Also had a guy give me a rust free 78 Formula a few weeks ago. Since I can't find any mopars to buy, I'll just keep buying up these Trans Ams for investments.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

hey
i drive my mopars every week during the good months. i try to drive them all at least ounce a month and a good drive, highway an a couple of hours. that keeps them in good shape. all my cars run great no matter how they look. the runner has a 8 track, very 70's. i picked up 50 8 tracks off of ebay for $15 . no we're rock-in .  :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Rene,
The Cudas are driven pretty regularly, usually to car shows and cruise nights. The runner started leaking tranny fluid a few months ago and it's been on the lift ever since. Here lately, I've been putting some miles on my trans am. I finally got my snowflakes painted and polished and installed them. Now the car looks correct. This car has a built 400 with a race prepped turbo tranny, hotchkis suspension, AGR steering and all poly-graphite suspension. I plan to re-install the original 403 and tranny and use this 400 setup in my 78 formula.
I put the bee and the charger in storage about a year ago, but I plan to bring them home once the new building is complete. Maybe I'll get to drive them a little more then. They're stored at a friend of mine's 5000 sq ft storage building and we used to go get them and drive them almost every month, but he has a bunch of stuff stored behind them and now all that we can do is start them. The building is only a couple of blocks from here up in the woods.
Here's a pic of the Trans Am that I took this morning. This view is near my home and it overlooks the town of Greenwood, AR.
Hotrod98

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Rene, Back to the original subject...
I never thought that I would like green cars, especially green daytonas, but they have been growing on me lately. Add to that the fact that this car is an SE. I just might paint my SE car green when it's finished. As I've said many times, I don't want to leave it black. Too hot around here for that and you're right...they're difficult to keep clean. I'm definitely going to leave the SE trim intact and use the SE emblems on the sail panel. I think my original SE emblems are in pretty good shape. It's been a couple of years since we removed them, so I can't remember. Repros are available as well. Need to decide whether to re-install the rocker moldings. I thought seriously about buying BK's green car but I really needed this new building and I couldn't afford both. Any more thought on color choice?

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Joe Muran from NE had a similar green daytona as pictured above

hotrod98

The first time I saw a Daytona with the SE emblems, I would have sworn that it was a clone. Later, I found out that there really were a few SE Daytonas built (seven I think). My plans for my Daytona clone changed immediately. I wonder what colors the original SE's were. I've seen a couple, but other than the green one, I don't remember what other colors I may have seen.

Charles Addams

THE CHARGER PUNK

since sumhow i have 1000 posts  now ,guess i had a bit 2 much fun last night and posted somthing, so i can post now, but i have pics of a mod top daytona f8 green se that need 2 be developed, will get em as quick as i can-MATT

hemigeno

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on October 03, 2006, 03:35:50 PM
i have pics of a mod top daytona f8 green se

::)

No such thing, except for a custom job.  This is not the first time that you've mentioned this car either...

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on March 09, 2006, 05:32:01 PM
film is still in camera and will get developed very soon, mod top is gone but traces of it are still there and parts of the rare vinyl top xx29 trim is still and yes it is an se as there was the big SE decal on the roof and i looked at the dash to see the infamous xx29-MATT p.s. gimme a week tops and the pic of that car will be here.

hotrod98

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on October 03, 2006, 03:35:50 PM
since sumhow i have 1000 posts now ,guess i had a bit 2 much fun last night and posted somthing, so i can post now, but i have pics of a mod top daytona f8 green se that need 2 be developed, will get em as quick as i can-MATT

Matt, I guess we're going to have to get a cattle prod. Get over there and get those pics developed. ;D
I hate to say it, but I remember seeing a mod top daytona in a magazine once upon a time and it seems like it was green. I didn't know if it was factory or if it was something someone added. It was in a magazine back in the 80's, I think.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i like the colors yellow ,white tail, or white with a black tail. anybody got a some pics of yellow daytonas. thanks Rene

69_500

You still bringing up the Mod top Daytona?

White Daytona's too, man you have have a thing for white cars don't ya. Alpine White Superbirds are your favorite as I recall too.

BigBlockSam

69_500

I'm gone for a week and I see that some things will never change huh.

BigBlockSam

maybe i should just go back to basics with the color. i'm thinking 1970 vitiman c orange. kinda like this but a sharper orange

daytonalo

Rene, my car will be ready for paint this winter , and I still haven't decided on a color . What is a brighter red r-4 or 1970 red ?

THE CHARGER PUNK

i just dont have money 2 get those pics developed,and my dad dont wann spend cash to get em developed either, but when i do get em done im gonan scan and get um up here for the whole charger world 2 see that the punk without a charger was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:-MATT

hemigeno

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on October 12, 2006, 07:48:45 PM
i just dont have money 2 get those pics developed,and my dad dont wann spend cash to get em developed either, but when i do get em done im gonan scan and get um up here for the whole charger world 2 see that the punk without a charger was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:-MATT

OK.  Until then, I guess we'll have to take your word for it.  And your word flies in the face of all the facts, such as:

1.  There is no credible evidence that any fasttop Charger (meaning either Charger 500 or Daytona) shipped from Creative Industries with a factory-sanctioned vinyl top.  Worse still,

2.  There were not any (factory) Mod-top Chargers ever built, much less Mod-Top Daytonas.

Lemme guess - there's no documentation to go with your archived, still-in-the-camera Mod-Top pictures either, is there?  Something like the selling Dealer's Order Sheet?  Monroney Label (window sticker) showing what was factory and what items were Dealer-added?  Day 1 photos?

Anything could be custom-built after it left the factory.  That has been my point all along - even if it does have the remnants of a flowered (Mod-Style) vinyl top, it is nothing but a customized Daytona with an after-market vinyl top.  There were lots of customized cars back then, and there's nothing historically significant about them.

I have never seen the car, so I don't know what it looks like, but there is zero chance of that top being a factory-applied piece. 

:cheers:

I also find it difficult to believe that $7 to develop a roll of film can't be found from somewhere, especially when you feel like the roll contains such an important picture.  :eyes:

hotrod98

Rene,
You've moved a long way from black my friend. You're getting awfully close to my red/white plans for my daytona clone.
After considering yellow and limelight, I'm starting to lean towards some type of orange on my bird clone. Possibly something like the color in this pic. I really did like the hugger orange that I sprayed on that 69 copo car a few years ago. I shot it in single stage PPG Concept and buffed it to a mirror finish. On my bird I would go with PPG DBC base and PPG DCC 2021 clear. I probably won't be shooting any color until spring so I have a few months to think about it. I'll spend my spare time getting the body panels perfect this winter. Don Currie is supposed to be sending my fender scoops soon. I still have to alter the bottoms of the fenders for the valance extensions and I'll have to alter the front peak as well to match the nose. I'll wait until I've got the nose in place before I do that though. I hope to be finishing your trunk lid as soon as Howie and I get this hinge thing whooped. We may have found a company in Tulsa to bend them for us. The rest is a piece of cake.
hotrod98

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI hope to be finishing your trunk lid as soon as Howie and I get this hinge thing whooped. We may have found a company in Tulsa to bend them for us. The rest is a piece of cake.
hotrod98   

very cool Larry, my friend's shop is pretty slow rite now. he said my car is next on the list . with the trunk and hinges we could kick ass on the rear of the car.

Thats the color . on that bird. i like it. i've lost my mind over what color to paint my daytona . i want to stay away from black and metallic colors . i went through the same color choices as you Larry white, yellow and at one point it was gonna be sassy grass green with black inserts on the hood and a black tail  :image_294343:
yea it's been a long strange road with this car and i've only begun the trip but thats the cool thing about bringing a car to life. Rene

Howie

If it was sassy grass there wouldn`t be another like it :cheers:

hotrod98

Sassy grass green might not look too bad.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i'm afraid that after a couple of years i'll get tired of  the neon green color

hotrod98

Getting tired of looking at my car is my biggest fear when choosing colors. I've noticed that there are cars painted certain colors that people don't seem to get tired of seeing. Red seems to be at the top of the list. Most of my pickups, racecars, racecar trailers and the musclecars that I have painted for myself have been red.   I don't care for the red superbirds that I've seen though and won't paint my bird clone red. Orange, maybe, red, not.

Charles Addams

Charger_Fan

Geno, you sir, have a lot of patience & must be commended. :cheers:
I'm afraid I would have had to lay down the spank about ohhh...1,052 posts ago & continue with every 3rd post from then on. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

daytonalo

Larry , what color is that s-bird , you posted

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on October 14, 2006, 12:06:31 AM
Larry , what color is that s-bird , you posted

Larry,
It looks like true hemi orange. Paint code EV2. Since it's a plymouth, it's actually referred to as tor red.
I had a friend that was painting his general lee earlier this year and he wanted me to mix him up a gallon of hemi orange. I warned him that very few gl's were ever really painted true hemi orange. Hemi orange has metallic in it and has a slight milky look. After he painted his car, he was a little disappointed that it didn't look like most of the gl's that he had seen before. I've seen gl's painted every shade of orange from hugger orange to vitamin c orange.
I would like to have seen this superbird in person. I must have found the pic somewhere on the net.
Larry

Charles Addams

sjmarsing

In my opinion this one:

looks better than this one:

I don't know if the lighting is different or if its actually a different color but if you look at them side by side the top one appears to be a lighter shade and shinier

I saw your other post about the daytona on ebay.  If it were mine I'd go with red/white over red/black but you can't go wrong either way  :icon_smile_cool:

sjmarsing

actually I would go with the black wing.  After looking at that one on ebay I have to say the back of that thing looks mean in black!!

hotrod98

I see you're just as sure as I am about which combo is better. ???

Charles Addams

dads_69

Anyone have more info. about Jim Gehrke and his daytona? It's listed on 440magnum web site. There are only three photos of it online there. Looks like a R6 car w/a black int. and tail. Mine will be R6 black int. As far as tail color goes, I'm at a loss as well.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

nascarxx29

Found the pictures you mentioned of the Gehrke 1 owner 69 daytona.Never heard anything more on this car then when you last posted  :shruggy: Its outhere somewere
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona By Jim Gehrke.Car was looked up in in old 70s club records Bright red
379738   330   ca      ABC Automotive San Francisco, Ca   8/29/1969

http://www.440magnum.com/mopars/2004/april/1969chargerdaytona.shtml

FJ5WING

I dont think you will be disappointed with a Black / White scheme in either combination! I know you mentioned you dislike the Black upkeep but really what more than a duster and detail spray do you need? I keep my pops Monte Carlo SS clean for him and thats about it for me.
wingless now, but still around.