News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

does anybody have a picture of..............

Started by BigBlockSam, September 27, 2006, 10:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on October 03, 2006, 03:35:50 PM
since sumhow i have 1000 posts now ,guess i had a bit 2 much fun last night and posted somthing, so i can post now, but i have pics of a mod top daytona f8 green se that need 2 be developed, will get em as quick as i can-MATT

Matt, I guess we're going to have to get a cattle prod. Get over there and get those pics developed. ;D
I hate to say it, but I remember seeing a mod top daytona in a magazine once upon a time and it seems like it was green. I didn't know if it was factory or if it was something someone added. It was in a magazine back in the 80's, I think.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i like the colors yellow ,white tail, or white with a black tail. anybody got a some pics of yellow daytonas. thanks Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

You still bringing up the Mod top Daytona?

White Daytona's too, man you have have a thing for white cars don't ya. Alpine White Superbirds are your favorite as I recall too.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

I'm gone for a week and I see that some things will never change huh.

BigBlockSam

maybe i should just go back to basics with the color. i'm thinking 1970 vitiman c orange. kinda like this but a sharper orange

daytonalo

Rene, my car will be ready for paint this winter , and I still haven't decided on a color . What is a brighter red r-4 or 1970 red ?

THE CHARGER PUNK

i just dont have money 2 get those pics developed,and my dad dont wann spend cash to get em developed either, but when i do get em done im gonan scan and get um up here for the whole charger world 2 see that the punk without a charger was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:-MATT

hemigeno

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on October 12, 2006, 07:48:45 PM
i just dont have money 2 get those pics developed,and my dad dont wann spend cash to get em developed either, but when i do get em done im gonan scan and get um up here for the whole charger world 2 see that the punk without a charger was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:-MATT

OK.  Until then, I guess we'll have to take your word for it.  And your word flies in the face of all the facts, such as:

1.  There is no credible evidence that any fasttop Charger (meaning either Charger 500 or Daytona) shipped from Creative Industries with a factory-sanctioned vinyl top.  Worse still,

2.  There were not any (factory) Mod-top Chargers ever built, much less Mod-Top Daytonas.

Lemme guess - there's no documentation to go with your archived, still-in-the-camera Mod-Top pictures either, is there?  Something like the selling Dealer's Order Sheet?  Monroney Label (window sticker) showing what was factory and what items were Dealer-added?  Day 1 photos?

Anything could be custom-built after it left the factory.  That has been my point all along - even if it does have the remnants of a flowered (Mod-Style) vinyl top, it is nothing but a customized Daytona with an after-market vinyl top.  There were lots of customized cars back then, and there's nothing historically significant about them.

I have never seen the car, so I don't know what it looks like, but there is zero chance of that top being a factory-applied piece. 

:cheers:

I also find it difficult to believe that $7 to develop a roll of film can't be found from somewhere, especially when you feel like the roll contains such an important picture.  :eyes:

hotrod98

Rene,
You've moved a long way from black my friend. You're getting awfully close to my red/white plans for my daytona clone.
After considering yellow and limelight, I'm starting to lean towards some type of orange on my bird clone. Possibly something like the color in this pic. I really did like the hugger orange that I sprayed on that 69 copo car a few years ago. I shot it in single stage PPG Concept and buffed it to a mirror finish. On my bird I would go with PPG DBC base and PPG DCC 2021 clear. I probably won't be shooting any color until spring so I have a few months to think about it. I'll spend my spare time getting the body panels perfect this winter. Don Currie is supposed to be sending my fender scoops soon. I still have to alter the bottoms of the fenders for the valance extensions and I'll have to alter the front peak as well to match the nose. I'll wait until I've got the nose in place before I do that though. I hope to be finishing your trunk lid as soon as Howie and I get this hinge thing whooped. We may have found a company in Tulsa to bend them for us. The rest is a piece of cake.
hotrod98

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI hope to be finishing your trunk lid as soon as Howie and I get this hinge thing whooped. We may have found a company in Tulsa to bend them for us. The rest is a piece of cake.
hotrod98   

very cool Larry, my friend's shop is pretty slow rite now. he said my car is next on the list . with the trunk and hinges we could kick ass on the rear of the car.

Thats the color . on that bird. i like it. i've lost my mind over what color to paint my daytona . i want to stay away from black and metallic colors . i went through the same color choices as you Larry white, yellow and at one point it was gonna be sassy grass green with black inserts on the hood and a black tail  :image_294343:
yea it's been a long strange road with this car and i've only begun the trip but thats the cool thing about bringing a car to life. Rene

Howie

If it was sassy grass there wouldn`t be another like it :cheers:

hotrod98

Sassy grass green might not look too bad.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i'm afraid that after a couple of years i'll get tired of  the neon green color

hotrod98

Getting tired of looking at my car is my biggest fear when choosing colors. I've noticed that there are cars painted certain colors that people don't seem to get tired of seeing. Red seems to be at the top of the list. Most of my pickups, racecars, racecar trailers and the musclecars that I have painted for myself have been red.   I don't care for the red superbirds that I've seen though and won't paint my bird clone red. Orange, maybe, red, not.

Charles Addams

Charger_Fan

Geno, you sir, have a lot of patience & must be commended. :cheers:
I'm afraid I would have had to lay down the spank about ohhh...1,052 posts ago & continue with every 3rd post from then on. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

daytonalo

Larry , what color is that s-bird , you posted

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on October 14, 2006, 12:06:31 AM
Larry , what color is that s-bird , you posted

Larry,
It looks like true hemi orange. Paint code EV2. Since it's a plymouth, it's actually referred to as tor red.
I had a friend that was painting his general lee earlier this year and he wanted me to mix him up a gallon of hemi orange. I warned him that very few gl's were ever really painted true hemi orange. Hemi orange has metallic in it and has a slight milky look. After he painted his car, he was a little disappointed that it didn't look like most of the gl's that he had seen before. I've seen gl's painted every shade of orange from hugger orange to vitamin c orange.
I would like to have seen this superbird in person. I must have found the pic somewhere on the net.
Larry

Charles Addams

sjmarsing

In my opinion this one:

looks better than this one:

I don't know if the lighting is different or if its actually a different color but if you look at them side by side the top one appears to be a lighter shade and shinier

I saw your other post about the daytona on ebay.  If it were mine I'd go with red/white over red/black but you can't go wrong either way  :icon_smile_cool:

sjmarsing

actually I would go with the black wing.  After looking at that one on ebay I have to say the back of that thing looks mean in black!!

hotrod98

I see you're just as sure as I am about which combo is better. ???

Charles Addams

dads_69

Anyone have more info. about Jim Gehrke and his daytona? It's listed on 440magnum web site. There are only three photos of it online there. Looks like a R6 car w/a black int. and tail. Mine will be R6 black int. As far as tail color goes, I'm at a loss as well.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

nascarxx29

Found the pictures you mentioned of the Gehrke 1 owner 69 daytona.Never heard anything more on this car then when you last posted  :shruggy: Its outhere somewere
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona By Jim Gehrke.Car was looked up in in old 70s club records Bright red
379738   330   ca      ABC Automotive San Francisco, Ca   8/29/1969

http://www.440magnum.com/mopars/2004/april/1969chargerdaytona.shtml
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

FJ5WING

I dont think you will be disappointed with a Black / White scheme in either combination! I know you mentioned you dislike the Black upkeep but really what more than a duster and detail spray do you need? I keep my pops Monte Carlo SS clean for him and thats about it for me.
wingless now, but still around.