News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Short video of my Charger at the Dragstrip (June 10th 2006)

Started by Mefirst, October 08, 2006, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefirst

OK, here it comes... This video shows my first official time run at the Dragstrip... Before this run, I did the required 3 License runs to get my License.

Just so you know. My 440 engine is only running on 7 or 6 cylinders at the time, cause it got hurt in the third run... It sounded kinda like a stone crusher and the whole car was shaking. The race official guy, who waves the cars into the burn out box, kinda looked at me with an expression on his face, that was quite concerned about the sound that my 440 was making. I just gave him the thumbs up and he let me into the burn out box.. Same thing happend with the starter dude.. I did a quick prayer to Ma MOpar that please keep the engine together, so I don´t end up oiling down the track... Well the prayer worked and I beat that blue Chevelle, eventhough my reaction sucked. I didn´t know that the lights would light up as a Pro Tree, I expected a Sportsman Tree... I don´t know why the track officials change the lights from time to time. The series Real Street should be with Sportsman tree, not a Pro Tree...

The video is a little jumpy, my buddy just bought the camera so that explanes it...

Here is the video... Hope you enjoy it...

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Gimmegimmies/Movies/?action=view&current=Charger.flv

I didn´t let out any air from the rear tires, we more or less wanted to check out how the car would behave before we would start to change things on it. The car is built like a Stocker. The chassies set up workes really great, it felt rock steady from launch and al the way down the track...

/Tom

PS.. The run was 13sec flat with a hurt/half dead 440... Not bad.... :icon_smile_big:

sjmarsing

Mefirst

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 08, 2006, 05:28:14 PM
nice run, is it Sure Grip?

Looking at the video & seeing both tires spin...... I'd say so  :scratchchin:

Nice run :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mefirst

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 08, 2006, 05:35:00 PM
Nice run :cheers:

-Thanks Chris!!!

Only thing that sucks, is that I was only able to do 4 runs with it... But both of us will do a come back for season 2007.. Sadly it will be on the "Street", cause the local politicians finally managed to close down our only existing local track...

/Tom

Brock Samson

Now all ya' need is a.....    :icon_smile_wink:
Does that thing have a.....    ???

Sweet Tom and Sox and Martin....   

;D

Chris G.

firefighter3931

Good video Tom....the car launches real nice, straight as an arrow !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mefirst

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 09, 2006, 11:12:48 AM
Good video Tom....the car launches real nice, straight as an arrow ! :icon_smile_big:

Ron

I bet another Six-Pack of beer that you got nervous when you saw how hard and nicely my Charger launches in the video, even with the half dead 440... and it will only get more "Hardcore" for season 2007 :drive:

... but don´t worry Ron, the guys here in the forum will :pity: you when we start to compare time slips, once you get your ride ready for some serious abuse at the track and I get my ride back in the game and find a track to drive on....

:cheers: Buddy

/Tom

Hemidog

That is one badass charger! not bad for "en svenske"  ;D

Mefirst

Quote from: Hemidog on October 09, 2006, 12:07:37 PM
That is one badass charger! not bad for "en svenske" ;D

Im actually a Finn :brickwall: living among the Swedish tribe of people :smilielol:

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mefirst on October 09, 2006, 12:00:52 PM
Good video Tom....the car launches real nice, straight as an arrow ! :icon_smile_big:

Ron

I bet another Six-Pack of beer that you got nervous when you saw how hard and nicely my Charger launches in the video, even with the half dead 440... and it will only get more "Hardcore" for season 2007 :drive:

... but don´t worry Ron, the guys here in the forum will :pity: you when we start to compare time slips, once you get your ride ready for some serious abuse at the track and I get my ride back in the game and find a track to drive on....

/Tom

C'mon Tom....you knew that your car wasn't gonna cut it against mine so you purposely grenaded the 440 and stepped up to a race hemi  :nana: :lol:

Just Razzin ya buddy  ;D Read the post on the new motor....all i can say is awesome !  :devil: Congrats on the most excellent score !  :cheers:

You should start hunting for a DANA right now !  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mefirst

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 09, 2006, 12:10:05 PM
Quote from: Mefirst on October 09, 2006, 12:00:52 PM

Ron

/Tom

C'mon Tom....you knew that your car wasn't gonna cut it against mine so you purposely grenaded the 440 and stepped up to a race hemi  :nana: :lol:

Just Razzin ya buddy  ;D Read the post on the new motor....all i can say is awesome !  :devil: Congrats on the most excellent score !  :cheers:

You should start hunting for a DANA right now !  ;)

Ron

-Damn, I KNEW IT!!! -I got you shaking your knees now Buddy :wave: I also bet you started to :scope: into your stash of different engine builds, so you are able to compete... The Hemi should be good for some estimated +650Hp, but for the time being I´ll take my chances with the 8 3/4 rear axel, untill I grenade it.. When that happens, I´ll probably change it out for someting as unholy as a Ford 9" rear.. The Danas are kinda under the rock over here, but if I find one I´ll buy it...

/Tom