News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is there a difference between 71 and 74 charger front valances? if so what ?

Started by bugsydog, February 02, 2012, 10:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsydog

i'm wondering if there is a difference between 71 and 74 front valances? if so what is it and are they enterchangeable without any mods to the fenders? same question about the rear valance also. i have a 74 charger and have access to 71 parts and want to know if they would fit. thanks

CDN72SE

Hello Bugsy, yes there is a difference between the '71 and '74 front valences. The 71 & 72 are the same and the 73 & 74 are the same, all will fit but there are differences between the 71/72 and 73/74. Here are some pics of mine showing some differences between a 72 and 73.

72 on the left and 73 on the right. The brackets are different, the 73/74 inner brackets are shorter. I can't remember which one(s) of the brackets it is and will not reach to the mounting place.

Couple of curves are different, iI've circled the 72 valance.

and another.

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

The rears will interchange though the slots for the rear bumper brackets are different. These are from the AMD website, 71 on top and 73 on bottom.

Hope this helps. At one point I had a 74 rear valance on my 72 and a 73 valance on the front.  

BTW my car looks very similar to yours.
1972 Charger SE

bugsydog

thanks for the info and pictures, your right our cars are very similar, for some reason this site will not allow me to upload pictures or i would.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Nacho-RT74

Actually as far I can tell there is not diffs in front of the front valence, just on rear and brackets.

Does it look like an angle view stuff ?

:shruggy:

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71charger

I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

bugsydog

71Charger, i have access to front and rear valance here in nevada, are you looking for something for your 71?

71charger

Rad overflow, wheel lip trim, lock assembly to glove box, golden steering wheel...

bugsydog

71Charger, ill ask him if he has any of these parts, i cannot promise anything as i dont know.

71charger_fan

I should have a '73 front valance sitting around somewhere. If you're still looking in a couple weeks, PM me and I'll look.

Terry

71charger

Quote from: bugsydog on February 04, 2012, 11:32:02 AM
71Charger, ill ask him if he has any of these parts, i cannot promise anything as i dont know.

Much appreciated

road/track

Quote from: 71charger on February 04, 2012, 02:11:27 AM
Rad overflow, wheel lip trim, lock assembly to glove box, golden steering wheel...
I think this has been discussed before, but was there really a radiator overflow on 71 Charger?
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

71charger_fan

Mine certainly wasn't built with one. It's a January-build 383-2V SE.