News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing car collector in Ohio

Started by dads_69, October 08, 2006, 11:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Anyone know who Bob Morman is living in Ohio? I bought the Chrysler Muscle book today and in the back of it it shows him and a few of his cars, winged cars in a garage and him on the next page next to a Petty clone. I can take a photo of the book if it would help anyone also. Just wondering what all he has for mopars.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Troy

Bob Morman or Bob Malcolm? Bob Malcolm and his wife own 7 wing cars (3 Daytonas and 4 Superbirds) and a whole pile of other Mopars. I haven't heard of a Bob Morman but I'm not in tight with the wing car crowd like some of these other guys. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dads_69

I checked again, it shows his name being Bob Morman and lives in Peebles,Ohio. Info. is showed in book, therefore I am listing it as well, I shouldn't get into any trouble I am guessing for posting it moreless. Heres a photo of him and the book cover.
Mark

Troy

They spelled it wrong but he does live in Peebles. I have a bunch of pictures of the silver and red Daytona. As a matter of fact, the local Mopar club just took a tour of his garages two weeks ago.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

Yep, that's Bob Malcom - no doubt about it.  That Armadillo Daytona is awesome (got a really good look at it last year at the MonsterMopar show) and I've heard some of his other cars are even better.  Bob and his wife Sharon are super nice folks too.

Here's a link to his dealership in Peebles:  Bob Malcom Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep

Ghoste

They are nice and they are wing car owners from day one.  Never started collecting them as an investment, they did it because they liked the cars.  It's cool to see them pull into a show and each of them are bringing a car.  She knows as much about their cars as he does.

nitrometal

Quote from: dads_69 on October 08, 2006, 11:25:27 PM
Anyone know who Bob Morman is living in Ohio? I bought the Chrysler Muscle book today and in the back of it it shows him and a few of his cars, winged cars in a garage and him on the next page next to a Petty clone. I can take a photo of the book if it would help anyone also. Just wondering what all he has for mopars.
Mark

Hey Dads_69,
He's standing next to a Petty clone?
Could you post that photo please?
I've never seen this book before. Where did you get it?
Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Ghoste

It isn't yours.  It's a replica of the 72 Charger.  I bought a copy of it at Mancini Racing one time but you can get it direct from the publisher;  Krause Publications  888-457-2873 or www.krause.com
You can also get it from MotorBooks International whose site is
Motorbooks.com

hotrod98

Phil, Have you seen this one yet?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

dads_69

This is the only photo in the book of the car. Thanks for correcting the name mistake from the book. My clone being R6 w/black int. Not sure of the wing color yet. He has a Daytona in his garage in the back  in the photo, looks like he has a R6 Daytona, but it might be the lighting also it might be a R4 car afterall, hard to tell.
Mark

Ghoste

If you go to the link to his dealership, take note of the 06 Charger he has at the top of the page. lol

nitrometal

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 09, 2006, 05:43:04 PM

WOW!   Put some decals on that one & get rid of the headlight blackouts and it would be my car!!  It even looks like the vinyl top is missing.  I got some pics of my car before it received decals and had factory wheels on it and it looks a lot like this one.  Wanna see them?

Where did you find that pic Larry?

Phil

nitrometal

Thanks for posting the Petty clone pic for me Dads_69 and also the info for that book Ghoste.
I still might get it anyway just because it looks interesting.

Phil

Howie

Bring em on Phil.  I want to see the pics.

hotrod98

Quote from: nitrometal on October 11, 2006, 11:41:18 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on October 09, 2006, 05:43:04 PM

WOW! Put some decals on that one & get rid of the headlight blackouts and it would be my car!! It even looks like the vinyl top is missing. I got some pics of my car before it received decals and had factory wheels on it and it looks a lot like this one. Wanna see them?

Where did you find that pic Larry?

Phil

Phil,
Here's the link.     http://www.trpeople.com/thomaspix/page8.htm
There's a name and city for the guy that owns it. If you find the guy, try to get him to join us.
BTW, I'm starting on my bird clone very soon. I finally found a nice set of '70 coronet fenders. Hope we can eventually show the cars together. I don't get back to Texas as much as I used to, but we might go down to the Houston event if it becomes a yearly wing car gathering. I'm building this car to be very road friendly with the 5.7 hemi and 5 speed automatic along with a/c, cruise, power windows and a few other nice features. Can't wait to drive this one. In case I didn't mention it, thanks for the pics of the headlamps. Mine will be a little different, but still stationary in the grille opening.
Hotrod

Charles Addams

nitrometal

Quote from: Howie on October 11, 2006, 11:48:03 AM
Bring em on Phil.  I want to see the pics.

I'll start another thread to post those pics so I don't hijack this thread anymore.

(sorry dads_69)  :-\

nitrometal

Phil,
Here's the link.     http://www.trpeople.com/thomaspix/page8.htm
There's a name and city for the guy that owns it. If you find the guy, try to get him to join us.
BTW, I'm starting on my bird clone very soon. I finally found a nice set of '70 coronet fenders. Hope we can eventually show the cars together. I don't get back to Texas as much as I used to, but we might go down to the Houston event if it becomes a yearly wing car gathering. I'm building this car to be very road friendly with the 5.7 hemi and 5 speed automatic along with a/c, cruise, power windows and a few other nice features. Can't wait to drive this one. In case I didn't mention it, thanks for the pics of the headlamps. Mine will be a little different, but still stationary in the grille opening.
Hotrod

Thanks for the link.
I can't wait to see your project when it's done.  Do you have an ETA yet or does it depend on your work load?  It'll be a blast when you can get it to the shows.  That sounds like a sweet and very comfortable ride.   :drive:

hotrod98

Phil,
I have so many things going on at one time that I never know how long one of my projects is going to take. I'm still working on Howie's daytona clone as well. I'm hoping to have the bird finished by next summer at the latest. We'll see.
hotrod

Charles Addams