News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Fuel tank?

Started by uskatebetter, October 10, 2006, 08:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uskatebetter

I need to buy a new fuel tank for my '69 because the one it has right now has a hole in it...
and I was looking at yearone's tanks and theyre going for 200 bucks
is that the normal going rate?

resq302

try Quanta Products.  I think their web site is gastanks.com
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

c5_nc

Ebay one worked fine for me

deputycrawford

Get the new sending unit, gasket, and retaining ring while you're under there. Trust me, you don't want to have to do it twice. I also got the new "J" bolts and straps. Looks great and I will never worry about it again.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

68_R/T_Eric

Quote from: deputycrawford on October 24, 2006, 06:45:10 PM
Get the new sending unit, gasket, and retaining ring while you're under there. Trust me, you don't want to have to do it twice. I also got the new "J" bolts and straps. Looks great and I will never worry about it again.
:iagree:

Trust me as well i replaced my 68 charger tank and two months later the sending unit went out! it might cost a few more bucks but it is worth not having to tear it all apart again!

70charger_boy

yeah, spend the money on a sending unit, straps, fuel lines.  don't fall victim to the chain reaction

BlueSS454

A company called Mustangs Unlimited always has them on ebay about $50 cheaper than Year One.  Definitly get a new sending unit as well.  you can get them off ebay for a decent price or from NAPA for around $90 I think.
Tom Rightler