News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Major Mopar Scam Busted!

Started by 4402tuff4u, August 26, 2005, 05:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Did anyone here get a chance to read on page 36 the article on this guy Dennis Tuttle in the October issue of MOPAR magazine? What an SOB!! I read the article and it's enough to make you sick! I posted this in hopes that no one falls to prey to one of these parasites lurking in shadows waiting for the right opportunity to strike. Everyone should stay alert.

In a brief note, this guy Dennis began to show himself as a "restorer" and car dealer amoung the elite and collector's circle. He started scamming Mopars, I mean expensive cars like Superbirds and Hemi Cuda's away from these collectors and in some cases began selling them for parts!!! He did this by printing fake cashier checks. Several collector's in Cleveland, Ohio were a bit smarter then he was when he tried to buy 70 six barrel Cuda, a black Hemi Super Bee, 71 GTX, Boss 429 Mustang (so what! just kidding), and a Sebring race 69 Corvette (who cares! just kidding again). These collectors began to get cold feet on the deal because this guy became pisted off when they asked for cash in lieu of the cashier checks that did'nt look legit.

Anyway the long arm of the law caught this guy Dennis and is currently serving time, however the article mentions that other similar scams are currently going on. Especially on ebay. Bottom line is keep alert and be cautious when buying and selling your Mopars or any other valuable.

On a personal note, I'm surprised this guy is still alive. I know several guys that own gems of cars and if something like this would ever happen to them, they would personally go out looking for Mr. Tuttle to square off the deal.  :flame:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

I think there was a thread earlier, but I agree he should be hung up.  They are still looking for cars stole,  Telvis, you think you have problems with your restorer, Imagine going to pick your car up only to find out the body guy sold it.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

andy74

lets find him and cut his nuts off-that will cure him

bull

Makes me wonder how hlpag has survived this long.  >:(

Iceyone

Hlpag doesn't have any rare expensive cars, he just has expensive prices.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Ghoste

Hlpag's biggest theft occurs when he cashes the cheque from the buyer.  No one's claimed yet that he stole any of the cars first.

6pkrunner

It's funny but Tuttle had a bad rap for many many years. I'm amazed that he was free and continued to operate for so long. Guess arrogance and greed gets in the way of common sense.

KMPX2

I gat scam emailed to me almost every day

Charged

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 27, 2005, 04:40:13 AM
It's funny but Tuttle had a bad rap for many many years. I'm amazed that he was free and continued to operate for so long. Guess arrogance and greed gets in the way of common sense.

The same can be said about Osama Bin Laden. Im not an expert on it or anything, but I seem to think that ignorance and confusion of the system gets in the way.

Charged

BigBadCharger

How's your wife and my kids?

taxspeaker

67Charger440

I don't speak legal-ese.  What did that mean?  Dismissed, over, guilty and owes, help the uneducated!

Drache

Quote from: 67Charger440 on September 02, 2016, 10:02:01 PM
I don't speak legal-ese.  What did that mean?  Dismissed, over, guilty and owes, help the uneducated!

Dismissed - Thrown out by the judge. Generally due to lack of any physical evidence.
Stipulation of dismissal - They came to an agreement outside of court and the complaintant wants to drop the case
Guilty and Owes - Found guilty and owes a debt to the complaintant
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

cbrestorations

ive had someone give me a cashiers check once, i wouldnt release the car till it cleared and he was getting pissed off, made me even more suspicious. long story short the check bounced and i told him to f*** off

Birdflu

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Birdflu on January 16, 2020, 09:36:03 PM
Wonder if this one 'stuck'? Hearing was about a month ago...

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/387390/arrest-made-ford-gt-scam

I would have never thought that a replica GT40 would be worth a quarter million?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 17, 2020, 04:33:24 AM
Quote from: Birdflu on January 16, 2020, 09:36:03 PM
Wonder if this one 'stuck'? Hearing was about a month ago...

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/387390/arrest-made-ford-gt-scam

I would have never thought that a replica GT40 would be worth a quarter million?

Depending on how well built/detailed and replicated the vehicle is, quality built GT40 replicas fetch from $125K to $200K on avg, I've seen a handful of exceptional replicas run upwards of $400K over the years trading hands

VegasCharger

Even if I were a billionaire I would never buy or drive a $400k car.

Mike DC

That guy should have stuck to ripping off people with mass-produced blue-collar muscle cars like ours.  

The GT40 world is full of very wealthy mofos.  The law actually cares when you rip off people like that.  

Ghoste