News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am Disappointed!

Started by 69RTSE, July 22, 2005, 12:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 23, 2005, 01:09:14 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 23, 2005, 12:07:52 AM
It seems a little like we're all searching for an instant duplication of the old site but to tell the truth, I like this one better.  Just enough of the old to be familiar and yet it's still fresh.
:iagree: And the main thing I might add would be for members to have patience! A person can't wave a wand & have things just like before, yet better...just maintain some personal restraint & watch...this new site/home will be D-C.com, but much better! :thumbs:

Like I said in some other thread, Rome was not built in a day...good things take time..let's be patient, folks.

:iagree: :iagree:

I guess all of us will agree that Troy did great job so far, in a short period.  :2thumbs:
No doubt we will have great site again!
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Nacho-RT74

BYTW Troy... is there some posibility about I get my PMs inbox ?... I HAVE to get "Charged" phone number from there :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69charger2002

i think this site is great. and for the amount of time it's been up(6 days or whatever), i think you have done a HELL of a job. thanks for emailing me the info on the site by the way.. i can't believe you let me go 5 days without it. if you need anything(including that 68 charger, let me know)
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Fartgirl

There are worse tragidies in life, relax. :icon_smile_kisses:

Lowprofile

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 22, 2005, 05:31:53 PM
I don't know about you guys, but if I had a few in me, I would throw a bang into the chubby asian broad.   I would teach her the real meaning of that sign she's holding.......

Hey Round Eye, me Love you Long Time!  lol lol :icon_smile_shock: :D :hah: :hah: :lol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

73 Charger 440

Wow... I woke up this morning to find a email from Troy... Its really sad.  :( I had tried to visit the site a few days ago with no luck, thought maybe it was just down for the moment.

I hadnt visited the site since I informed you guys I was leaving, which I still am... But D-C was a very big community, in my opinion better than any other. And this place will be too.

Troy will make this place a new home, a even better home, for the most of you. I just wanted to comment this, and you guys know where to reach me incase you need me.

Thanks Troy.

bull

I too was disappointed that the d-c.com site went down, but not surprised.  :rotz:

However, the disappointment has evaporated since the creation of this site. I think it will be 110% better than what we had before and I don't think we will have to worry that it will all disappear one day without notice.  :yesnod: We have all learned from the mistakes, neglect and oversight of the past and can now install safegaurds so that it won't happen again. I am more than willing to wait for the site to be done right than have a site that's been "hlpagged" together by some joker who has no idea what he is doing. I don't think we could ask for someone who's any more adept at computers than Troy.

At least that's what he's led me to believe.  :icon_smile_big:

Gary42

Just food for thought:
As each one of us know, and hopefully most of us do, it is goes without saying that all good things come to an end eventually. I truly believe that by bashing Jess and complaining about all that we may or may not have lost on the old site, is not going to change things for the better. It is amazes me that Troy has taken his time, money, and his dedication to ensuring that "We all" do not go without, while taking all the heat for what the old site may or may not have done for anyone of us.
I propose to all of you that have complaints,concerns, and just bad days, what has been accomplished by doing any one of these things? Where was your ideas, dedication, and concerns when it came to ensuring that we will still have a place to come and talk, ask questions, look for parts you need, and just enjoy the comedy without your boss, spouse, or significant other butting in on what you have to say? Let things slowly develop, we will see where we all are in a month or two. Keep this important thought in mind before bashing what we know nothing about, the Roman empire was not built in a single day, MOPARS will NEVER DIE, web sites will come and go, and this web site is here because someone really does it for the love of doing it, not for the glory or the money.
Just food for thought ;)
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

Charger71

I thought D-C.com was just having technical difficulties....  Until Troy emailed me, too.

Thanks man...   It's good to see alot of familiar names on this site.  I got used to reading posts from you all. 

I'm with the other folks that think Troy should get compensated for the time and effort.   I also agree that the site should grow
like D-C.com did.  Remember how it was to look at the site to see what other people had posted?  Read other peoples ideas and try them on your car(s)? It was new and fun.   The experienced people will still have the knowledge.  Sure we are going to see alot of the same poeple here, but we could get some new folks, too.

Troy, (et al...)
My hat is off to you folks.   Let me know how users can help.    Maybe members can look for sponsors for you to discuss advertising.....  Win, win situation.    They give you money.  We can look at the sponsors SMALL ad.  Maybe people won't ask for sources if there was advertisers...  If there are members with skills or services, they can advertise and get business too.

Thats my 2 cents....

Charger71

Ghoste

I don't want to get into Jesse bashing either.  No one can know what happened until we walk his path.  I wish he'd have come through on the t-shirts and I'm sorry the site went down but I also don't believe he wanted any of that to happen.