News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hooking up short cars

Started by Ghoste, August 26, 2005, 07:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Went to our little cruise night last night and there was a new car there.  A young kid had made a real nice fiberglass bodied 32 Ford coupe.  It was yellow and very much a modern interpretation of the Milner car in American Grafitti.  It wasn't an exact clone as he modern style wheels and a link style rear suspension and drag radials.  It also had a blown 454 for power and an automatic.
He just got it on the road so he hasn't had a chance to use it yet and to be truthful, I think it scares him a little.
Anyway, I think it's way overpowered for a street car and drag radials and link or no, he'll never make it hook up.  A couple of my friends think it's going to be wicked fast when he gets it sorted out.

69bananabeast

thats insane putting a blown 454 in that , specially since its fiberglass.  Its got to weigh like what 2500 ? That thing is prolly gonna be hell on wheels but it'd also scare the hell out of anyone
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Ghoste

Well, that's kind of what I think too.  It said Merlin on the valve covers but I don't know if it had Merlin heads or not.  They haven't spared the expense anywhere else so it wouldn't surprise me.  Idles rough.  Loud as hell.
If you could keep it straight, it would be fun even if it didn't hook up.  But I don't know that it would ever lay down a a pass up to it's potential.

andy74

too much power kicks serious ass! :drive: i would love a ride in that monster :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Ghoste

There are a bunch of us in line ahead of you if he ever starts handing out the abuse my car tickets.  ;D

Ghoste

Well, the rumor starting to go around now is that it is a bone stock 454 out of a Suburban that he stuck a blower and Merlin valve covers on.  I don't care, I'd still like to beat the hell out of his car.