News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What size Tires?

Started by 71RTN96, August 26, 2005, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71RTN96

I need to put tires on my 71. It's an original 15x7 Ralley Wheel car. I'm putting Ralley Wheels back on it. But I need a tire size. It still has the G60-15 marking on the truck lid. I want a radial size that is as close to original as possible.   thx   matt s

johnyACOSTA

Quote from: 71RTN96 on August 26, 2005, 08:20:54 AM
I need to put tires on my 71. It's an original 15x7 Ralley Wheel car. I'm putting Ralley Wheels back on it. But I need a tire size. It still has the G60-15 marking on the truck lid. I want a radial size that is as close to original as possible.   thx   matt s
225, 235 or  255/60/15.... you can to put tires  :coolgleamA:

SpudRacer

I think he's looking to keep a stock appearance...

Sorry, my knowledge is limited to the 69, and even then is not much, but growing daily!!

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

andy74

ive got 245/60r15s on my 72,they look great-8 inch wide tread.i wish i had gone a little bigger on the rears,but the fronts fit and look awesome

Plumcrazy

I'm pretty sure G 60 15's cross over to 215 60 15's

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

SpudRacer

I've got 245/60/15s on the front and 295/50/15s on the rear.  The height between the two is within 0.1".

Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' R/T SE Turquoise
Tom
Bryson City, NC

MTPOCKET

Man nice  looking car Spud! :2thumbs:

SpudRacer

Thanks so much.  Right now its a wonderful 20' car.  I'm working to make it a 20" car.

She still needs a new "I" Piece, any ideas where to get one?  http://www.chargerspecialties.com/ as well as Year One have them back ordered for who knows how long.  I keep scrounging eBay, bid on two, but missed each due to being at work at the end of the auction.

I prefer an original anodized aluminum instead of the new plastic ones, but I'm at the point, I'll take anything I can find.  Charger Specialties is working on a whole grill trim package and hope to have it ready soon.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Ghoste

There was a prototype I piece on display at the Nats and it looked pretty nice.  They weren't cheap but it's a much needed repop and I don't think they'll be backordered much longer.

SpudRacer

Got a phone call from Year One yesterday, backorder has now been pushed to after labor day.   :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_sad:

If anyone knows where I can get a show-quality "I" piece, let me know.  I'm in the process of trying to make mine at least presentable, but it is pretty bent up from the last owner.  He put BONDO on it!!!
Tom
Bryson City, NC

MoparYoungGun

SpudRacer

I appreciate all the comments :icon_smile:
Tom
Bryson City, NC

blue69

Try emailing or calling gunslinger http://www.pistolgrip727.com/ . They don't list it on their webpage but someone posted a picture of their reproduction aluminum i piece and it looked good.

Ghoste

I think that is who had the prototype on display.
There's no way you can tap out the dents and polish it?  I apologize if it's a stupid question but not having seen it in my hand I have to ask.

SpudRacer

The "I" piece I stuck back on the car has cracks that cannot be repaired.  I got hold of Gunslingers finally, they do have them in stock for $190 which is $40 more than the cheap plastic ones.  I think I'll get one and let you know how it looks when it gets here.

By the way, even with a dented/cracked "I" piece, the BRUTE still can perform like she should...
Tom
Bryson City, NC

SpudRacer

Year One plastic "I" piece due to arrive tonight.  I'll try to post a pic of it at the topic in "body" section.

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC