News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone - Parts Cost?

Started by 1976 Charger, October 12, 2006, 08:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1976 Charger

I've been thinking about doing a Daytona clone and would like to know what the approximate cost of parts is.  I'm thinking of using the Stinger kit and have a friend with a Vega for the window plug.  What is a reasonable guestimate of the cost of parts to do the job?  BTW I already have a Daytona but it is just a 76.

Brock Samson

welcome   :wave:
Good luck with that! 
the guys in the "areo cars" section are all about that,..

you might wanna introduce yourself there and read up on the debates on who's parts are best...

goode luck and again WELCOME!!

hotrod98

Your price will vary according to how accurate you want the car to look. Check with daytonalo here on the board regarding the stinger kit. I'm working on having molds built for the fiberglass parts. It's been difficult to find the time with car shows, heavy work loads and extremely hot weather here. After the sema show we should be getting a little more serious. My best guess is that you will spend somewhere between $6000 and $10,000 depending on who's parts you use and how far you take the build. This does not include labor of course. Check through the archives here on the aero board using the search engine. There have been a lot of discussions regarding building daytona clones.
Good luck and welcome to our world.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

howdy. lotsa work involved in making a decent daytona replica. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

thallium

daytonalo

Blown70

daytonalo

I think He trying to say he owns a 86 front drive grandmom daytona  :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

no, there is a late 70's charger daytona. no wing though
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

Quote from: Blown70 on October 13, 2006, 08:28:13 AM
1976?  What do you mean 76. 

There was a '76 Dodge Charger Daytona, but it wasn't anything to write home about.

Quote from: Wikipedia
In 1976 the model range was expanded to four models — base, Charger Sport, Charger SE and the Charger Daytona. The base and Sport models used a different body than the SE and Daytona, and were essentially a rebadging of what had been the 1975 Dodge Coronet 2-door models. The Charger Daytona was introduced in hopes or rekindling the performance fire, but it amounted to little more than a tape/stripe package.  It did offer either the 360 small block or the 400 big block. Sales did go up slighty to 65,900 in 1976 but would quickly plummet after that.

Brock Samson

hemigeno

Blown70

Ok YEA YEA,  I know.  But does anyone make daytona parts for them.  That was my point.  Seems like he is asking for DAYTONA PARTS like the wing cars.  NOT 75-76 Daytona parts.

THAT WAS MY POINT.  NOW YOU ALL CAN GO BACK TO THINKING YOU KNOW IT ALL>... :flame:

hemigeno

Quote from: Blown70 on October 13, 2006, 11:30:59 AM
Ok YEA YEA,  I know.  But does anyone make daytona parts for them.  That was my point.  Seems like he is asking for DAYTONA PARTS like the wing cars.  NOT 75-76 Daytona parts.

THAT WAS MY POINT.  NOW YOU ALL CAN GO BACK TO THINKING YOU KNOW IT ALL>... :flame:

Sorry Tom, didn't mean it that way.  I guess the only '76 Daytona-specific parts are the stickers/decals?   :shruggy:

Either way, the original poster was asking for '69 Daytona clone parts - you're right.

:cheers:

Howie

If you get parts from stinger check with daytonalo. I think he has sanding elbow.  :brickwall: Lot of hours in that nose.

Blown70

Sorry Wrong side of the bed this AM..... :rotz:

1976 Charger

Thanks for the responses.  I'm looking at building a 69 Charger Clone.  Here is a picture of my 76 Charger:

http://bestplaceautorepair.com/customercars/05-PCS/PCS05_09.jpg

Brock Samson

nice,..  ;D

(Blown, turn on your sarcasm detector)..

Blown70

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 13, 2006, 01:01:40 PM
nice,..  ;D

(Blown, turn on your sarcasm detector)..

DOhhhh.  Must have turned off with the power outage..... :P

Brock Samson

WHAT CAN YA' SAY?   :shruggy: IT'S FRIDAY the 13th..  :ahum: :rant: :devil: