News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clones From Around the World - Post Your Pics

Started by Daytona Guy, August 26, 2005, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

clones
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

more
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

BigBlockSam

i don't know if the winston car is a clone but it sure is purdy

cudaken

What would I give to have the wing back? Well at this point nothing. With out the other part's it would just look goofy on my Charger. I am funny about that kind of stuff. That is why I was going to do the slug. If Ted had got me the slug and I had it installed, that might have been a driffrent story.

Beside's, with the deal you had on the repop wing, I take that over the real one, I like $600.00 instead of $4,000.00 for a real one now.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Daytona Guy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 28, 2005, 09:17:02 PM
more

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1955.0;id=3656;image

I believe that last pic of the Red with the black wing is my old Ice Blue Daytona. I sold it to a guy in LA, and it ended up in Nevada. I know because they did not change the title over and I got a ticket two years later from Nevada. I had to show them my BOS before they voided the ticket.

Daytona Guy

WOW, where is that Winston Cup Daytona from? What a freaking great paint scheme.

Daytona Guy

What did the eastcoastmopars webpage show? All I could find was the Joe Dirt Daytona.

wingcars6970

Im a fan of the Joe Dirt daytona and there is a clone superbiird on here being built .My 70 daytona clone I purchased and finished in all detail.Was one of the 2 Ted Janak built and owned in the early 80-s.He still has his yellow one..My old clone daytona now lives in Carthage NC

Daytona Guy

Awesome. Do you have pics of the one you built? Maybe you posted it and I missed it, but I would love to see it. I have never seen the one Ted made. You say it is Yellow, What color of yellow?

BigBlockSam

hey Dane
i don't think that the orange one is your old car. that was built by lawfiish racing , smith valley racing. then sold to some guy in florida heres a link to it

http://www.smithvalleymopars.com/69_daytona_charger_clone.htm

i dig that winston car. i got that picture from the winged warrior board.   Rene

69_500

Just a note about the pictures of the "Charger 500" that was posted. That car is a true HEMI Daytona. The car had been in 500 get up since the early 80's, and when that guy purchased the car he thought he was buying a HEMI 500. Only to later find out its a HEMI Daytona. So not a bad upgrade to get considering he didn't know it was a Daytona. Car still had the wing brackets, and jack in the trunk.
I do believe that car has since been restored and is now once again wearing a wing and a nose cone.

wetfeetmi

Here is mine in it's current state of being! I have all the parts, just no time. I did find the donor car Sat. from which I will extract it's motor/trans. This car had a 340 in it (from where I don't know). It is an X head motor, but it is already sold. I am using a 5 cyl turbo diesel Mercedes in my clone. I have converted to a disc setup already and stripped the car after these photos were taken.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 30, 2005, 12:49:59 PM
hey Dane
i don't think that the orange one is your old car. that was built by lawfiish racing , smith valley racing. then sold to some guy in florida heres a link to it

http://www.smithvalleymopars.com/69_daytona_charger_clone.htm

i dig that winston car. i got that picture from the winged warrior board.   Rene

The story I read online about that car is that a guy owned it and was going to sell it. He advertised it and then pulled it from the market and wanted to finish it. The add gave a Nevada address. I could not find on that link you gave where that car was built or where it is at. One thing is.. it does have the Vega rear window. Where did you get your info? It sounds like you know your stuff on this one.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

BigBlockSam

hey Dane
  i was trying to buy the car. lawfish racing use to post on the winged warriors board. they told me that the guy they sold it to  in florida wanted to sell the car but by the time i heard back the car was gone. my never ending battle to own a wing car goes on. Rene

6pkrtse

This is an awesome thread since i have been looking for a 69' to convert to a Daytona clone someday.
Daytonaguy,
How are you doing all of the rear windows plugs (Vega hatch's?) & also how do you modify the deck lids & inner package trays.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Daytona Guy

That is a loaded Question. Get a big hammer and a blow torch, close your eyes and start swinging.  ;D  Does someone have those threads that we talked about the rear Vega window installation? For the price and quality, I think it is the way to go. The Dayclona plug and the after market glass is nice, if money is not a problem.

I guess I will have to post more... This is one that I would vote as the nicest clone out there. I would like to thank people for their compliments ... but my vote would go to this one.

BigBlockSam

i say it's a toss up between that one and your  yellow one. hey did you name that car yet,

wingcars6970

A little tech tip for clone daytona builders

If stinger fiberglass products has the head light pivot brackets.With the connection point for the vacuum acutuator which is a known weak link on fiberglass parts .And people go to the electric set up sometimes out of frustrations with the vacuum. Ive made this change on cars Ive done.I get a household screen storm cylinder support bracket.Its hollow in the middle for the actuator arm.You need to shorten it and drill a hole in the side and pin it.And the screen door cylinder support bracket is flat with 4 mounting points.And will lay flat on the backside of the pivot bracket and only need 2 holes to secure it

Daytona Guy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 01, 2005, 09:40:34 AM
i say it's a toss up between that one and your   yellow one. hey did you name that car yet,

I don't name cars. Sorry. Thanks for the compliments on my Yellow Daytona. Hey, there's a name. Ha

Chris G.

Here's a created car, circa 1988 in NJ.

BTW, since when are 1970 Chargers considered clones for a car that only existed in 1969? If you do a clone, you need a '69. If it's a '70, it's just a created car.   ;)

wetfeetmi

BTW, since when are 1970 Chargers considered clones for a car that only existed in 1969? If you do a clone, you need a '69. If it's a '70, it's just a created car.

Burnt70 r/T... What in the hell are you talking about? Crack a Websters and get back to us.

Chris G.

Quote from: wetfeetmi on September 01, 2005, 07:42:14 PM
Burnt70 r/T... What in the hell are you talking about? Crack a Websters and get back to us.

Almost every '69 Daytona Clone, is based off of a 1970 Charger. Do I still need the Webster? Check the VIN's next time you see a "so called" clone.

Just in case you don't understand, a clone can only be a replica of a car that existed for the year that car was produced. No car with an "0" in the VIN could be a cloned Daytona.   I can create a 440 '73 Challenger R/T, but can I clone one? Can you understand that?

Troy

Not to stir the pot, but I don't see that definition listed anywhere. The closest I can find is:
"One that copies or closely resembles another, as in appearance or function"

I'd say a 70 "clone" qualifies in that respect. There are Shelby Mustang "clones" from different year vehicles. Haven't we covered this before? Is there and automotive dictionary that I don't know about? Even if there is a formal definition there's also common usage to take into account. Clones and replicas are seemingly interchangeable but mean two totally different things as well. I have never heard of a "created car" unless it's a hand built rod or something like that.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.