News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clones From Around the World - Post Your Pics

Started by Daytona Guy, August 26, 2005, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

PocketThunder

Thats the watermellon Daytona is it not?  I thought that one was real? :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 12, 2008, 11:43:30 AM
Thats the watermellon Daytona is it not?  I thought that one was real? :shruggy:
as real as a 70 daytona can be but yes it was a  car back in the day pictured at chrysler ( no one  knows where it went )
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Zinc

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 12, 2008, 11:43:30 AM

Ive found more "MELONS" :lol:

Zinc

And I googled this one, looks like the original?

daytonalo

Zinc

Quote from: daytonalo on March 12, 2008, 03:09:09 PM
OK , they made 500 of them !!!!!!!!!Happy ?? :icon_smile_big:

daytono, I remember reading a MCG article a few years ago, the said there was 3 , 1970 daytonas made the green one, a purple one and a blue one,sounds like tele-tubbies to me :lol:well the blue one noby knose were its at, the purple one was on ebay for $250K, the green one is suppose to be the only one in mtstery as to who made it, the purple one was a dealer made car supposely,I thought that daycloners car was a tribute to the green one? :shruggy: or is it the real deal :shruggy:

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

C_stripes

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 12, 2008, 10:50:42 PM
No...real...confirmed...70...daytonas.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: The Purple one was found to be a hoax.  But the guy still insists its real. The green one is the only one that might have been a some what sort of legit car maybe. lol. But they still said it was not factory. But in all honesty. None of the Daytonas are "factory" They were all customs at a shop. 
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Ghoste

And if you read the next issue of MCG discussing 70 Daytonas, they poked holes in the stories of all three cars.  They now firmly stand behind saying that until someone steps forward and can actually prove they have a 70 Daytona, none exist.

daytonalo

Zinc

Maybe someday?

Anyway the watermelon daytona is a cool lookin custom, I like the crazy paint jobs from back in the day, they were different, everybody today restrores there cars back to original, with plain old boring paintjobs, after awhile the orange and red daytonas all look the same, :icon_smile_dissapprove:  boring :Twocents:

PocketThunder

Oh crap, look what i started..  :popcrn:

Well, better get back it work on my '72 Hemi Road Runner..   :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

Quote from: Zinc on March 13, 2008, 08:49:54 AM

Maybe someday?

Lots of us want to believe.     But after 39 years, the prospects of factory assembled 1970 Daytonas surfacing are somewhere between slim and none.   

Here is something to put the search for these cars into perspective.   The conversation of 1970 Daytonas appeared in one of the first ever Winged Warriors newsletters, in 1975.     So you can take it to the bank that there have been people on the lookout for these cars since they were five or six years out of the assembly line.  That's 33 continuous years of wing car enthusiasts looking for any shred of truth to the rumor.   

The green watermelon custom - yes, that one existed within the walls of Chrysler.  But we don't know whose car or why or what happened to it.   The purple one was clearly dealer assembled, and really has been discounted as a factory produced car.    The alleged red Carl Payne car was determined to be a fabricated story with faked documents. 

daytonalo

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on March 13, 2008, 01:21:19 PM
Maybe Shasquatch is driving it ????
I dont think he would fit with elvis , james dean , marilyn monroe , jimi hendrix and jim morrison already in it !

that water melon car need a green mod top also that would be sweet

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 13, 2008, 10:26:21 AM
Oh crap, look what i started..  :popcrn:

Well, better get back it work on my '72 Hemi Road Runner..   :scratchchin:

Is your 72 hemi runner a 4 speed or an automatic?  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Regardless of what people want to call the purple car, it is in a different status than any "clone" Daytona that has been done. Call it what you want, even though it wasn't a Chrysler sanctioned custom job like the rest of the 69 Daytona's it was done VERY EARLY.

Zinc

Quote from: 69_500 on March 13, 2008, 06:35:28 PM
Regardless of what people want to call the purple car, it is in a different status than any "clone" Daytona that has been done. Call it what you want, even though it wasn't a Chrysler sanctioned custom job like the rest of the 69 Daytona's it was done VERY EARLY.

According to the MCG article the green 70 watermwllon car was probaly done around late 69, and the purple one too, as it was photographed at the 70 daytona 500 race, thats feb,march?what about the rumoured B5 70 Daytona? anybody, also regarding wether it's a clone, non factory built, all the 69 daytonas were assembled in a outside shop, just like the Hurst 68 Hemuii Dart asnd Barracudas! and the Hursts 300's,how about all the custom showcars built by bodyshops for chrysler, I think it dosen't matter who, what.when they were built there all MOPARS, thats all tthats counts :2thumbs:

GeneralLeeTESH

Here is DUKETONA !!!
The TESH

daytonalo

Are those Wheelie bars ??? Or just a bad case of weak springs ??

Moparmatty

Quote from: daytonalo on March 14, 2008, 01:44:44 AM
Are those Wheelie bars ??? Or just a bad case of weak springs ??

They're ground hog killers!
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

BigBlockSam

Duktona looks good. are you gonna put a nose on it? Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img