News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clones From Around the World - Post Your Pics

Started by Daytona Guy, August 26, 2005, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I've been busy buying parts for one of my Barracuda projects. I just scored a good deal on a project that a guy had given up on. The guy had an 87 Dodge pickup that he put a fresh built 440 and fresh built 727 in. He used an MSD billet distributor, an MSD 6A box, offy alum intake, holley 750, MP polished valve covers and had just bought a new battery. He never could get it to run right so he sold it to me for $1000. I tried to drive it home but it kept dying. I finally pulled over and opened the hood and after looking at it for a few minutes, I realized that he had used a fuel log and had one of the ports plumbed directly to the return line. The carb was running out of fuel.  I clamped that hose off with a nylon tie and the truck drove perfect. I sold the truck to a friend and kept the driveline for my 70 Barracuda ratrod project. Flat black 70 Barracuda with black wheels, 440, 727, six pack hood, Autometer gauges and no a/c. I'm building it mostly from parts that I've had lying around for years. I'm not going to tell you how much I ended up with in my entire driveline.

Should be a fun low buck project for next year.

Black Daytona clone comes first though. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteBlack Daytona clone comes first though. Grin

:cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Howie

Larry, well at least your daytona project is going faster than mine. Well get there. I think that yours and mine will be finished for branson next summer. At least with me retiring from the military I wont have that over my head as to what weekends now I can come out and play.
:icon_smile_big: 

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

I'm sure there are more clones out there to update this thread
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

BigBlockSam

pro street bird clone , sold on ebay for $150000

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

aussie daytona

been awhile guys...body is in primer after any small bits of rust cut out and replaced,craig did all the big bits while she was still stateside,engine is now fully recoed with some tweeking,trans and tailshaft rebuilt...just waiting for my painter to come down and paint her...been a long road guys...really feel for you guys who have finished your clones,my hats off to all of you. mat...included a shot of my wifes 67 valiant ute...she bought it to keep me in a mopar state of mind  :D

aussie daytona

hers my cloned 440,really just the hp383 she came with

aussie daytona

have a really strange question,could you get a daytona without a console ???,if you had a 4 speed,toying with the idea of running without console and just having my pistol grip shifter and boot like the roadrunners and birds have them  :shruggy:

UFO

Quote from: aussie daytona on August 22, 2010, 03:05:46 AM
have a really strange question,could you get a daytona without a console ???,if you had a 4 speed,toying with the idea of running without console and just having my pistol grip shifter and boot like the roadrunners and birds have them  :shruggy:

Sure can.The console was just another option

BigBlockSam

wow she looks great . i almost put a pic of your car on this thread the other day . asking if anybody knew what happened with your build.

what color you gonna paint it?
  people don't realize how difficult it is to build  a correct daytona and give up . i'm glad it's coming together . Rene  :cheers:

aussie daytona

thanks guys,going with hemi orange....i know its a common color in the states but downunder theres only tims real one and a couple of other clones so im going with orange with black wing..yea hah :icon_smile_big:

djcarguy

:2thumbs: :popcrn: sure some great clones and great ta see.never see many real or clones out  here on west coast.
     love the tubbed super bird,finally one with full quarters and traction control.drakes motors car looks like it should be repainted the same as a part of history,,is car lot still around???? : great rides :popcrn: :2thumbs:
bye

FREE AT LAST,I HAVE A DREAM.THAT WE ALL CAN DRIVE AND BUILD AND ENJOY ALL OF MOTHER MOPARS OFFSPRING AND CUSTOM OR CLONED OR HOTRODDED WE ALL JUST BE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY?????   FREE SPEACH AND OPINIONS BULL????   OLD THREADS HAVE SOME GREAT INFO AND PICS FOR NEWER MEMBER BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR FROM SITE????????????????   ?????????????? ????????????????????

41husk

here is mine built by Larry Ropper
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

xx29440charger

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on February 13, 2011, 05:11:52 PM
:2thumbs: :popcrn: sure some great clones and great ta see.never see many real or clones out  here on west coast.
     love the tubbed super bird,finally one with full quarters and traction control.drakes motors car looks like it should be repainted the same as a part of history,,is car lot still around???? : great rides :popcrn: :2thumbs:
bye

FREE AT LAST,I HAVE A DREAM.THAT WE ALL CAN DRIVE AND BUILD AND ENJOY ALL OF MOTHER MOPARS OFFSPRING AND CUSTOM OR CLONED OR HOTRODDED WE ALL JUST BE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY?????   FREE SPEACH AND OPINIONS BULL????   OLD THREADS HAVE SOME GREAT INFO AND PICS FOR NEWER MEMBER BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR FROM SITE????????????????   ?????????????? ????????????????????

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

A383Wing

Charger-Bodie

Here are a couple of mine. 526 FHO Hemi 4 speed Dana60 3.54. My dream car is in my garage.  :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

Just wanted to bump this up. Maybe get some new additions
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

aussie daytona