News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clones From Around the World - Post Your Pics

Started by Daytona Guy, August 26, 2005, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodaddy1

it was ---- yes you can find stuff there if you LOOK hard first.  Solid underside only 1 bad spot on the frame.  Caught the car by accident on their site and it rang a bell so I called a friend in the area and had him check it out first. Bought it cheap as they didn't know about the car and had NO offers.

BigBlockSam

i remember that car when it was for sale at HELLPAG'. i thought about it for about a minute. to much work for me but the price was rite. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Guy

Quote from: G-Series on September 02, 2005, 12:30:00 PM
I know you don't have the b&w pix I do(I will scan them for you)

Looking forward to seeing those pics.

Did you guys show this week? It must be fun driving all three to shows. Just driving my two wings to a show this year was a blast.

G-Series

:icon_smile_wink:

Daytona Guy

<<<I know you don't have the b&w pix I do(I will scan them for you), >>>

Those Super Stock mag pics are what I am interested in... Looking forward to seeing those.

hotrod98

Any idea as to who owns this clone?
I can't remember where I found this pic, but I like it.
Not sure what kind of wheels are on it. Any idea?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

BTW, this is the car that I'm copying.
I know...red's been done to death, but I really don't want to stay triple black.
Besides, Rene's building a black clone.  ;D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

howdy larry
i'm gonna have a white tail on mine. i don't think thats a clone. i remember that car for sale. i think on ebay. reds cool. a real hotrod color.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

For some reason I have it marked as a clone in my archives.
Did you cut on the plug yet? I haven't seen any pics yet.
Will your car look like this?  ;D
I can't remember if this one was real. I think it is.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

thats it.  don't  you see the one next to my avitar, next to my 39 rod. thats what i want mine to look like.  :drive:

BigBlockSam

Daytona Guy

Here is a Clone of a Mopar club presidents car.

This is a very nice clone...

Here is the one that was cloned in Colorado with Janak parts. This is the one that has been around the block a few times with the dealers. It was the one that supposedly went for 52K. It was a 383 car but when the dealers got it - they put a nice 440 in it.

73ChargerSE

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 05, 2005, 08:35:31 PM
Any idea as to who owns this clone?
I can't remember where I found this pic, but I like it.
Not sure what kind of wheels are on it. Any idea?

Those were the Kelsey Hayes wheels that got recalled.  Something about the lugs?  I'm not sure.  Someone help me out

Brock Samson

no those were not the Kelsey Hayes wheels those were the hubcapps they put on Dodge C-bods in '70...
BTW: The KH wheels were found to fail when run hard in reverse,.. there is a '68 dart running round the pennisula here with a small Dia. K.H. wheel.. ive seen it on the road two or three times (in the past 20 years) but never been able to stop the owner to ask where they are from.
I guess us Moparians notice this little crap..  :yesnod:

73ChargerSE

Quote from: Stratocharger on September 07, 2005, 12:29:03 AM
no those were not the Kelsey Hayes wheels those were the hubcapps they put on Dodge C-bods in '70...
BTW: The KH wheels were found to fail when run hard in reverse,.. there is a '68 dart running round the pennisula here with a small Dia. K.H. wheel.. ive seen it on the road two or three times (in the past 20 years) but never been able to stop the owner to ask where they are from.
I guess us Moparians notice this little crap..  :yesnod:

Oh, wow, I could have sworn those were the wheels.

BigBlockSam

see the turn signals on that presidents car replica.  i get a kick out of the differant way people clone cars it's  cool. like the clear plastic over the lights. on one of Dane's cars. that looked good. adds a little individuality to the car

hotrod98

While I was attending the SEMA show last fall I saw the new Kelsey Hayes repro wheels. I can't remember who the vendor was but we talked about the wheels for a while. He asked me if I thought the wheels would sell well or not. I told him that I didn't think that they would since they don't look original. After all, we don't see them that much. They're good looking wheels, but to me they look like AMC wheels.
Just my opinion.

Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: jrzeppy on September 07, 2005, 12:49:44 AM
Quote from: Stratocharger on September 07, 2005, 12:29:03 AM
I guess us Moparians notice this little crap..   :yesnod:

Oh, wow, I could have sworn those were the wheels.

nope. i think i got a set of those wheel covers on my '69 New Yorker.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Daytona Guy

Here is one of mine that is for sale back in NY. This is the one (#7) I never got to finish thanks to my divorce. If you look at the front valance, I made a replacement piece for those who did not want to get the lower valance. All you have to do is remove the valance and this part fit both the fender and the nose. That Red Viper Daytona did a similar thing but they welded everything together (that looks cleaner)

Daytona Guy

Here is Bill's Superbird clone and now Mikes Daytona (AllblueRT). Those of you who know Bill know what a great guy he is. I know the bird is not a Daytona but it is a wing car. You do not see as many birds as clones. I like birds a whole lot more without the vinyl top. I also like his stance. Some wingcars look like they have a lift kit on them and seeing that nose sticking to high just does not look right to me.

hotrod98

I've had a pic of those cars in my archives for a while and never knew who owned them.
Are the headlights mounted in the lower part of the nose on the bird? That looks so right somehow.
My wife want's a limelight/sublime wing car. Maybe I should build her a bird clone to go with my Daytona clone.
Still wishing that I hadn't sold my 70 GTX.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

this is an outstanding wing car and he's a brother member on the board . i hope he doesn't mind me sharing these pics

Brock Samson

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 08, 2005, 11:53:03 PM
this is an outstanding wing car and he's a brither member on the board . i hope he doesn't mind me sharing these pics

Sam?. Excuse me,.. but is a "brither member" anything like a "fragrant poster"?..

thallium

I've been thinking on how to do the headlight doors and I'm just at the stage now to start mocking up the nose cone etc...   After seeing that bird with the headlights mounted right under the leading edge of the nose, what do you guys think of something like that on a daytona? I think it would solve a lot of problems for me on getting the headlight doors to open and close.   My clone won't have to be an exact replica, just a modifed restified.   I thinik it might look cool.