News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Creative Ind.

Started by 65post, October 15, 2006, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Since All chargers were delivered to Creative ( V88 ). Did they come with the metal R/T badge? I don`t remember seeing any welded up holes in the 1/4`s of my old one but maybe I was not looking really hard either.And on the rear window plug was the paint blown in after the work was done or did the cars get a total repaint?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

daytonalo

There had to be a vinyl R/T  stripe when it was built ?

daytonalo

The paint was done by a couple of chimps with rollers

hemigeno

Quote from: 65post on October 15, 2006, 09:23:27 PM
Since All chargers were delivered to Creative ( V88 ). Did they come with the metal R/T badge? I don`t remember seeing any welded up holes in the 1/4`s of my old one but maybe I was not looking really hard either.And on the rear window plug was the paint blown in after the work was done or did the cars get a total repaint?

The badges were supposed to be left off, but a few cars did have the quarterpanel badges installed at least initially.  This goes for Daytonas and '69 Charger 500's both, incidentally.

I'm personally not sure whether a "mistake" car like that was fixed at Hamtramck, or at Creative Industries.  On some of those "mistake" cars, the R/T badge was left on the tail panel.  My guess on that is because Creative Industries had the body-color paint on hand due to the other repainting work they had to do, so patching the holes in the quarterpanels would be no big deal.  Organisol (the textured flat black paint Hamtramck used on the tailpanel) was very difficult to apply correctly, and almost impossible to touch up.  As a result, I think the "mistake" cars whose quarterpanels were fixed at Creative Industries had the R/T badges left on the tailpanel -- rather than replacing it with the Charger/arrowhead version and having to mess with the Organisol.

I thought there was a DC.com member with a Bronze C500 with the patched-over holes.  Might do a search sometime to see if I can find that info.

Anyway - I'm not sure what your question is about the window plug.  From what I have heard, the amount of paint Creative applied depended on how much it took to blend in the window plug work to make it look half-way decent.  I know there are stories of Daytonas whose new owners insisted that the selling dealership repaint the car under warranty because the finish was that bad.

If you consider that the entire front clip, C-pillars, decklid, and at least part of the roof had to get painted, the only significant exterior body panels that weren't automatically repainted were the doors, the lower 2/3 of the quarterpanels and the rear valance.  A rough guess would be that the car was more than half painted (or painted again) at Creative.

Sorry if I didn't catch the drift of your question...

WINGMAN

My 500 156002  had the R/T badges on it when it was built, at some point they were removed and i think it was dun at creative as i found one broken stud in the trunk. Also the insides of the quarters are pached-over with bondo. My Daytona never had the quarter R/Temblems on it. :icon_smile_cool:  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

69_500

I've never seen a daytona that had the holes in it, but I have seen a fair amount of C500's that have had the R/T emblems on them at one time or another.

Doesn't mean that they didn't hit a few Daytona's too by mistake. I just haven't seen one.