News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Floor Replacement Parts

Started by TruckDriver, August 26, 2005, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Does anyone reproduce trunk floor pans for the '71-'72 Chargers? I looked in Paddock's catalog, but nuthing. Not even the extentions  :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chrisII

guess im gladd mine are actually good    :icon_smile_tongue:   good luck tho...

NHCharger

Don't know of anyone who makes pans. I bought the trunk floor extensions through Autobody Specialties. They make a generic extension that you cut to length, fit pretty good.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Ok, next question then. Does anyone think that Por 15 will stop the spred of all that rust?
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

beenaround

bro if you don't follow por's instructions to the letter it will peel off!!!ii would use eastwoods rust encapsulating primer in stead.

TruckDriver

Quote from: beenaround on August 27, 2005, 11:01:46 PM
bro if you don't follow por's instructions to the letter it will peel off!!!ii would use eastwoods rust encapsulating primer in stead.

I never heard of that stuff. Does it go on easy? What is it more less?

This is what I need to coat since I might have a problem finding a rust free trunk floor replacement. I figure I can use some bondo to fill the holes temporarly just in this area.

PETE

sharpspike

TruckDriver

They do for '73 & '74 Chargers. Not for '71 & '72 like I need :(
PETE

Drop Top

That type of rust is just what POR-15 is intended for.

NHCharger

I got the trunk floor extensions for my 72 through Autobody Specialties. Like I said, they were generic. We cut about 6" off the length to make them fit in my Charger.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

beenaround

blast the rust out bro and use eastwood!

MoparUSAF

I'm using the Por-15 as we speak!
It looks like it may work!
I am having trouble attaching pictures.....so until that is figured out.....I cannot provide a visual before and after

BigBlockSam

Quoteblast the rust out bro and use eastwood 
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img