News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Location of mounting holes for Drivers Side Mirror (68 Charger)?

Started by Corellian Corvette, October 23, 2006, 12:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

Can anyone send me a pic, or give me the location of the 2 mounting holes for the drivers-side rearview mirror on a 68 Charger? For some reason my car has 2 screw holes drilled in, neither of which is large enough for the stud on the repro mirror I bought. I felt inside the door and don't feel any bondo, so there's no way for me to tell the exact location of the mirror. Pics or dimensions would be awesome.

Thanks!

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Corellian Corvette

Bump! Please help - just need a pic of a mirror removed to see where it should be mounted.

Thanks!

68mmcharger

Does this help?

Corellian Corvette

THANKS SO MUCH!

Sent these pics to the guy painting my car.

Thanks again!

bull

Quote from: Corellian Corvette on November 02, 2006, 10:11:55 PM
THANKS SO MUCH!

Sent these pics to the guy painting my car.

Thanks again!

What happened to the holes on yours?

Corellian Corvette

I don't know!  ???

There are 2 holes in mine - both are drilled for screws.

Neiter is large enough to pass the stud through to mount the Mirror - and the holes are not the correct distance apart bewteen the stud and the screw hole. So, one is not correct, and the stud hole is covered.

We tried feeling underneath the door for signs of welds/bondo but couldn't see anything. Hard to see up in there.

It's also not the same door off the car. It could be from a 69 or a different 68. I needed some pics of a correct one so we could see where they are supposed to be.

bull

Some goober probably welded them closed back in 1982 so he could mount his own "cool" aftermarket mirror. It's amazing some of these cars survived as well as they have. The holes for my Charger script sail panel emblems were gone when I got my car but luckily they were just covered with Bondo. It was quite a relief to see them reappear.

68mmcharger

Looked like someone had knocked mine off at some point.  The small forward hole was elongated and the area in front of it was caved in and metal was cracked. The repair was to fill it all in with bondo and drill another hole, as you can see from the welded up spot, in front to mount an aftermarket mirror. No one was willing to fix it. All they did was patch it.

Kevin