News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Forever young screenshots

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 22, 2006, 07:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

shots from movie forever young, former general lee

Shakey

Charger_Fan

I remember that flick, I think we've even got a copy buried in a box somewhere... :scratchchin:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

01MOPAR

I was told that  car was a left over warner bros. gl from the doh series.

Shakey

Quote from: 01MOPAR on October 23, 2006, 12:36:14 PM
I was told that  car was a left over warner bros. gl from the doh series.

Who told you that, The Charger Punk?

THE CHARGER PUNK

no i read that it was aleftover in mopar muscle-MAT

chargerboy69

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on October 23, 2006, 02:44:08 PM
no i read that it was aleftover in mopar muscle-MAT

I read that as well. . .
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

gnrl01

It is true that car was leftover from the television series, I even know where the car ended up. The owner of this car wants to remain anonymous so I have to respect that, there are vultures out there looking for these cars. Those 10 spoke vectors were not on there by accident.  :icon_smile_wink:

JimShine

It is a 68 to 69 conversion too. Just another piece of proof pointing to it being a GL.

THE CHARGER PUNK

looks 2 be as it has 68 quarter panels as well, i think they added the 68 front end to make it look like a beater-MATT

squeakfinder

Tan interior and "69?" steering wheel. Was the movie made by Warner Bros? What year was the movie made?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

bull

'92, don't know which studio but I don't think it was WB.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0104291/

THE CHARGER PUNK

69 steering wheel? wasnt the sport wheel all the same for 68-70 b-body models??? anyone???

Mike DC

The woodgrain steering wheel was about the same on '68s and '69s.  I'm not sure if there might have been some little nitpicky difference in the woodgrain pattern or something, but they basically look the same.

The "Forever Young" car was a former GL.  They used to switch parts from Charger-to-Charger so often on DOH . . . no telling what parts you might be looking at.
They did NOT switch dashpads though, so the dashpad the giveaway about whether a car is really a 1968 or '69.

THE CHARGER PUNK

more pics of exterior and interior(which the interior is definitely gen lee as its all painted tan everything as the GL's were)

squeakfinder

Thats why I put ? after 69. When I talked to Wayne Wooten a couple of years ago he said there was another General that had surfaced since he acquired all those cars.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Jpentz70

gnrl01    I saw you post on the dodge charger page and i was wondering about a car you talked about.  The car was on the movie forever young i know you said you would not give out names or anything but i would like to know a few things being as i am doing a documentary on the car.  First thank you for your time second did the current owner return it to a General lee?  Did the current owner buy it from warner brothers? Lastly does the owner still Have the car?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.