News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a stupid question from new guy

Started by Tufcharger1, October 22, 2006, 08:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tufcharger1

Im thinking about putting a Daytona wing on my 69 regular Charger,(not a Daytona), No window plug., only the wing    Do I need to modify trunk lid or hinges to clear wing??? Thanks" guys!

THE CHARGER PUNK

no, a few people here have a daytona wing on their stock 68 or 69 charger, just find the spot where it goes and bolt it up, places for wings are
www.dayclona.com, or www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com,or http://stingerfiberglass.com/ or a few other sell thme as well :icon_smile_big:-MATT

BigBlockSam

i  like those wings on any 2nd gen charger
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Howie

You wont be able to fully open the trunk without tagging the wing. When you modify the trunk lid you are taking out at least 6".

nakita7

Quote from: Howie on October 22, 2006, 09:29:28 PM
You wont be able to fully open the trunk without tagging the wing. When you modify the trunk lid you are taking out at least 6".

That's what I thought, that's why the trunks were modified. The problem was cleared up on the Superbirds with a more sloped back wing.

thallium

My wing fits on there without touching the trunk lid. I have about in inch clearance before it will touch the trunk lid.  You can fully open the trunk without any problems

hotrod98

When I put my superbird wing on my satellite, I was surprised at how well the trunk lid cleared the wing. I guess the extra hinge stop was to make it stop before it got close to the wing since it's a little tough getting your hand between the lid and the wing.
I wasn't aware that the trunk lid would clear the daytona wing on a charger.  Actually, the smaller trunk lid on the daytona was due to the length of the back window plug.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

A383Wing

I have wing mounted correctly on our clone...it still has the stock trunk lid....it opens fully...misses about an inch or so...

Bryan  :drive:

pettyfan43

When mounted where they are supposed to be, the trunklid clears the wing on a Charger by about an Inch, if you mount the Superbird wing on the Plymouth where it should be, the trunklid will hit the wing, That is why they put the little square piece on the trunk hinge.

Aero426

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 23, 2006, 04:11:36 PM
When I put my superbird wing on my satellite, I was surprised at how well the trunk lid cleared the wing. I guess the extra hinge stop was to make it stop before it got close to the wing since it's a little tough getting your hand between the lid and the wing.

You are correct.