News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ONE DAY LEFT!!!!!!Texaco Online Car Show Just 6T9 CHGR's car is in it. VOTE VOTE

Started by 472 R/T SE, September 06, 2008, 05:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

To vote you have to register w/ Texaco.  I used a separate email addy just for this online show last year and didn't get any junk, spam email.

http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com/CarDetails.aspx?CarDetailID=146&Preview=False&Decade=1960

71ChallengeHer has her Chally in the '70's decade also.  Mopars are doing pretty good in that decade.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hey Mike thanks!  Would be cool to see some Mopars clean house.....especially in the 60's ;)

Gave a ten to Jackie as well :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Time to register... Lookin' good Chris and thanks Mike........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

71ChallengeHer

Thanks for posting this. :cheers:  Chris, Shelby and I voted for your car 4 times, 10 pts each. We have 4 e-mail accounts between us. ;) Shelby's Daytona is in the 90's decade. Vote for her's too. http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com/CarDetails.aspx?CarDetailID=193&Preview=False&Decade=1990  Shelby's car. Here's mine  http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com/CarDetails.aspx?CarDetailID=15&Preview=False&Decade=1970  Thanks  :2thumbs: :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

I hate registering for things, but I voted for all 3 cars. Good luck.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 06, 2008, 09:26:22 PM
Thanks for posting this. :cheers:  Chris, Shelby and I voted for your car 4 times, 10 pts each. We have 4 e-mail accounts between us. ;) Shelby's Daytona is in the 90's decade. Vote for her's too. http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com/CarDetails.aspx?CarDetailID=193&Preview=False&Decade=1990  Shelby's car. Here's mine  http://www.texacocarofthedecades.com/CarDetails.aspx?CarDetailID=15&Preview=False&Decade=1970  Thanks  :2thumbs: :cheers:

Looks like Shelby is competing against someone w/ a gmail account (200 email addys).  Last year the Studebaker bunch did that and had 80% of their votes taken away after Texaco got wind of it.  A nice Stude pick up didn't do so well in the judged portion for that reason IMO.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 08, 2008, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 06, 2008, 09:26:22 PM

Looks like Shelby is competing against someone w/ a gmail account (200 email addys).  Last year the Studebaker bunch did that and had 80% of their votes taken away after Texaco got wind of it.  A nice Stude pick up didn't do so well in the judged portion for that reason IMO.

Jackie, the Charger in your class is a local couple.  Years ago I seen them leaving a show in another rig after dropping off the Charger. 
I noticed that. A lot of votes. The 70 Charger is a beautiful car.  :2thumbs: But I'm glad you won last year. I love Plum Crazy.   :cheers: 

Just 6T9 CHGR

It seems like there is a lot of "shilling" going on in some of the decades...especially in the 90's :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 08, 2008, 03:41:40 PM
It seems like there is a lot of "shilling" going on in some of the decades...especially in the 90's :rotz:

Which is exactly why contests like this don't mean anything. I never understood why people get excited winning (or even entering) things like this.  :shruggy:

Winning in Carlisle or The Nats is impressive in my book. This internet contest stuff is just fluffed BS.  :Twocents:

No offense to anyone who entered the contest. You all know by now you have awesome and incredible cars.  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

One reason----wait for it........

FREE STUFF!!!![/size]

:nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

472 R/T SE

If the contest is any thing like last year, Texaco lets participants do all the shilling they want for a few days and then they'll check all the ISP #'s and knock down the votes.  Also the totals will be replaced w/ averages.

IMO they keep it real which is the only reason I recommended it to Chris and others.   It's not like I'm pimping these all the time.  :P   

Just trying to help Chris out, no sense in being possessive.  ;)  :nana:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 08, 2008, 03:56:27 PM

FREE STUFF!!!![/size]

I agree. :nana: Shelby entered to win the gas card. With her being back in college, she can't work as many hours. I entered to try to win the gas card, too. Heck, I'm a single Mom working 2 jobs tring to get Shelby thru college. So that's as honest as it gets.  :D   And Shelby and I love our Carlisle plaques.  ;)

resq302

Actually, not to burst anyones bubble, but I have heard, at least the last time I was out at Carlisle, it was chosen by participant voting.  This means if you have a bunch of friends from your club vote for one person, they can pretty much win.  Just like going to E-town.  If you persuade people to vote for your car in your car club, the majority of the vote wins.  Now I am not saying that this happens every single time but if someone wants to win bad enough for whatever reason, there are loop holes.  I am sure this can happen also in point judging if someone knows someone too.

But I hope everyone from the board here who is competing does well!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

You guys and gals need to register and vote. Chris' Charger is in 5th place. We can't let some Fords and Chebbies beat the Mopars. VOTE,  PLEASE :icon_smile_big: thank you

71ChallengeHer

Just 6T9 CHGR

How the H-E- double hockey sticks did that happen! :eek:

Looks like they did some reorganizing....the Starliner had almost 1100 votes & now he's down to 900....I had a little over 700 and now Im up to over 1000.. ???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ok guys & girls....4 days left!

Jackie, Shelby & I could use some more help!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 08, 2008, 06:03:08 PM

FREE STUFF!!!![/size]

I agree. :nana: Shelby entered to win the gas card. With her being back in college, she can't work as many hours. I entered to try to win the gas card, too. Heck, I'm a single Mom working 2 jobs tring to get Shelby thru college. So that's as honest as it gets.  :D   And Shelby and I love our Carlisle plaques.  ;)
You're a good Mom!  Good for you, and Shelby  :angel:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 29, 2008, 05:30:41 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 08, 2008, 06:03:08 PM

FREE STUFF!!!![/size]

You're a good Mom!  Good for you, and Shelby  :angel:
Thank you very much.  :cheers: