News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update sunroof Superbird project

Started by sunroofsuperbird, October 24, 2006, 08:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunroofsuperbird

heres the newest pics of my superbird project. I haven't done much lately I made me a axle to go under front so i could move it out of garage. looks like a superbird gasser if you ever wondered what one would look like? . I stated this new thread for future pics. if you want to see all my old progress before this I think most of the pics are in painted my superbird this weekend thread. Thanks and enjoy
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

THE CHARGER PUNK

SWEET ;D, so sunroof i have a few questions for you :icon_smile_big:

1#are you going to do the nose blackouts?
2#what rim and tire combos u going with?
3#What engine and tranny going is going into ur wicked car?
4#Is the interior going to be stock, or modified like custom seats,steering wheel,roll bar,dash etc.
and lastly, yes i know a lot of questions :yesnod: but how long u do expect to have ur car done ;D?

thnx a bunch-MATT

sunroofsuperbird

yes I will be blacking the nose out. [too much green without] as for tires and wheels I have a set of 9 1/2 widened 15" ralleys was my plans but after I put the 18" torque thrust on my GTO conv I may go that route here also. the interior I have all new legendary white orig insides. I have a 70 440 and Hemi 4sp almost ready to go in. I would like to run a sixpak setup but with AC I am not sure how much trouble that will be. I am hoping to drive it to carlisle next year? if I can sell enough stuff to keep up the project. sold my drag car this weekend so that will get alot of my big stuff out of the way.  I do need a part I am not having much luck with if anyone has one for sale or trade. it is the hard plastic dash lower cover on right of steering wheel that goes up and around the AC vents.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

THE CHARGER PUNK

for 70's it is kinda hard to get the dash pieces as they were hard plastic and not vinyl liek 68-89 -MATT

BigBlockSam

looks great, keep the pics coming . i like watching your progress. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

the shape of the lower nose looks funny,.. what's that about?.. didn't notice it in the earlier pics..

Charger_Fan

Looks cool, I'm diggin' that temporary front axle. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

thats the longest gasser i've ever seen. it looks good .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

sunroofsuperbird

Had A guy at work put my seat covers and foam on and got them back today.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

sunroofsuperbird

I Have never put a pic of what I started with on yet. it was a pertty nice car to start with. but worthless!! I traded for it and didn't give it much thought about making a superbird when I got it. I was just going to turn around and sell it. it has alot of paperwork with it that made it odd the orig owner kept everything for it and always had it serviced at A Chrysler dealer and he had all the papers window sticker every inspection sticker paper from new. has the Little signs that were taped on dash when it came in saying it was sold already. he special ordered it ? don't know why it was nothing special. 318 auto 70 sport satelite. I thought it may would sell because of the paperwork but I tried for a while then I got the idea to clone me a superbird out of it and the rest is history. anyway heres what it looked like before I tore it all apart.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

sunroofsuperbird

I put my Trail duster stripes on today
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

THE CHARGER PUNK

GREAT PROGRESS SUNROOF that stripe is deadly :yesnod:,man if i ever make a superbird in my life i am going to make that car except no sun roof,black interior,rhd w/auto and plum crazy with torue thrust d rims and side pipes, again its all spec and dreams :icon_smile_big:-MATT

daytonalo

How did you bond the nose to the fenders , and if the nose is glass , how do you plan to keep it from cracking ?

sunroofsuperbird

I made all my parts myself out of steel. I made my nose to bolt on like orig then decided to mold it in. So I just welded it to the fenders so it should not crack for a while. if you look at my other post [painted my superbird this weekend] you can see my before pics.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

man that stripe is cool , i would have never thought of that .  :2thumbs:

1968 Charger B5

I like the hood, I love when people put those 70 coronet/bee hoods on the birds
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

sunroofsuperbird

Well Got a little more done. Finally got my rollback probelms fixed. Bought a new one. [well new to me] Pic. I got my heater AC box in and my dash striped and painted ready to start putting it together so I can get it in and get my windshield in. Maybe I can get back on it now.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

hotrod98

Marty, I bet you're anxious to drive your bird. I started on mine last week and I already wish that it was finished. I've decided not to cut up my R/T hood. I'm going to use the flat hood instead. Those R/T hoods are so valuable and rare that I can't bring myself to cut on it. I'll hold on to it for a while in case I change my mind later on and decide to use it. I'll save some of the color so that it will match just in case. I noticed that you're using the original a/c system. I think I'll use an aftermarket system that's specifically for R134A. Classic Air has a system that also has the defrost vents. I'll weld up the firewall factory a/c holes and remove the factory controls. Mine are in pretty bad shape anyway.
Looking forward to seeing more pics of your car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on October 26, 2006, 08:06:41 PM
Had A guy at work put my seat covers and foam on and got them back today.
waaaiiiid a miniute... I guess I haven't been keeping-up w/ '70s???   You can get Seat Foams for High-Back Buckets????  Last I heard, nobody was making them???

THE CHARGER PUNK

Legendary was in the works the last i heard on those 70 seat foams, guess they finished it :yesnod:

hotrod98

Last time I checked, the '70 Plymouth versions were available, but the Dodge versions weren't. Maybe that has changed.

Charles Addams

sunroofsuperbird

Yes I had those seat foams a few years now. they came from year one? Heres my dash panels finished ready to go in. New woodgrain and white face gauges.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

hotrod98

Charles Addams

sunroofsuperbird

Car is buffed now and ready to start putting together. I got my dash assembled today ready to go in. I also lucked up today at the local scrap yard. I went to get a AM-FM radio for a challenger I saw and a 69 B Body woodgrain steering wheel. and while I was there I went over to look at a 48 ford truck for a guy at work to see if there was anything he needed on it and when I looked inside someone had put a AM 8 Track out of a 69 70 B body in it? ? Just goes to show you should always look at everything closely. this truck had been there a few weeks now and I had never looked at it. and they crush all the cars every 3 to 4 weeks so it would not have been around very much longer. anyway I got both radios the woodgrain steering wheel with center and 7 Z28 emblems all for $15.00 not bad. I have been looking everywhere for that AM 8 track and could not find one I could afford [Ebay Big $] now I got one and its in my dash ready to go in.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes