News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how do I quote ?

Started by 41husk, October 30, 2006, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

every time I try to quote part of a post, the entire thing shows up.  I see other people quote partial post. I can highlite just what I want then I post and the entire thing shows up.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Quote from: 41husk on October 30, 2006, 12:59:55 PM
Every time I try to quote part of a post, only the part I want shows up.  I see other people can quote a partial post. I can highlite (Just delete what you don't want)  just what I want, then I post, and the entire thing shows up. I must be doing something wrong.  :shruggy:

This worked for me, just delete the parts you don't want, or change them to suit your needs. Kind of like the way the media does.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 30, 2006, 03:49:52 PM

This worked for me, just delete the parts you don't want, or change them to suit your needs. Kind of like the way the America-hating commie liberal media does.  :D

:yesnod:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on October 30, 2006, 03:58:59 PM
Quote from:  color=Red]Detroit Mojo[/color]  link=topic=20148.msg219342#msg219342 date=1162241392]

This works for me, I just change him to suit my needs. Kind of like the way the he thinks he's the original Mojo.  :D

:yesnod:

Hey Mojo, I remember that guy, he really liked you.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Troy

You can't quote part of a post by highlighting it - you have to quote the entire thing. This will put the text into the box you type in and then it's just like something you typed. Delete the parts you don't want to show up in your message. Make sure you start typing your reply *after* the ending [/quote ] tag though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BBKNARF

You can't quote part of a post by highlighting it - you have to quote the entire thing. This will put the text into the box you type in and then it's just like something you typed. Delete the parts you don't want to show up in your message. Make sure you start typing your reply *after* the ending [/quote ] tag though.

Troy

testing
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.