News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Someone post a pic of their leaf springs for 68-70 Charger RT,how they mount???

Started by Blakcharger440, August 28, 2005, 10:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

Could someone post a pic of their stock rear leaf spring hangers on a 68-70 Charger RT as installed on their car??

Are they supposed to come down exactly straight or do they angle a little toward the front or back???

Could someone also post a pic of how the front spring mount is bolted in also for the same car.

Charger Aficionado

I temporarily mounted my Dana 60 on with the front bolt-in braces on the wrong sides...  I did this because the previous owner welded the Nut in place, and this way I could wrench the bolt (gave me room to get it).  I wonder if they are angled a certain direction if the rear leafs were at some sort of diagnal angle (looking directly up from bottom)???  If so I may wear out the bushing on the front of the new springs?  I should just put it back to how it was... It's not torqued down yet so I'm set.

TurquoiseRT

These are the best I have fromwhen I changed my springs last year.

THey angle towards the front a bit.

Hope this helps

TurquoiseRT

This is the front springer hanger.

BTW this is a 69 Charger R/T

Jeff

Blakcharger440

Thanks Turquoise RT!!!
I figured I had them mounted right! I was afraid that I messed up in mounting them somehow and would have to yank em down again. It is now ready for the Dana to get back from the shop so that I can install it.

Thanks again...oh and by the pic that you took it looks like you have a 3 inch exhaust system? What kind did you go with?

TurquoiseRT

Nope 2 1/2"

Cheap crap that the place the redid my engine say they put on. Notice the overspray??? they said they changed the pipes, considering it was painted years before,   I dont think they changed them.

Blakcharger440