News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

final race at the end of fast and the furious 1 (charger v.s. supra)

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, November 13, 2006, 06:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

the charger in Herbie Fully Loaded is the same one from FNF, they repainted the car to what I heard for in Herbie Fully Loaded. Yes I think it was Volo that had bought it when they was starting the movie because if I remember right someone said when they got done it went back. I think it is also on the DVD that they mention it about they didn't have much time with the car. 

Drache

Ok, the hting that had me stumped was the fact that the Charger in Herbie looked a faded green with decals, yet the F&F car when it was in the Herbie movie still had the original black. I just noticed a comment from someone called volobrian stating you can see where the hood was welded shut where the blower hole was.

On a side note, the '68 Cuda in the crash to pass car is supposed to be a Hemi car. Not sure if it was or not.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

From what I can figure out the movie company must have purchase the F&F car from volo since it's been sold. I don't think that volo would have allowed the car to be painted and the hole welded shut if they were only loaning the car out. I wonder if the movie company paid the full $50,000 for it? I noticed that Volo now owns the Herby car so maybe they made a deal.

On a side note you can now purchase the '70 Hemi Challenger from 2F2F for $89,000!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

MoparManJim

Quote from: terrible one on November 15, 2006, 06:32:17 PM
Does anyone have a shot of the Charger in the Herbie movie?

I did a google search for it but came up empty handed though. I also ask over on the other board about the screen cap with the charger. 

Rolling_Thunder

guys keep in mind you can build a Charger that will pull the wheels for what ?  under $50,000 ???     That Supra had over $115,000 into it...     and it still only ran 12's
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

pettyfan43

Quote from: myk on November 15, 2006, 03:16:16 AM
Quote from: SRT-440 on November 14, 2006, 07:25:31 AM
Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on November 13, 2006, 06:14:08 PM
this movie really made some kids appreciate the dodge charger with its power,although, there is no way in high hell that a supra could hold its own to a blown 70 hemi charger(yes i know it wasnt a blown car or even a hemi)-MATT

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv1id9bg1TI&mode=user&search=

Actually, there a plenty of highly modded street supras that run 10's and even 9's in the quarter..go to streetfire.com and search "supra" and there is one running low 10's on street tires.

The 'Supra in the movie is also an actual tuner-modified car, owned by one of the crew that is capable of very respectable numbers: 

544 Horsepower @ 6,800 rpms
Maximum engine speed: 7,770 rpms
0-60 in 4.3 seconds
0-100 in 9.2 seconds
1 mile in 12.2 seconds at 115 mph
Top speed: 185 mph
Skidpad: 0.98 g's
Slalom time: 65 mph
Curb weight: 3,601 lbs

The 'Supra, modified or otherwise is a great car.  The Supra in the movie is a beast in its own right: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/supra_fastandfurious.asp

It's still a yoyota and it still sucks! It's an ugly doorstop and will NEVER have the looks and style of ANY Dodge Charger!

Sorry but I HATE tooners and I REALLY hate yoytas! they think they own the freaking world, I got two words for em - SCREW TOYOTA!