News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Project '69 V21 Hood Treatment *PAINTED*!! SUCCESS!!!

Started by bill440rt, November 09, 2006, 03:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Chris, you are right, that would look good on your car :yesnod:.  Same call out colors?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Brock Samson

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 20, 2006, 01:08:13 AM
oh so your goin with a '70 hood then?.. :-\

Yes as well as 70 fenders & that gawd awful front bumper  :no: :moon:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Chris,

You are going to disassemble your entire front clip just to have that hood stripe treatment?  Wow.  Better man than me.  If I had such a perfect car like yours, I would never take the chance of tearing into it like that.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on November 20, 2006, 05:31:00 PM
Chris,

You are going to disassemble your entire front clip just to have that hood stripe treatment? Wow. Better man than me. If I had such a perfect car like yours, I would never take the chance of tearing into it like that.

Wow Brian, you're really dropping off the deep end......step back slowly from the computer :)

Where is Troy's sarcasm detector when you need it?  Sheesh bro, you think I would stoop down to a '70 from the holy grail of Chargers...... the 1969?

You must be mad!  :ahum:  ;) ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

VZcharger

Hey Chris how do you think that would look on my hood. With the awful bumper and grille? :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I think it would look great Vinny ;)

I knew I had to ruffle at least one feather with my comment.....didn't expect it to be you though Vin :D
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

I don't know what's worse, Pontiac Boy (aka 6T9) trying to justify his GTO, or the fact that Brian thought Chris was gonna take his car apart? Man, '69 owners...truly the blonde's of the car game.  :rotz: :yesnod:

ps- What is the color of the '69 in this thread going to be? Sublime? I rest my case.  :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris...is it penis envy.....eerrr.....  Charger year envy.   Feeling a bit inadequate again are we?  Don't hate us because we're beautiful :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Chris G,

Tell me that you have never done something totally off the wall before.  I, for one, have tried something like that.  I took a 85 Jeep CJ 7 and removed the body and put a custom fiberglass body kit on it called a Hum J-7.  Basically it looked like a Hummer from the front and sides with a one piece tilt nose like a Hummer would.  It was an experience I will say and I learned a lot of things from doing that build.  Mostly I would NEVER DO  IT AGAIN.  Lots of trial and errors since the original Jeep doors, windshield frame, and roof were reused.  It looked great when it was done but WTF was I thinking.  I will have to try and dig in my attic to find some pics of it.  So, if I have done something as extreme as doing something like that, I am sure that others have done stuff the like. 
Brian

bill440rt

:ahum: :image_294343:   :D

C'mon ladies. Don't let this post turn into a bickering match.  :smash:

I have a great idea to solve all your dilemnas. Just buy one of EACH YEAR!!! You'll learn to love all of them the same, like your children or pets.

Psst, 6T9... Your hood will look outstanding with this V21. No need to take half your car apart or turn it into a '70, either. We know you'd hate that.

Psst, Chris G.... Yup. The car is gonna be Sublime!!!  :D :punkrocka:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

AAhhhh.... to have the money and space to have one of each year.   :scratchchin: That would solve the urge to have one of every extreme.  Stock, mild, and full blown WILD :METAL:  Ok, back to reality now.
Brian

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722