News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 rear window

Started by histoy, November 20, 2006, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

Are the rear windows for a '68 identical to the '69 Chargers?

toqwik

histoy

Thanks.   I saw 4 brand new rear windows advertised for a '69 on eBay, and I thought they would fit a '68, but wasn't sure.

69charger2002

i too saw them. i'd like to see how or why one guy got a hold of 4 legit NOS charger back glasses first of all. and why he is selling them all at once
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on November 21, 2006, 09:35:42 AM
i too saw them. i'd like to see how or why one guy got a hold of 4 legit NOS charger back glasses first of all. and why he is selling them all at once

He has 4 available at $550 each  :o
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

bill440rt

I think PS Auto Glass had an ad in Hemmings for a complete set of Charger glass for only $899. Obviously, this is aftermarket stuff. If date codes & original markings are your thing expect to pay more.

There are companies that sell new glass with the original markings on them. You just have to talk to them & let them know what type of glass you have (PPG, etc), & what date code you want. I did this with my '70, the glass came from OEM Glass.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ryan

I spoke with PPG a week ago and they had all the glass for the car with correct marking ect.... But it was very expencive. About 2K to do the car.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA