News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are you being encouraged to sell your Charger?

Started by JimShine, August 29, 2005, 11:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

Over the past 3 weeks or so I have had lots of people, mainly family members, trying to convince me to sell my Chargers. It has been really annoying. People just don't understand not everything is about money and cashing in. I wondered if anyone else has been dealing with this.

MyMopar

694spdRT

I was just pulling in to my first show with the Charger and the gate attendent asked where is the for sale sign. I would like to enjoy it for a little while if possible.  :rotz:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

andy74

my wife and i had this conversation about 2 weeks ago,i dont plan on selling my charger but wondered aloud if i did,what would i buy?she pipes up with,nothing,you wont sell it,you like it more than me!,hate to admit when shes right!!!!!!!!still going on senority,and she is 3rd,behind the charger and the dog(just kidding,sort of)

dd44068

Andy 74 how did you get a hold on my wife. Just kidding I get the same responcejust talking about it..lol, but not to many  has asked me to0 sell yet and when they dio I give them a absurde amount.

Khyron

It would have to be some stupid ammount for me to even bat a lash before I said "Not for sale"

The wife knows that the car isn't going anywhere, so as stated above. I have to say no to Compleate strangers several times in the last few weeks. But I will admit. when I was offered $18,000 on the spot. I hesitated just a bit....

a very short bit.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

Please... I get harrassed on a daily basis by my Dad to sell mine... it would have STOOOPID MONEY for me to part with it. But like I always say... there is a lit for every pot, so you never know...

kikgas01

41husk

What is stupid money?  I used to say if somone offered me 20K it would be a tough decision.  I found myself making the same statement this weekend when my Buddy was offered 20K for his 73 Cuda survivor, only I said "if somone offered me 25K :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Khyron

I view "stupid money" more the 3 times whats invested. At least for me thats what it means.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

41husk

well 25k for mine is getting real close to stupid money :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

tick68charger

I had family members try and talk me into getting rid of my charger when i was building her. But when they saw the end result they quickly changed there mind.

Mefirst

If the price is right my ride is for sale..

/Tom

Dale The Bold

My parents and all but one of my siblings have been kept in the dark for four years that I own a Charger.  And that's why.  I don't want people nagging me to sell my dream.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

JimShine

Quote from: kikgas01 on August 29, 2005, 01:20:45 PM
Jim ChargerS???? How many do you have???
2. A 1968 and a 1969.

I honestly don't know what it would take to pry my '69 away from me. I saw the car as a kid and wanted it and somehow we were reunited unknowingly after almost 20 years and hundreds of miles. The car trascends monitary value to me at this point.

The '68 is different since I haven't had it on the road yet as I opted to have all of the body work done before placing it on the road even for a test drive. I guess I could sell that one with little to no regret, but for the money I have into it, I would rather build it up and have fun as I couldn't buy much of a car for the same money.

NYCMille

Well... I've already been offered upwards of 50k multiple times for my car and I've passed. Khryon is pretty much dead on about the 3x rule.

Khyron

Quote from: NYCMille on August 29, 2005, 04:02:02 PM
Well... I've already been offered upwards of 50k multiple times for my car and I've passed. Khryon is pretty much dead on about the 3x rule.

50k?  :o

damn I have to come up and see that car :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

volk68

Mopar440+6

Honestly Im seriously considering selling both of my Chargers and go looking for one that is a lil closer to what I really want and a lil more complete. The deeper I get into this restoration the more I find that isnt correct, needs to be replaced, or just plain aint what I want. For example I pulled the rear suspension the other day and find out that the rear crossmember is worn and cracked all to h*** and today I found out that the engine is decidedly not the numbers motor. But on the other hand since the car isnt even close to being correct I can build it any way I see fit. Any of that make sense to anyone else?
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Charger4404spd

Paul G

No, never. My wife suggests I keep it for a while since prices are still going up. I would like to get a small block B-Body and swap in a crate Hemi. But for now I wont part with the Charger.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

JimShine

Mopar440+6, I understand your feelings. I am at a point where I like the freedom to do what I want. I also can fully understand wanting 100% correct too, but at this stage of the game and for what I earn, I am better off having options to do what I want without worry. Both of my cars are #'s matching, but both are 318 cars that have not been stock for most of their lives. I can upgrade to big blocks and change colors if I choose to without worry. That is very comforting.

hotrod98

About 7 years ago, I was offered $3600 for a my rough unrestored 70 Barracuda convertible.
I thought the guy was nuts and quickly seperated him from his money. If I had kept it, I'm almost sure that it would be worth a little more now. :icon_smile_big:
Stupid money now, won't touch one in a few years from now. This muscle car craze will never end in our lifetime. I highly advise anyone not to sell unless you have another car lined up first.
When you sell your car, you inevitably spend the money on something and then you don't have the money or the car.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Silver R/T

ya my uncle was giving me bull about how its something that "old bad people drive" etc and its gas hog etc. I just ignore his opinion about Charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

DarkAngel0816

A couple of my female coworkers  have been on my case on how I am stupid for owning one of those "stupid old cars" and how I need to sell it and grow up.  Whatever.  The fun I have been having lately with my Charger is priceless...AND My family loooooooooves the car.  Has told me if I got rid of it they would kick my ass...esp my Mom.  lol  She is into it as much as I am.

I did have a guy hunt me down (he saw my car at the shop it is at now for an oil pan) and I did have to break his heart.  He said he has been looking for one forever just like the one I have and was praying it was for sale.  I told him I had owned it for two months and he said "I guess it is not for sale."

I am nice though...I told him I would keep his number and call him if I find one.  Will not sell my Charger...I should have it back in a day or two...cannot wait!
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone