News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger tech questions

Started by toqwik, August 29, 2005, 12:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toqwik

Noticed tonite I have different marker lites in my 68 charger. I am new to the Mopar scene and need some help. questions are as follows:

1 I have scattered flat/beveled side marker lights, which goes where, or do some not belong?

2 what bulbs are used for side marker lights?

3 My grill is missing the emblem after the charger (69) is the arrow emblem and the r/t emblem using the same holes?

4 The windshield chrome that runs the bottom of the windshield, how does it attach? seems a little firmer than clips for the other parts.

5 the factory caulk above the side windows, between the chrome trim and the roof, needs dug out and replaced, it is cracked, what do I use?

Thanks for all your help.....
Scott

Drop Top

1) Side marker lights on all 68s where round and only round. If you have any other type then they are the wrong ones.
2)Very small. I will need to look it up and get back to you.
3)Yes, the holes should be in the same place. They might use differant ones. But they should be right next to the other ones if not. Sorry its been a while since I did a 68.
4)It uses a deferant type of clip then the others.
5)The factory used a product called "Drip Check". 3M makes it and it is still available from them. Or you should be able to pick it up at your local Paint suplie store. Year- One used to carry it in there catalog also.

JimShine

1968 driver side headlight doors are different than 1969, but they do have the pilots for the emblem holes in the rear for the 1969 style. The 1968 emblems, both Charger and the arrow, are larger than the 1969 style.

toqwik

Ok, let me clarify, my marker lights are all round, but the face of them, 2 are a flat surface, and 2 are beveled, to follow the body lines.  My question is should the be like that, 2 and 2, and if so, which ones go where. some have red lenses, some yellow, and none of em match.

Drop Top

Yellow in front. Red in back. The red ones should have a more of a bevel to match the body lines while the front ones should be flatter to fit the curve of the fender better. I think this will answer your question.

Thanks for the more detailed information Jim. Its hard to remember everything when your as old as me. :)

toqwik

Ok, that clears that up.  I know red in back, yellow up front, but bezels and lenses were all mismatched.  Now I just need to know what bulbs to use.  Thanks

JimShine

Quote from: Drop Top on August 29, 2005, 07:17:00 PM
Yellow in front. Red in back. The red ones should have a more of a bevel to match the body lines while the front ones should be flatter to fit the curve of the fender better. I think this will answer your question.

Thanks for the more detailed information Jim. Its hard to remember everything when your as old as me. :)

Its cool. Man, I wouldn't even remember the differences if I didn't have both. While tons of stuff is easily interchangeable, much is not quite the same. It really makes things difficult.

smasherofall

toqwik