News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Dash Resto Using Bare Metal Foil

Started by dkn1997, November 24, 2006, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

Thanks for the advice. I will try to have patience. I already cleaned the Bezel with an all purpose cleaner. I think I will get some mineral spirits as well to use. So you think it should be semi-flat or satin? Seems like more people, on this thread at least, say satin. I'm sure the results are similar.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Manfred318

I used a semi-flat and I think mine came out alright. You could use either one you prefer.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

jdiesel33

Manfred, are you still satisfied with the result of the silver paint marker? I havent decided which route I am going to take for the chrome stuff yet. Yours looks good in the pic. How much does it resemble chrome in person?
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

Manfred318

I am still satisfied. The paint marker works very well and looks great but it doesnt have the pizazz shinyness of the original chrome. Personally I think it looks fine. I have a few pics that I took just a bit ago Ill post up here in a minute.

Current MoPars:

jdiesel33

Yeah, I would say that looks damn good. I may end up going with that. The Bare Metal Foil seems intimidating based on how tedious everyone is saying it is.

I didnt know they made 68's with the shifter on the wheel. Was that common?
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

GT

Hey - that is awesome looking!  Nice work - unbelieveable difference!  :2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

squeakfinder

Quote from: jdiesel33 on June 17, 2008, 10:35:39 PM
Yeah, I would say that looks damn good. I may end up going with that. The Bare Metal Foil seems intimidating based on how tedious everyone is saying it is.

Oh yeah, its common. However I think allot of us have converted to floor shift with a console. Maybee your thinking of the 66/67 Charger.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

UFO

Oh yeah, its common. However I think allot of us have converted to floor shift with a console. Maybee your thinking of the 66/67 Charger. They were floor shift only.

In '66 you could get a 3 on the tree,the automatics were console shift.
    In '67 you could get a 3 on the tree,the automatics were either column or console shift.
The source for this is from the sales brochure's.

Musicman

Quote from: squeakfinder on June 19, 2008, 08:58:04 PM

Maybe your thinking of the 66/67 Charger. They were floor shift only.

:scratchchin: Nope... 66-67 had tree shifters as well, but they were the exception and not the norm  :cheers:

Manfred318

Quote from: squeakfinder on June 19, 2008, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: jdiesel33 on June 17, 2008, 10:35:39 PM

Oh yeah, its common.
:iagree: heres some reading for ya thanks to Barry at the Hamtramck Historical site

Current MoPars: