News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 automatic console

Started by histoy, November 26, 2006, 08:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

There is an open hole around the shifter in the top of my automatic console, and I can see straight down to the carpet.   This doesn't look right to me, because I know there was a boot around my manual shifter in my '68 GTX console.  What is suppose to be around my shifter, and does anyone know where I can get the part I'm missing?

Ghoste

Is this the entire square hole that the shifter sticks through and has the gear indicator on it or is this just the slotted portion where the lever comes through and slides back and forth?

histoy

Just the slot where the shifter handle comes through the console.  I was just on eBay and I noticed some console parts for sale.   It looks like I should have a long, black rectangular piece that has a hole for the shifter handle.  Do you agree?

Ghoste

Yes.  Somebody was repopping them not that long ago but they may no longer be.  Check Year One or the Paddock and see if they still list them.  I know they did at one time.

histoy

I checked the YO, Paddock, and Layson's catalogs, but no luck.  I'll try listing it under the parts wanted section on this site...Brian

B5 Charger

Call Performance Car Graphics.  They sell them for $7.00.  See their description below.  www.performancecargraphics.com

SHIFTER FILLER FOR AUTOMATIC CONSOLE:  This is the thin black plastic sliding filler that fits around the automatic shifter handle, & moves with it. Replacement is slightly thinner than the original, but will not become scratched from sliding. That's because protective tape is included to wrap around the sharp edges of the metal housing. Appearance & durability is equal to the original. (For these automatic consoles: 1966-70 B-body; 1966-71 C-Body; All A-body)........................7.00

histoy

Thanks for directing me to this site.  I'll order one tomorrow...Brian

B5 Charger

No problem.  Glad I could help!   ;D