News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds440

I figured that it would be best to start one thread on Photoshopped images as opposed to having several different ones floating around.

Here is the latest request.  I love this car. :yesnod:  Let me know if I left anything out.

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Another.

From the other Daytona I did.
-Removed tunnel ram - added hood scoop
-Torque Thrust-D on front only with Polyglas f70-14
-Scat Pack sticker on upper rear wing
-No rear wheel trim
-I couldn't make a wheel flare look correct so I left it off.

ds440

Last one, Punk.  The last one.....

Factory drag look-a-like.
-No emblems
-Primer grey
-Black steelies
-Black fenders, hood, etc
-Grey nose cone
-Hood scoop

{Edit: Remove grey nose cone - make black}

Brock Samson

ds440

A couple more.  These weren't requested per se ( ;) ), but I have never seen either combination, so I thought I'd give it a quick try.  They're pretty unique. :yesnod:

1) Black, white top, white interior
2) MM1 Bronze metallic, white top, white interior.  Matching the bronze (or ANY metallic) in photoshop is a challenge.  In some pictures, MM1 looks more red, in others it looks more brown, etc.  So I tried to get somewhere in between....  :-\

MM1R/T

Nice. Could you do the MM1 car without the white roof?

Mean 318

Could someone do on of my car with a set of black steel wheels on the back and a set of Hoosiers. Also would you be able to do on of my car with the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 440 stripe? Use either one of these pics that worls best.

472 R/T SE

ds440, you're a talented SOB man.    THANKS, I really appreciate it, I know what it would look like now.

TruckDriver

Being I'm not that talanted when doing complete color change yet on cars, can someone do my car in Petty Blue, Plum Crazy, and Sublime? They're the 3 colors I debating. I already attempted Petty Blue, but it wasn't complete and didn't look that great. If you feel like adding a bulge hood, I'd like that too. I'm not asking for much :D

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ds440

Quote from: MM1R/T on November 27, 2006, 09:11:28 PM
Nice. Could you do the MM1 car without the white roof?

Yup.  Again, that color (metallics in general) are tricky in photoshop.  I did my best to fake it. :-\

ds440

Here you go, Mean318.   I put the stripe on and assumed you wanted to keep the blue color and not the Citron Yella that the DMCL Charger was.  I also straightened out the rear view mirror. ;D

ds440

Quote from: Da' ChargerGuy on November 28, 2006, 07:17:23 AM
Being I'm not that talanted when doing complete color change yet on cars, can someone do my car in Petty Blue, Plum Crazy, and Sublime? They're the 3 colors I debating. I already attempted Petty Blue, but it wasn't complete and didn't look that great. If you feel like adding a bulge hood, I'd like that too. I'm not asking for much :D

I'll give it a shot, but I might have to use another image if that's okay? :P  For whatever reason the resolution on that image makes the paint look rather dull (I think the problems on my end).  So if it's alright I might grab another image of a '72 (hopefully with a bulge hood :yesnod:) and give it a shot.  I assume you want the slot mags and a black vinyl roof?  If not let me know.... :icon_smile_wink:

firefighter3931

Hey DS440, how about my 70 r/t with red steelies and dog dish caps.  :icon_smile_cool: I've got some 275/60's for the back so it will have a bit more rake and the tires are wider/taller than the current setup.  :devil:

Thanks, Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

chargerboy69

I figured I will now get in line. My request is to see the American Racing Trakstar wheels on a black 69 Charger with a red R/T stripe. If you could do this for me that would be great. The sizes will be 15" for the front and the back. The American Racing site has something where you can put their wheels on you car, but it sucks. I do not have a good side shot of my car, so if you have a stock photo of a black 69 that will be cool. Thank you so much. . Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

ds440

Okay here we go.  Sorry Da' ChargerGuy, I couldn't find a really high res photo of a nice 72, so these might look a little pixelated.  Hopefully these images will help with your decision (and I'm glad it's your's and not mine - I can't decide ;)).

Also, I didn't know if you wanted the blacked out bulge hood or not, so I guessed.  Hopefully that's okay.

ds440

And I didn't forget you, firefighter.  In fact, I'd be happy to do anything you want, because sometime in the future I'm gonna need some engine advice  :icon_smile_tongue: :yesnod:.

Well, I started off working on the image you attached.  But it's a pretty small image and it just wasn't looking "right", so I found another image that was larger and mocked it up to look like you wanted.  I attached both.

Why the preferential treatment?  Steelers fans. :yesnod:  We need to stick together....because our team has fallen apart. :flame: :pity:

Hopefully these help you out...

ds440

Here you go, chargerboy69.

I hope this helps...

TruckDriver

Yup, those will work fine. I will redo the rear quarter windows to the '72 style. And yes, I did want the buldge hood blacked out like you have it. Thanks, PETE.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mean 318

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! ;D

firefighter3931

Hey DS440, thanks for the 'Chop !  :2thumbs: I kinda like it with the steelies....more sleeperish but it won't run like a stocker !  :icon_smile_big:

Ya, our Steelers are really stinkin out the joint. Doesn't look like they're gonna make the playoffs so they should just go out and play loose and have some fun.  :yesnod:

No problem with the engine stuff.....i'll do my best to get you fixed up.  :icon_smile_cool: When the time comes just post what you want and what the budget is. You'll get lots of good ideas and between all of us something good will come out of it.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

R2

DS440 is the man,,,,He was graitous enough to photoshop my Belvedere,,,,and did a GREAT job......

Let me know if you ever need anything,,,,,,

If Ron (firefighter),,,, aids in any motor advice,,,, I would be willing to bring some "Keiths" (good canadian beer that Ron has access to ),,,,, and help out......

TruckDriver

Okay, I photochopped the pics a bit more, and these are what I came up with. I couldn't find a slotted wheel that sat at the right angle for the rear, so I put on there that came closest. Otherwise I put the Rallye wheels on for now. I like how it looks, but in the end, least for now, the slots stay on the car. I just wish I had you do a front and rear spoiler too :-\ Mine look like crap. Isn't there a way to make straight lines easier on Photoshop? Oh, I still think the Petty Blue look the best :yesnod:

PETE

chargerboy69

Wow ds440. . It looks great. Thank you so much for doing that for me. I really appreciate it.

As a side note. . I did not know you were a Steelers fan as well. I have been a Steelers fan since I was 7 years old.

Here we go Steelers. . Here we go. .
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

firefighter3931

DS440, if you get a chance could you use the larger pic that you did for me and add the v21 hood blackout and the tail stripe. Oh and some big tires on the back.  :icon_smile_cool:

Thanks man !  :cheers:

Ron

dkn1997

Quote from: ds440 on November 28, 2006, 10:20:18 AM
Here you go, Mean318.   I put the stripe on and assumed you wanted to keep the blue color and not the Citron Yella that the DMCL Charger was.  I also straightened out the rear view mirror. ;D

Try it with a fatter 440 stripe and some real steamrollers on the back....
RECHRGED