News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds440

Quote from: The Iceman on January 15, 2007, 10:09:22 PM
my humble request..

-dark Gun metal gray
-blacked out hood (six pack style, if possible)
-black nascar type wheels, with white or yellow letters
-black bumblebee stripe
-not sure what to do about the quarter louvers...

Here you go. ;)
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Quote from: Bandit72 on January 16, 2007, 03:49:49 AM
hey just afew more and i'll stop abusing your skills for awhile :P

i would like to see this car with a six pack hood scoop, and i would like to see one with Challenger T/A exhaust (side exit) and one without the exhaust
oh, and i'd also like some door handles put back on it :P
Thanks

And here you go... ;D

Arthu®

Quote from: ds440 on January 16, 2007, 09:24:49 AM
my humble request..

-dark Gun metal gray
-black bumblebee stripe

Here you go. ;)

That is a cool combination, may I say something about the bumblebee strip though. I think it just looks nasty on 3rd gen Chargers, it looks completely out of place an breaks up the long sleek look of the car. Not much of a fan of it on 2nd Gen's either but it seems less out of place. I would vote for doing all that except the bumblebee stripe. And of course get it running ;).

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Ponch ®

my humble request..

-dark Gun metal gray
-black bumblebee stripe

Here you go. ;)

dang...that's hot.

that's exactly how I want it to look...but i'll have to lower the front suspension a little bit.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ds440

Yeah I thought about adjusting that.  The fact that the car is going up the driveway, makes it look like you need to adjust the front suspension.  I adjusted the pic for you. :yesnod:

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: The Iceman on January 16, 2007, 11:37:29 AM
my humble request..

-dark Gun metal gray
-black bumblebee stripe

Here you go. ;)

dang...that's hot.

that's exactly how I want it to look...but i'll have to lower the front suspension a little bit.

That's nice.  One thing though: I'd get rid of that side trim on the doors.

Ponch ®

Quote from: ds440 on January 16, 2007, 12:12:57 PM
Yeah I thought about adjusting that.  The fact that the car is going up the driveway, makes it look like you need to adjust the front suspension.  I adjusted the pic for you. :yesnod:

:o  :2thumbs: that's like the perfect stance too.

Quote from: Vainglory on January 16, 2007, 12:17:13 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 16, 2007, 11:37:29 AM
my humble request..

-dark Gun metal gray
-black bumblebee stripe

Here you go. ;)

dang...that's hot.

That's nice.  One thing though: I'd get rid of that side trim on the doors.

yeah, they'll have to go. I'm also thinking about blacking out all the chrome.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Vainglory, Esq.

Actually, I thought that might look nice too.  You may want to consider the '71 style stripe too.

Bandit72

Thanks Ds, that is awesome!!! exactly what i was looking for !!!
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

472 R/T SE

Hey ds, another request please.  How 'bout a set of these with more rubber than just a rubber band on them?  I was hoping for 18's on the rear and 17's up front.

This is very much appreciated,  :thumbs:.

ds440

Here you go. ;)  If you look on the previous page, the Superbirds all have this rim on them with a painted center cap.  I don't think that they look that bad if they have a little rubber on them. :yesnod:  I've often wondered what they would look like with an argent center cap area.

Hope this helps.

Dave22443

I haven't done this before and I've seen you photo shop guys really so some quality work, so here goes my plea.  Can somebody please "paint" my car?

I don't have any firm idea's on what I want, and I don't know how good this picture is to work with (I can take a different angle if it helps) but I think I want centerline wheels and perhaps a Foose style paint job.  I'm on a budget, so nothing will be rechromed.  I'm thinking about painting the bumbers body color and all the chrome parts black.  Oh, and I'll be painting it myself so don't make it anything too complicated  :icon_smile_wink:

So what do you guys think?  Can you give me some ideas?  I REALLY appreciate it!

-Dave

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

ds440

Fixed it for you, 472.

Good luck with your decision. ;) (Personally, I think it would be hard to put anything on that car and make it look bad. :yesnod:)

ds440

Quote from: Dave22443 on January 20, 2007, 11:57:04 AM
I haven't done this before and I've seen you photo shop guys really so some quality work, so here goes my plea.  Can somebody please "paint" my car?

I don't have any firm idea's on what I want, and I don't know how good this picture is to work with (I can take a different angle if it helps) but I think I want centerline wheels and perhaps a Foose style paint job.  I'm on a budget, so nothing will be rechromed.  I'm thinking about painting the bumbers body color and all the chrome parts black.  Oh, and I'll be painting it myself so don't make it anything too complicated  :icon_smile_wink:

So what do you guys think?  Can you give me some ideas?  I REALLY appreciate it!

-Dave

Hey Dave. ;D  Couple questions.

Color preferences?  If you want a Foose job, it's required by law have two tone with a third color highlight. :icon_smile_big:  Kidding, kidding...well, not really. ;)  If you're not sure, then what are your favorite colors?  What colors do you hate?

Which Centerlines?  The ones with the solid face (that's what most people mean by "centerlines")?  Or do you want Foose wheels, too?

Door handles?  Turn signals?  I assume that you want to keep all that stuff because you're doing it yourself?

As for the pic - here's what I might do.  I might find another picture of '70 Satellite or RR and work from that.  Here's why; with a flat paint job (like you have there) the glossy reflections of shiny new paint job will be lost.  The end result would look like you painted the car with flat paint.

Is there anything else that you want on the car?  Wings, etc?  Let me know.

(oh and it might be a couple of days before I can get to it. :P)

Dave22443

Thanks for looking at it DS440!

Yeah, I know Foose paint requires 3 colors and thats cool.  I was thinking about that paint job he put on the Challenger and what it might look like (but maybe with different colors)?

I can tape and shoot, but I can't blend one color to another.  I paint in my garage and mostly do single stage and buff it to a shine.  This is actually my sons car and to say that it was pretty rough when I got it would be an understatement.  But it helps because my goal with this car is to learn how to do it all by myself.  Abviously, its not ready for paint yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I plan to prime and block it 4 times before laying down the color.

The rims I'm talking about are the solid brushed aluminum with "rivits" around the edge.  I think you know what I mean.  Not the one's with the holes in them.  The car has 4-wheel drums and I have no desire to "show them off"   :icon_smile_approve:

Door handles and marker lights will stay on the car, but I'm shaving off the side molding and emblems.  Only the gold pentastar on the fender will remain.  I do have Road Runner tailights for it, but I'm not building a clone.

As far as colors go, I was thinking about painting it solid white with body color bumpers and blacked out trim and maybe some kind of full length side stripe.  My son thinks he wants it chrome yellow like my charger, but I can't have two yellow cars.  The original color was plum crazy (odd I thought for a Satellite).  The thing to remember is that its had a lot of rust repair down low so any color should be something that helps to hide imperfections, at least in these area's.

The go-wing and hood scoops are already on the car.  The wing will stay but the jury is still out on the scoops.  It's a flat hood so it needs something  :-\

Favorite colors?  I'm pretty flexable really.  I like Royal Blue, Chrome Yellow, Lime Green, Burnt Orange, etc.  Basically the wild Mopar colors of the era.  No black except as trim though.  It looks great, but not on this car if you know what I mean.  :icon_smile_blackeye:  Oh, and I hate Red.

Unless I get a better idea, I'll probably just paint this one white with white bumpers and black scoops, wing and trim.  I don't think it would look too bad, would be easy to keep clean and would hide bodywork.  Problem is, it might be too boring???  (Plus, I'm having a hard time picturing it)  I'm really open to pretty much anything my limited skill level could pull off.

Suprise me  :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

ds440

Here you go, Dave.

Basically I just tried to mimic the classic Foose two tone look.  I went with a light silver (which you could easily turn into white) and then a colored top.  My solution for the hood was to emulate the roadrunner/gtx hood stripes in a flat coat or a darker tone then the body color.  Ghost stripes, basically.  That way you aren't cloning a RR.  I couldn't find a pic of a car with a flat hood, so I went with the RR bulge hood. 

Good luck and I hope this helps. ;)

Dave22443

Thank you VERY much!

I have showed the picures to my son, and he likes the blue/silver best. (and yes, you got the right rims)

I think I like your silver better than my white.  I printed a copy of that picture and took a black marker and added the scoops to the hood.  Then I took an orange marker and changed the pinstripe from yellow, to orange.  Now thats a good looking car!  But most importantly, its a paintjob I can pull off my self  :icon_smile_big:

Here's my really crappy MS-Paint immitation :icon_smile_blackeye:

- Abraham Lincoln

terrible one

ds440,

Do you think that you could take the picture you did of my car on the slots, and put it in this paint scheme, except where the brown is use a red similar to the one below, and where the blue is/used to be, used black?

ds440

Quote from: Dave22443 on January 22, 2007, 08:31:26 PM
Thank you VERY much!

I have showed the picures to my son, and he likes the blue/silver best. (and yes, you got the right rims)

I think I like your silver better than my white.  I printed a copy of that picture and took a black marker and added the scoops to the hood.  Then I took an orange marker and changed the pinstripe from yellow, to orange.  Now thats a good looking car!  But most importantly, its a paintjob I can pull off my self  :icon_smile_big:

Here's my really crappy MS-Paint immitation :icon_smile_blackeye:

Here's a revised version for you. ;)

ds440

Quote from: terrible one on January 22, 2007, 11:07:23 PM
ds440,

Do you think that you could take the picture you did of my car on the slots, and put it in this paint scheme, except where the brown is use a red similar to the one below, and where the blue is/used to be, used black?

Yup. ;D  I couldn't use the existing picture because the primer would make the color look dull.

Hopefully you don't mind, I grabbed another picture for you.  I hope this is what you are looking for. ;)

Joe92

Are You Able To Do The Grand National I Sent You Please Tell Me Yes. Please Send Me A Message Back A.S.A.P.

PocketThunder

Hello ds440.  i have been following along this thread and your work is very nice. 

If you had time can you work on my humble request?  I have a '69 500 that is originally T7 Bronze with a Tan Vinyl Top.  Could you Use this car and keep the Kelsey Hayes rims and do a T7 Bronze car with Tan VT?  Black 500 stripe also.  Here is a picture of Troys car that is a sister to my car(same color combo), and a Hemi car that was on ebay one time, for reference.

And i'm torn on color between T7 and black.  So could you also do Black car with a Tan VT?  and Ghost black 500 stripe please.. 

thanks!

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ds440

Here you go, PocketThunder. ;) 

First, let me apologize for the Kelsey Hayes wheels.  If they look a little weird, it's because I couldn't find a good picture of them at the proper angle.  So I had to use ones that were from a lower resolution image, thusly, they look kinda pixilated.  If you want me to put back the magnum 500s, I will. :-\ 

And the other thing, I only had one reference for the vinyl roof, so if it's not 100% correct it's because I was doing a little guessing.

I hope these help.

terrible one

Quote from: ds440 on January 23, 2007, 09:58:15 AM
Quote from: terrible one on January 22, 2007, 11:07:23 PM
ds440,

Yup. ;D  I couldn't use the existing picture because the primer would make the color look dull.

Hopefully you don't mind, I grabbed another picture for you.  I hope this is what you are looking for. ;)

Thank you SO much man! No problem on the other picture, it gives me a better view anyways. You do great work!

PocketThunder

:o  Wow!  Thank You!  At first glance i think i'll stay with T7 Bronze.  But nothing beats a black Charger... :scratchchin:

THanks

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."