News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: ds440 on March 05, 2009, 11:10:35 AM
Unfortunately Cody I can't help you.  On Tuesday, due to the struggling economy, I was laid off of my job.  My copy of Photoshop was on my work computer. 

I am currently pursuing a copy of the latest version for my personal computer, but until I can get my hands on a copy I am of no help.  Sorry.

No way!   Sorry to hear that.   :-\ 

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

472 R/T SE

Well that's a pisser.  Sorry to hear that man.

You've been a real asset to the board with all the time you've invested into folks whims. 

I had a Photoshop version, the big one.  Now it's on the other computer that's broke.  I lent it out to someone & now I can't remember who?

69bronzeT5

Damn man, I'm so sorry to hear that :rotz: Hope things get better for you.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

General_01

Sorry to hear that ds. I'll be hoping that you get back working soon. Good luck.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TUFCAT

DS if you don't mind, where do you live and what industry are you in? I'm curious to know other areas of the workforce the economy is affecting.

ds440

I appreciate the well wishes, everyone. :cheers:

It's just one of those things and I'm certainly not alone.  I'm just trying to look on the bright side, get my resume and portfolio together and keep pushing on.  What else can you do?

Tufcat, I'm an industrial designer who lives in the Cincinnati area.  The company has (reportedly) lost up to 45% profit in the last quarter alone.  The issue is that other industries, sans the medical industry, has cut back dramatically on spending.  And, unfortunately for me, their marketing budgets tend to be the first to go.  Soooo....after surviving several waves of layoffs, I finally got my number called.  They eliminated 25% of their design staff.  It was just a numbers game.  

I've got a couple of leads, but as you can imagine, it's slim pickens.

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Musicman

Sorry to hear about your current situation DS  :rotz:  Of course you have to know that everyone hear is with you, hoping you get back on your feet again real soon. In the mean time... I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of fulfilling Cody's request in your absence. It's not on par with your work of course but hopefully it will satisfy his needs.

Mike  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Thanks for the help Mike! :cheers:

Charger_Fan

DS, sorry to hear this bad bit of news. :( For your sake, I hope you're able to find something else quickly.
Hang in there.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

WingCharger

Hope you get a break ds440. You defiantly do some BIG favors for all the guys, and thank you for your contributions.

TUFCAT

The 318 call-out looks good if its a 318 car....and that's perfectly fine with me.  Just make sure you have those nice 340 Duster tips as the cherry on top!.  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

I'm gonna need some of those ;)

WingCharger

Why does it say 318 on the stripe, but 340 on the tail panel by the dust devil? :angel: :angel:

:D :nana:

Musicman

Yeah, I could have changed that too, but the request was for the 318 on the stripe... Thanks for noticing  :slap:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charger-Bodie

Hey Ds,

Ive never asked for your services before. So here is my first request

Can you put a GTXtreme stripe on my grey ram? Like the yellow one?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

General_01

Unfortunately Cody I can't help you.  On Tuesday, due to the struggling economy, I was laid off of my job.  My copy of Photoshop was on my work computer. 

I am currently pursuing a copy of the latest version for my personal computer, but until I can get my hands on a copy I am of no help.  Sorry.

Just quoting ds in case someone hasn't heard. Unfortunately, ds lost his job.
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: General_01 on March 09, 2009, 04:21:16 PM

Just quoting ds in case someone hasn't heard. Unfortunately, ds lost his job.

Oops ! Sorry to hear that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

HOW MUCH DOES A GOOD COPY OF PHOTO SHOP COST ?

maybe we should all get together and donate a little and buy DS a copy ?  least we could do for all the work He has done for everyone .
:Twocents:
   i'll donate 20$ to the cause
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

General_01

I'd contribute to that cause. :2thumbs:

P.S.-I think Cody and Jermey should pay for half of it themselves for all the requests they have made. :nana:
496 stroker
4-speed

69bronzeT5

Even though I'm low on money, I'd donate something for sure. :yesnod:

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

C_stripes

I might be able to donate $10-$20. But my hours have been cut back.  Also, some schools offer PS for a fraction of the price if you are a student.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Troy

Quote from: C_stripes on March 09, 2009, 05:54:54 PM
I might be able to donate $10-$20. But my hours have been cut back.  Also, some schools offer PS for a fraction of the price if you are a student.
Yeah, but the educational license says you can't use it for commercial purposes. There are some software packages that allow you to transfer the license to your first employer - but this isn't one of them.

Oh, and I believe he was using CS which is newer than all of mine.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

C_stripes

But this isn't technically for commercial use. He hasn't been charging any money for this. Are there any differences?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Troy

I was assuming an unemployed graphic artist might just use it to freelance while in between jobs. ;) I barely know how to resize pictures with it but I paid full price for mine since I sometimes need to edit/tweak graphic files for web sites. Of course, I originally bought mine at version 5.0 so I just keep getting the "upgrade" licenses which are usually about $200.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.