News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Those are nice photoshops, how do you angle the new rims exactly the same as the pic?  that is trick.   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

528hemicuda

Hello all im new here and sent my request to ds440 there for a pic of a truck to get photoshopped, dont hate me but its a phord that i like very much, Ds440 heres the pic i want you 2 do the mods 2, thnx Skyler :icon_smile_big:
''YeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwww!!!!''

TruckDriver

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on November 30, 2006, 02:56:57 AM

Those are nice photoshops, how do you angle the new rims exactly the same as the pic?  that is trick.   

I was lucky, that's all. The pic of my car with the slots, if you look closely, you can see I used a chop of my rear mags for the front of the chop, then flipped them backwards. But they fit perfect. I couldn't find any the fit the rear good then. That is why I put the road wheels on the rest. And like I said, I just got lucky. In fact, those road wheels are actually from a pic of a Roadrunner.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ds440

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 29, 2006, 07:15:06 PM
DS440, if you get a chance could you use the larger pic that you did for me and add the v21 hood blackout and the tail stripe. Oh and some big tires on the back.  :icon_smile_cool:

Thanks man !  :cheers:
Ron

Here you go. ;D  I wasn't sure if you wanted the "440" callouts as well.  Not a 100% sure if that was an extra option or part of the v21 code.  I've seen blackouts without the callouts....so I did both. :icon_smile_cool:

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Quote from: Da' ChargerGuy on November 30, 2006, 06:30:26 AM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on November 30, 2006, 02:56:57 AM

I was lucky, that's all. The pic of my car with the slots, if you look closely, you can see I used a chop of my rear mags for the front of the chop, then flipped them backwards. But they fit perfect. I couldn't find any the fit the rear good then. That is why I put the road wheels on the rest. And like I said, I just got lucky. In fact, those road wheels are actually from a pic of a Roadrunner.

There is a way to manipulate the rims at an angle.  Go to Edit-->Transform.  In that dialogue box there will be all kinds of options to manipulate the layer/selected area.  I usually place the new rim on a new layer - make it somewhat transparent, like 50% opacity - then "distort" it to the exact shape of the old rim until it is the same shape.  Then turn your opacity back up on the layer.  And then you might need to adjust the lighting and what not.

As for drawing straight lines there are a couple ways.  One, there is the "line tool" (it is third from the bottom on the right of your tool box).  And you can also do this; select paintbrush, click a point (then let go), hold shift and click another point.  It will connect the two points in a straight line.  If you click and hold shift, it will only allow you to draw horizontal or vertical lines.  Practical makes perfect. ;D

As for the other requests:  GASP!  FORDS!!.....mmm....maybe :icon_smile_tongue: :devil:  I got a couple requests and they're both Fords. :pity:  What - is Foose too busy?... :icon_smile_big:  I'm just havin' fun with ya ;)  - LOL.   I'll give it a shot, but both might take a while (they're pretty detailed).  Give me some time and I'll do my best.

Anyone out there own a restoration shop that wants to compete with Foose, let me know...I think we can give him a run for his money.. :nana: :drive: :icon_smile_wink:

ds440

Here's the first ford.

I had a little trouble with the hood scoop.  Specifically the getting the proper proportions.  Sooo...I faked it.
:yesnod:

The mint green was difficult to replicate - I had to airbrush the color over the existing, but I think I got pretty close.  I hope this is what you're looking for.

[Edit:  Added the front fender emblem; added side exhaust]

SeattleCharger

Thank you for the pointers.   I will try em. 

firefighter3931

Ds440....awesome work dude....i just saved those pics.  :icon_smile_cool:

Thanks again !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SeattleCharger

Here's one I had made to see what these rims would look like on this charger, couldn't get the back rims exactly at the right angle though.  But was one of the better ones I made, these aren't easy to make everyone, he is good at this.   Takes a little while, too.   Also can't figure how you do the hood cutouts, or the hood scoop and stripes and fill them inside the lines perfectly straight.   My photo program is not photoshop though, maybe it doesn't do that stuff, I should get photoshop, but costs a lot of $, mine I downloaded free off the internet, if anyone wants the program to fool around with, can do some stuff, its free.

ds440

The other requested Ford.

1970 429 Boss Mustang:
-Light metallic blue (was difficult to match but I used samples of the image sent to match it)
-White stripes
-Hood pins
-BFGoodrich Radial T/As with Foose rims
-Blower
-Rear spoiler
-Fog lamps
-Side pipes.

TruckDriver

Can you please add rear and front spoiler to this pic? I can't get anything decent looking myself.

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

SeattleCharger

__

ds440

TruckDriver

COOL! Thanks! That's perfect! That is how I want mine to look when finished.  :yesnod:
PETE

ds440

Revised Ford truck:

"1#add this gas cap in the same place as the stock location"
Done.

"2#add slightly flared wheel wells like eleanor( i noticed u had problems with a daytona in earlier post hopefully it works here)"
Pain in the ass....but done.

"3#add the slight flare to the bottem of the front bumper like eleanor has"
Done.

"4#add the eleanor style bullet mirror"
Done.

"5#add the lower scoop in the same place on the mustang on the truck except make it slightly taller so it goes from just below the above it body line to just about touching the stripe"
I read this ten times and I'm still not 100% sure what you're looking for, but I think I came close.

"6#add the eleanor style lower grille with fog lights exacty like the car but dont make it leave from inside the stripes and and leave that bottom part of the bumper under the fog lights"
I tried to match the Mustang as close as possible, but the proportions are going to be different from vehicle to vehicle.  Thus, you are never going to be able to get it to look exact.  Just similar.

"7#make the wheels slightly larger and the tires wider more low profile(skinner side walls)"
Done.

"8 and final mod i request is move the exhaust tip back a little towards the wheel well."
Done.

Brock Samson

that truck is pretty sweet...
i'd prefer it in a dark blue and it should be called an "F-500" but hey it's your pipe dream..  ;D

can ya' do my BSG runner up in a candy tangerine with both painted and chromed bumpers?..
maybe lower it a notch and put chromed turn downs behind the rear axel?..

here's an example of the paint color... first..
it's more gold then "orange" but has that red cast where as the stock CY8 Poly gold (on the car now) has more of a green tint.

Brock Samson

ok here's the templates
thanks in advance
you should charge,..
    but not me..  ;)

Brock Samson

this is the view i think of when i think of the color change, any of these would be cool..
thanks so much.

Brock Samson

the end  ;D

Brock Samson

here's another color choice of mine...

528hemicuda

DUDE!!!! saw my truck rendering you did and nearly creamed my pants THANK YOU that is AWESOME, thnak you very much for your work-Skyler
''YeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwww!!!!''

70charger_boy

Ok how about a set of magnum 500 wheels on the first purple 70 charger you posted with a white rt stripe? please

70charger_boy

1 more request.  Can you put this chic next to the purple 70 charger?

ds440

"you should charge,..but not me.."

Oooh, that subject has come up. :yesnod:  While I'm not interested in profiting off of the good people here, at the very least I think I might have to post some "rules" before this gets out of hand... :icon_smile_blackeye: (too late :icon_smile_dead:

But, here's the 'Runner.  That orange swatch in the background is literally the back of the guitar you posted.  I wanted to show how the reflections change.  Metallics are tough to match in photoshop. :P

Chrome and painted bumper, respectively...
;D

ds440

Plum Crazy '70 with white stripe and magnums.

(I can't stand the chick up next to the car, because she's had her lower legs amputated. :icon_smile_tongue:)