News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Almost lost Dana (my C500) last night, fixed her, video and pic update; pg.3

Started by hemi68charger, November 27, 2006, 11:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I wonder though if they are able to them for 1st gens with el lighting?  I'll have to contact them and find out.

69_500

What are you talking about Ghoste, who cares about those first gen chargers.

Only kidding.

Ghoste

I do as long as I run the risk of having one burn down on me.  :icon_smile_wink:

69_500

Ghoste

Sure, go ahead and prey on my weaknesses.

69_500

Ah its not a weakness.

Its more a sickness, I have the same one.

I'm just sick about any aero cars. well the dodge ones anyways.

FastbackJon

I know how it feels, driving around in the '68 R/T I noticed the fuel psi gauge cutting out and popping back, then smoke comes out from under the dash and I smell that distinct electrical fire smell. Pull off the road real quick, turn the car off, jump out, and since the battery is in the trunk I scramble back there to find the right key to get it open to disconnect the negative cable. Scary moment.

What happened was the wire going to the electric fuel pump shorted out from rubbing on the frame and since it had no fuse and was tied into the ignition side of the voltage regulator, it burned that ignition wire up all under the hood and all the way back into under the dash up to the ignition switch. Thought I was going to have to get a complete harness but I was able to do some surgery and just replace that one wire, no real damage to any of the other ones.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

topduarte

Glad everything is ok Troy!!

I truly love that 500!!!

Not a fan too much of the 2nd gens but that 500 is gorgeous in person!!!

Blue Pentastar

Troy sorry to hear of your misfortune but very glad you all and Dana are going to be OK.

Kelly was shocked and very concerned when she heard.(Scott returned an email of hers and told her about your misfortune).

Mike
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

hemi68charger

Well, the insurance company called me Friday and will have a 3rd party come out to verify the damage... They want an estimate or two for repairs.. I'll do that, but also for me and my time..... As any of you would think, I trust ME................  Crossing fingers..... Oh, I have a dedutable of $4.   ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Do you want us to take up a collection to cover the deductible for you?

By the way Troy, did you get those DVD's I mailed to you?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 11, 2006, 08:05:26 PM
Do you want us to take up a collection to cover the deductible for you?

By the way Troy, did you get those DVD's I mailed to you?

Hey Danny,,
Yeap, got the DVD's,, Thanks.. You should have had an email about that.... Looks like the insurance is going to cover everything and pay me to work on my own car.... Shot, my labor isn't free..  :icon_smile_big:  The extra dough will help pay for the amp-2-volt conversion...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Hope you enjoy the DVD's. and hope that you get Dana back out on the road soon.

hemi68charger

Here is the back-side.. Slipped the dash out last night to further along Dana's recovery....  That sucker got hot big time.. Those studs and nuts for the amp gauge WERE nice and shiny.. Now, heat has caused all the plating to come off and oxidation to start........

Troy
Troy

69_500

I see your problem Troy. Its not in the car, and someone cut the wires. :)

ONly kidding.

Looks like it got fried pretty good.

Charger_Fan

Man, that could have gotten real ugly really fast.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nascarxx29

Cant tell you the numbers of time I had that kind of amp gauge damage happen .And other cars that had that same damage i had to fix.Due to amp gauge issues
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

PocketThunder

where are you getting the voltmeter from again?

I need to get two of them.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 08, 2007, 09:53:42 AM
where are you getting the voltmeter from again?

I need to get two of them.

http://www.redlinegaugeworks.com/

About $100 and they need your cluster frame, the printed-circuit board in place and amp gauge...
Troy

pettyfan43

WOW That is a beautiful car, glad it will live to cruise another day!

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettyfan43 on January 09, 2007, 11:29:33 PM
WOW That is a beautiful car, glad it will live to cruise another day!

Ahh, shucks...    :icon_smile:
Troy

hemi68charger

Hey gang....
Well, finally got everything from YearOne and redlinegauges yesterday.... The harnesses, both engine and underdash are made by M&H Electric Fabricators, Inc.... Their work looks to be top-notch..... We'll see after it's all installed and fired up.......  Also, got the restored amp-2volt conversion from RedlineGauges. Man-oh-man, it looks great.. I may have to spend the big bucks on their process for the '68.......

Obviously, the volt conversion causes the needle to be in the position shown, so when the engine's not running, the needles not straight up like in the amp gauges.. But, that's a small price to pay for safety.... Also, I had them reface the gauge like OEM. They do offer a volt scale... I'll touch up the stop in black so it's not visible with it all together.....

Troy

Troy

PocketThunder

So what are the readings on the amp guage in correlation to the actual volt meter reading?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 24, 2007, 11:16:52 AM
So what are the readings on the amp guage in correlation to the actual volt meter reading?

Paul,
I'm not sure what exactly what the relationship is, but I'm sure I can find out.. I'll probably apply 12 volts to the gauge with my test set and see what the response is...... I do know though, that I'll know if things aren't charging or not by the deflection of the needle......

Troy
Troy

Charger_Fan

Judging from gauges on other cars, I bet that right near the +20 mark will be 12 volts.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)