News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 73s K-frame is finally on, Now what should I install next?

Started by WH23G3G, November 30, 2006, 10:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I finally installed my K-frame with new Prothane Urethane Bushings today. It wasn't easy to get it back in. Removal was easy using the engine crane, but installation was more of a pain because there was anywhere to hook up a chain to the rear of the K-frame, so it took me awhile until I finally was able to prop a chair under each side so it was level enough to start the bolts in. My front is already high off the ground on jackstands, so that made it harder. Also the front passenger urethane mounts lower washer got pinched in the K-frame hole and bent a little. I don't know where to get another one. These urethane bushings look like they'll crack in half sooner than rubber bushings would have lasted. Torquing down to 50 ft-lbs, seemed like it was going to split each bushing. I hope they're stronger than they appear. Now what is the best procedure to reinstall the suspension? I was going to do lower control arms, spindles, upper control arms, then misc strut rods, sway bar, and shocks, then brakes and torsion bars when I get them out of the rear crossmember and inspect them. Is there a preferred reinstallation of everything? Motor/trans are still out.