News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kinda disappointed

Started by Silver R/T, July 22, 2005, 05:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I know of this one guy in Cali that had 2 70 Challys for sale, one was project car that I wanted. Plum crazy, 727, vinyl black top black interior. I called him while ago asking for more info and it sounded all nice, not much rust, complete interior and no engine would sell for 4K he said and I asked for more pics sent to my email. NO pics... so called him back today and he says only got this plum crazy one and no projects, Would sell plum crazy one for 8K the way it is. (needs paint, engine, etc)
Guess he caught up that he can make easy money with it. Said would sell it when its finished for 15 to 20K USD.

Disappointed .....still looking for 70 project..      :cryin:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Everybodys out to make as much as they can. I can understand but it does suck to be on the buyers end. This is a good time to be selling old Mopars. I don't know who is worse. The people selling rusty junk cars for obscene amounts of money or us for buying them. :rotz:

Ghoste

Should have jumped on it Silver, it's just going to get worse.   There are lot's of "experts" too who are happy to tell someone that they can get rich on project cars.   I think with E-bodies though, it's here to stay.
There is a guy here in town who has started a business making E-body Hemi vert clones.   They aren't even perfect clones and he's making money.   The kicker is, he doesn't even like Mopars.   He's a Vette freak who figured out he could make a buck off the Mopar faithful.

Ghoste

Hmm, I would have ignored this but I paused long enough to read my comment from 2005.  I can update that when the crash occured a couple of years later, that local Vette freak guy got caught with his pants down on his Mopar clones.  Took him a while to get out from under them and he took a bath on a couple.

F8-4life

Op your problem is you gave him too much time to research and rethink his original 4k price.
Should have jumped on it quick and therefore made him stick to his original word.
Partially your fault here.

TiMopar

" The kicker is, he doesn't even like Mopars.   He's a Vette freak who figured out he could make a buck off the Mopar faithful."
That started in the mid/ late 80's when they started talking about Mopars with 'matching numbers' IIRC.