News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Y2 or Y3 paint question

Started by Lord Warlock, December 02, 2006, 01:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

hello all my car is a 69 rt se charger in y3 it has black trim black vinyl roof and black bumble bee stripe  and i'm not sure about the color .should i paint it this or not i found this car in the color not a charger as i cant find a picture of one in this combo but  i think it represents the color quite well. whats your thoughts should i or should i not paint  in this combo :yesnod: :rotz: :hah:

Lord Warlock

keep it Y3 if you can, there weren't many built that color, and few people have kept the y3 color over the years making them very rare on the streets.  I'd keep it stock color, whatever the fender tag or build sheet says, y3 is a classy color today, wasn't real popular in the 60s as it was a mom and pop color, not a high impact color like some cars.  Mine has a tan vinyl top making it even rarer than a black top car, but its y3, tan top, tan leather interior.  never seen another in person, although have seen a couple with y3 and black tops. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ht4spd307

i think you may be right LW found this image on the internet  :drool5: looks yellow but i'm not 100% sure it's y3 cream as there are other images were you can see the cream seems to change from a cream to a yellow in certain light the fender tag says y3 i know this color was renamed yellow gold for 1970 .what do you think is this the color or just a variation

ht4spd307

here is the link for the car if you look at the engine bay photos one pic looks like the guards are yellow but then the over pic of the engine bay the guards looks closer to cream so i'd say it is the right color as the fender tag area looks cream    http://www.vehicletown.com/detail/Dodge-Charger-RT-1969-dodge-charger-r-t-440_261924821512.html