News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonzoe

heres mine

tricky lugnuts

Looks awesome. Love the color and the hood.

CDN72SE

Quote from: mikesbbody on April 16, 2010, 02:34:13 AM
Quote from: CDN72SE on April 15, 2010, 01:10:06 PM
I guess I had never posted a picture of mine, here's a couple.

Back in 1992:

More recent in primer before disassembly.

Nice Charger's Guy's  :2thumbs: is that a real Ramcharger hood on the 72?
Hey Mike, yes it is a real Ramcharger hood, not original to the car though.
1972 Charger SE

Mr.Woolery

That's a '71 Ramcharger hood.  You can tell by the cowl venting.  Uber rare!   :2thumbs:
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

charger_cody

Quote from: CDN72SE on April 16, 2010, 11:53:37 AM
Quote from: mikesbbody on April 16, 2010, 02:34:13 AM
Quote from: CDN72SE on April 15, 2010, 01:10:06 PM
I guess I had never posted a picture of mine, here's a couple.

Back in 1992:

More recent in primer before disassembly.

Thats pretty sweet looking. Can I ask for a pic? I am thinking about doing a scoop and always think theya re too short. Can I get a pic of that scoop from the side??

Many thanks

Cody

Nice Charger's Guy's  :2thumbs: is that a real Ramcharger hood on the 72?
Hey Mike, yes it is a real Ramcharger hood, not original to the car though.

71383bee

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on April 16, 2010, 12:07:55 PM
That's a '71 Ramcharger hood.  You can tell by the cowl venting.  Uber rare!   :2thumbs:

Ahhh not all 71 hoods had the vents all across the top... :icon_smile_big:  Mine is a September 1970 build too! 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

mikesbbody

Quote from: 71383bee on April 16, 2010, 09:31:46 PM

Ahhh not all 71 hoods had the vents all across the top... :icon_smile_big:  Mine is a September 1970 build too! 

Yes, this is true i believe it depends on when the car was built maybe? a later built 71 got the hood with the "72" style vents yet it was still a 71 (like 71383bee's car) I think the eearlier built 71's got the vents all the way across.
I once had 2 71 hoods in my garage both 71's one with vents all the way across the other had the "gap" like a 72 hood both had the holes for the inserts but neither had inserts  :brickwall:

twinscrew698

Well i waited long enough i guess!
Here is When i bought it!!Pulled it out of the Mud..4-14-2007

twinscrew698

And here it is now, as its still a project in motion!

mikesbbody

Looking good twinscrew  :2thumbs: where did you find her? and do you have any pics of when you pulled her out of the mud? 

CDN72SE

QuoteThats pretty sweet looking. Can I ask for a pic? I am thinking about doing a scoop and always think theya re too short. Can I get a pic of that scoop from the side??

Many thanks

Cody
Hey Cody, the hood is off the car and the assy is off the hood. I have some pics from other cars I can PM you if you like.
1972 Charger SE

Mr.Woolery

Quote from: mikesbbody on April 17, 2010, 06:45:57 PM
Quote from: 71383bee on April 16, 2010, 09:31:46 PM

Yes, this is true i believe it depends on when the car was built maybe? a later built 71 got the hood with the "72" style vents yet it was still a 71 (like 71383bee's car) I think the eearlier built 71's got the vents all the way across.
I once had 2 71 hoods in my garage both 71's one with vents all the way across the other had the "gap" like a 72 hood both had the holes for the inserts but neither had inserts  :brickwall:

But those aren't Ramcharger/Airgrabber hoods, they are regular bulge hoods.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Tilar

I don't remember if I posted this in here or not. This was the day I brought it home. It's a 73 Rallye with 47,000 original miles bought from the original owner. I do have some rust issues to tend to but all in all it's pretty decent for sitting since 1991.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

CDN72SE

Very nice, I like the '73 Rallye's.
1972 Charger SE

mikesbbody

But those aren't Ramcharger/Airgrabber hoods, they are regular bulge hoods

Mr Woolery, I hear what your saying but I have seen 71's with Ramcharger Hoods with both styles of vents (all the way across and with the "gap" in the middle) oddly enough I have never, ever seen a 71 Hemi Charger with a Ramcharger hood that has the "gap" in between the vents all the ones I have seen have the vents going all the way across I would be interested to hear if anyone here has seen a 71 Hemi Charger with the "gap" on the Ramcharger hood. Of course, in 72 they all had the gap I have never heard of any 72's with the vents all the way across but I wouldn't say no exist never say never with Mopars.  :Twocents:

twinscrew698

Mikesbbody...Found her in Mayfield hts,Oh The first pic is when we pulled her out of the side of garage!
Had a blown matching 400 it ran but with a knock! Got more pics when it was about 7 different colors on it,But had it running by the end of summer with a rebuild on the 400....And Replacing the K Frame as the New Bushings fell right thru the holes on the K Frame! Slowly adding things as money comes available!

charger_cody

Quote from: twinscrew698 on April 21, 2010, 08:06:18 AM
Mikesbbody...Found her in Mayfield hts,Oh The first pic is when we pulled her out of the side of garage!
Had a blown matching 400 it ran but with a knock! Got more pics when it was about 7 different colors on it,But had it running by the end of summer with a rebuild on the 400....And Replacing the K Frame as the New Bushings fell right thru the holes on the K Frame! Slowly adding things as money comes available!

Is your screen name twins-crew or twin-screw?  :rofl: Sorry.

Cody

twinscrew698

Tilar

Hmm, That could be either taken like a Peterbilt or tractor/trailer type twinscrew or the "Olsen" twins  :scratchchin:   :lol:
Dave  

TeeWJay426

Quote from: Tilar on April 21, 2010, 09:48:55 AM
Hmm, That could be either taken like a Peterbilt or tractor/trailer type twinscrew or the "Olsen" twins  :scratchchin:   :lol:

... or a twin engined boat.

BTW, here's my 73 SE.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Troy

Or a boat or a supercharger (I was thinking boats at first).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Tilar

I haven't thought boats since I sold my last one back in 87. Supercharger could fit easily.
Dave  

twinscrew698

The 3 axle truck guys!!
Although the others sound good too!

3rdgencharger

I have been collecting these 3rd Gen cars now for the last 10 years! The first triple black car in the tent was my first Charger SE! It was a gift from one of the Men in my Church out West! I am in the process of restoring that one! The second car in black and grey primer is a 73 Charger that I "intend" to drive this Summer while I finish my 73 SE ! I have some work to get it to driver status, though! I have 6 other cars for parts, so I will have some parts to sell / trade! I like the buckets and console in the Charger, but I have had my SE for 10 years, and that is where my first effort must go! I do not think I want to change it to buckets and a console....too much work! I "may" just keep both cars! I will post the other 4 cars in another listing.

3rdgencharger

That first one was my first parts car that I bought for $75, 10 years ago! I STILL find little parts on that car that other fellow Mopar builders want! The red one looks like my other red parts car, but is an SE instead of just a Charger! I need to get one of my resto cars on the road in the next couple months, and finish my 73 SE ASAP! At that point, I may restore the driver car also! And eventually move all these parts cars to other guys who may need them! In the mean time, I try to help fellow CL'ers, and fellow Mopar guys with 3rd gen parts that I can "part" with!