News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty Dave

can only post 1 at a time?????

Scotty Dave

Scotty Dave

My daughter just after starting it..... first car she's ever started  :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

Cool Scotty  :2thumbs: are you gonna teach her to drive in the Charger? you said this car's in Scotland?

Scotty Dave

mmm dont know about teaching her to drive in it... as we drive on the wrong side of the road here in the UK  ;) but that'll be another 3 yrs off as shes only 14 and the legal age for driving is 17 here. The look on her face as that motor fired up was great to see though. Both Chloe who's in the pic and her younger sister want to be taken to their senior proms in it, which for Chloe gives me 4 yrs approx.
Yes the car is in a garage on 1 of the Scottish Islands and I now live 600 mls away in the midlands near Birmingham. This kinda makes working on it impossable at the moment, that and lifes other necessities like mortgate, bills, kids, etc  ;D
So it sits there waiting, which is a shame as I really loved driving it around. When I was at the folks back in the summer I did get a good look at it though as I plan on sourcing the parts to at least get it rolling again. Will definatlly be needing a lot of questions answered by you guys here though  :icon_smile_big:

Apart from the welding repairs a rough list of what it needs so far is:
Torsion Bars (as 1 snapped) hence the bricks under the front
Probably all bushes in the front suspension/steering as they look pretty knackered
Fuel pump as it no longer pumps gas and has to be gravity feed from a gallon can
Exhaust pipes as they've fallen off
Passenger door
Trunk lid
Carb needs servicing dont think its the right 1 for the motor though had 1 hell of a flat spot when it was last on the road

Scotty Dave

only letting post 1 pic at a time?

Scotty Dave

Scotty Dave

ACUDANUT

Looks like the torsion bars are cut ?  The entire engine looks sad.  Better start on it.  :Twocents:

Scotty Dave

Yep it is sad... and need to start on it... but its 600 mls then a 3hr ferry crossing away, so that kinda makes it difficult, dont think the torsion bar was cut probably just age and a weak spot.

mlomaka

Wow, there is a lot of nice Chargers here. I have been looking around here for a little while before finally joining. I wish I still had my last one, a 72 Rallye. Here is a before pic, well, before the major body & paint work. By this time I already fixed the mechanicals and got it sitting right. Don't beat me up too bad, this is from early 90s.

Here is how it ended up.

Before this one, I had a 74 SE California car with a 360 I only just started working on before I lost that. Growing up, my dad had a 72 for a long time. It had a Crusader package on it. 318, nothing fancy.
Mike Lomaka

CDN72SE

Nice car, are you currently a Charger owner?
1972 Charger SE

mlomaka

Thanks and to answer your question, not currently.
Mike Lomaka

mikesbbody

Nice Rallye!  :2thumbs: I think it looks good in both the before, and after pics  :yesnod:

ACUDANUT

mlomaka

It is only temporary.  :2thumbs:
Having owned 3, I figure another is coming my way.

Mike
Mike Lomaka

Foreman72

Quote from: Scotty Dave on October 10, 2010, 09:05:09 AM
Yep it is sad... and need to start on it... but its 600 mls then a 3hr ferry crossing away, so that kinda makes it difficult, dont think the torsion bar was cut probably just age and a weak spot.

looks real familiar...same problem i had with mine...it was in a barn for 20 yrs and when i went to take it out, i found that both the t bars were split just like that...used a piece of 2x4 to splint them...but that was only to push it in and out of the garage, wouldn't recommend that for driving :lol: :lol:

and mlomaka your charger is sweet :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

monkele

Hello,

here are my newest pictures from my Charger.

Best regards

Michael

CDN72SE

Very clean and sharp, do you have a post with interior pictures, gotta see more.  :drool5:
1972 Charger SE

Scotty Dave

Brass

That car looks great with the Centerlines.

nvrbdn

really makes the interior pop with that body color. love it :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

monkele

ThankĀ“s guys...here the Interior again  :icon_smile_big:

Beer

Quote from: mlomaka on October 14, 2010, 03:06:17 PM

Glad I revisited this thread, I may borrow the rear stripe done that way on mine...maybe a 340 variation  for the two bars above the marker light, but I love the effect of the stripe broken like that  :yesnod:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mikesbbody

Looks great Beer!  :cheers: I agree about the stripe too if there's one thing I'm personally not too keen on (on 72-74's) it's the sidemarker lights. If you have a red, or orange 72-74 you don't notice either the front, or rear's so much but they still stick out a bit too much IMO does anyone else out there think they would have been better if they were sitting flush with the quarters/fenders from the Factory? BTW Monkele your interior is Awesome!  :coolgleamA: