News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle Car Factoids & Tidbits

Started by bee_fishy_6869, December 04, 2006, 03:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bee_fishy_6869

I think it would be cool to post little factoids about mopars muscle. It would especially help us newer guys to the game to learn more about the cars. Some ideas may include; RARE option codes on a fender tag (i.e. Code A12 represents the 440 Six Pack Pkg only availible in 1969), limited production numbers (Only X# of Charger Daytonas are known to be produced), model design facts (The Charger 500 was introduced to impriove the aerodynamics for racing, distinguishable by its rear window, front grille etc...), Color options (This car was limited and only produced in 3 colors) and whatever facts might be of some interest or significance. Not limited to just chargers but also any other mopar muscle cars too. Much of this info will probably common knowledge to the average enthusiast but I think it will help out the noobs like myself. Who knows, you might learn something new...

Try to keep em short and sweet. No novels, they're just little quick read facts...Post as many as you want. The more the better. And to be a lazy ass, i'll cut an paste a previous factoid used above.
-------------------------------------------------

"Code A12 on the fender tag represents the 440 Six Pack Pkg only availible in 1969 Dodge Superbees(Six Pack) and Plymouth Roadrunners (6bbl)"

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

RD

the 1973 Charger was the most produced charger during the years os 1966-1974

1971 Chargers had headlight wipers as an option (ask Nacho for the option code)

The Dodge Charger was a dealer option on the Dart in 1965 prior to becoming a factory model in 1966
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

1969 Chargers are the best year produced!

Sorry......I had to get that in there before a 70 guy did ;) :wave:

Carry on.....

Reported 393 '69 Chargers optioned with the V21 Hood Performance Treatment

337 R/T Chargers
56 Base model Chargers

More info on my registry site....
www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

Hum mm,....

Fun facts to know and tell....

Well this is old news.. but,..
 The A-12 cars and the AAR and T/A a-bodys had the antenna on the rearpassenger fenders because of the fiberglas hoods were interfering with the radio reception.. 1970 300s didnt though...
Oh, and the first year Road Runners had only black and white graphics cause the name was quickly changed and that model body was almost named..  "La Mancha".
Iimagine that, everyone would be going around saying...   :rotz:
   "The LA Mancha"...   :icon_smile_wink:

73chgrSE

Quote from: konigcharger on December 04, 2006, 11:13:46 AM
57,026 73 SE's

What was the total for all models that year?

I wonder how many have actually survived to present.

Charger_Fan

My Charger was originally B3 blue... :icon_smile_tongue:

...on ALL it's body panels. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Charger1973

FY1 (Top Banana) was the only extra cost paint option in 1973. 

41husk

Thats an interesting fact, what colors were offered on 73 Chargers?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Drache

Quote from: 41husk on December 04, 2006, 02:20:23 PM

You can have any color you want as long as it's black...  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger1973

Quote from: 41husk on December 04, 2006, 02:20:23 PM

I cant seem to find the website with the chart I was looking for but this came up on one of the pages

konigcharger

Quote from: 73chgrSE on December 04, 2006, 12:27:41 PM
Quote from: konigcharger on December 04, 2006, 11:13:46 AM
57,026 73 SE's

What was the total for all models that year?

107,971 total the most of any year next is like 92,000 68 i think

57,026 SE's

41,157 hardtop's

9,788 Coupe's

I wonder how many have actually survived to present?

If i knew that id be working for Ms Cleo ;D

hemigeno

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 04, 2006, 12:18:58 PM
 The A-12 cars and the AAR and T/A a-bodys had the antenna on the rearpassenger fenders because of the fiberglas hoods were interfering with the radio reception.. 1970 300s didnt though...

I hadn't heard that rationale (about the radio interference) before, but I don't think it's true about the B-body 69.5 cars.  Every picture on the 69-1/2 Registry website that I saw - at least the ones that had a visible antenna - all had antennas on the front fender.  Here's the link to their photo gallery:

http://regcars.homestead.com/photogallery.html

I did see a concours-restored Challenger T/A a couple of weeks ago with the antenna on the quarterpanel, so perhaps that was something they did on E-Body cars with fiberglass hoods, I dunno.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemigeno on December 04, 2006, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on December 04, 2006, 12:18:58 PM

I hadn't heard that rationale (about the radio interference) before, but I don't think it's true about the B-body 69.5 cars.  Every picture on the 69-1/2 Registry website that I saw - at least the ones that had a visible antenna - all had antennas on the front fender.  Here's the link to their photo gallery:

http://regcars.homestead.com/photogallery.html

I did see a concours-restored Challenger T/A a couple of weeks ago with the antenna on the quarterpanel, so perhaps that was something they did on E-Body cars with fiberglass hoods, I dunno.
.... if 69 1/2 cars arent suposed to have an antenna on the fender im im trouble cause the one in the shop has an antenna on the rt ft fender and it was an orig paint car when it was started could be true on trans am e bodys but i have very good reason to doubt it in a12 monsters
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger1970

I don't believe there were any '70 GTX convertibles or '71 Challenger R/T convertibles.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

375instroke

Schuler

Green was the most popular color. :rotz:

(I can't back that up, its just a guess)
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

Blakcharger440

1970 Chargers are the rarest and are the only 2nd gen Chargers to be offered in the High Impact Colors
as well as the ultra cool pistol grip shifters which people still try to copy today!  :icon_smile_big:

aswert1223

Not to derail a great thread idea, but...a factiod is defined as : A piece of unverified or inaccurate information that is presented in the press as factual, often as part of a publicity effort, and that is then accepted as true because of frequent repetition.

See http://www.answers.com/topic/factoid or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factoid

Therefore:

16 Factiods You Didn't Know About Mopar Muscle Cars:
1. Mopar Muscle Cars do not sleep, they wait.

2. A 1970 V Code Charger R/T sold it's soul to the devil for it's rugged good looks and unparalleled acceleration. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, it hole-shot the devil and left him sleeping at the tree in a head's up 1/8 mile grudge race and took it's soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

3. It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a Hemi 'Cuda to laugh at him.

4. To prove it isn't that big a deal to beat cancer, a 1971 Charger R/T stayed out in the rain & snow for 20 years and acquired terminal trunk pan rust & frame rail corrosion, only to rid them from its body after 18 months on a rotisserie. Beat that, Lance Armstrong.

5. The chief export of a Mopar is pain.

6. Mopar always throws stones in glass houses.

7. If you can see a 383 Roadrunner,  it can see you. If you can't see it, you may be only seconds away from death.

8. Mopar Muscle Cars typically lose their virginity before their owner's Dad's do.

9. A hemi Dart factory racer won Jumanji without ever saying the word. It simply beat the living shit out of everything that was thrown at it and the game forfeited.

10. After much debate, President Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima rather than the alternative of sending a 300D. His reasoning? It was more humane.

11. There are two kinds of cars in this world: cars that suck, and Mopar Muscle Cars.

12. Crop circles are 72 Challengers way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*$@ down.

13. There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Mopar allows to live.

14. Mopar Muscle Cars have two speeds: cruise and kill.

15. It takes a 1964 Sport Fury 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.

16. When a 1968 Charger is jacked up, it isn't being lifted, Earth is being pushed down.

bee_fishy_6869

My bad... I should really check my definitions beforehand. I also have to stop using words I can't spell, like teh .... damnit!

"Mopar Muscle Car Facts & Tidbits" !

- Cheers

Ghoste

41husk

From the above paint chart there Y1 was the only high impact color available, was the same true for plymouth?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904