News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel line part please indent

Started by AmadeusCharger500, August 30, 2005, 06:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

CAn someone tell me what this is and should I worry about changing it while rebuilding the whole fuel system.

Also any goo suggestions on what to do with the return fuel line if all I bought was the main fuel line. I hate to waste 70-100 bucks just for a return line thar goes nowhere, yet I am not sure what to do with that end on the sender.

Plumcrazy

Looks like an aftermarket electric fuel pump

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

firefighter3931

Looks too small to be a fuel pump. My guess is that it's a low pressure fuel cut off switch...probably wired into the oil pressure switch.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SpudRacer

It could also be an electric fuel cut-off wired to a switch which is thrown in the event of a fire or accident to cut off all fuel flow.  I agree too small for a fuel pump, has to be a shut-off valve of some sort.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' R/T SE Turquoise
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

AmadeusCharger500

So I really don't need this plumbed back into the new line?

Any thoughts on the return nipple from the sender? I've dealt with this before by just plugging it but each time I wonder if there is another way.

Plumcrazy

There are fuel pumps out there that look a lot like that.

No matter what, it belongs in the garbage

AmadeusCharger500

Nice pic plum. It looks exactly like that. How well can a fuel pump work that is so small? Either way it is off and the new line goes directly into the tank.
Thanks!

Plumcrazy

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on September 02, 2005, 07:21:13 AM
Nice pic plum. It looks exactly like that. How well can a fuel pump work that is so small? Either way it is off and the new line goes directly into the tank.
Thanks!

The reason I recognized it was because I put one of those on a 47 Dodge Power Wagon a couple years ago.

Those are popular with guys that own 30's and 40's cars.  They don't need a high performance pump.  So they hide those under the car and eliminate the mechanical pump.  ;D

firefighter3931

Nice catch Plum !   :icon_smile_cool: I've never seen a fuel pump THAT tiny   :o That thing doesn't look big enough to feed a lawnmower, let alone a V8 powered engine. Good to see it was trashed for something more appropriate. :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger_Fan

I used to sell those fuel pumps.
Plum's right, they suck. They're noisy & don't flow much.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SpudRacer

Thanks for the education Plum!!!  Never saw a pump that small before.
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise