News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rust repair thoughts?

Started by charger72, August 30, 2005, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger72

I am wondering what you guys think I should do to my 71 Bee, repair the drivers side firewall or replace the whole fromt clip(but the front clip needs the tranny area of the firewall replaced to the floor)then one on the car now is good except for the drivers side. I will need the inner fenders for the bee, but they are easy to replace. If I do switch the clip I know I will need to brace up the body. I need some opinions.

charger72

extra clip

hamtramck

my 2 cents, replace only what is needed from your doner clip. I would replace such a large structural area only as a last resort.

toqwik

DC_1

Major undertaking replacing the firewall and front clip.

69hemi

I have always replaced only what is needed also.  Sometimes if there are many spots on a panel it is better to replace the entire panel than patchwork it together. 
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

charger72

thanks for your thoughs guys. I really didnt want to change the firewall either. Especially since I would have to path up the tranny hump of the new firewall after I put it in.