News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fav. new car

Started by mustanghater, July 22, 2005, 02:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

whats your fav. new car out post your pics
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

mustanghater

whats your fav. new car out their doesn't have to be a mopar

it would have to be this, I love it my...
New Muscle car forum

Silver R/T

which factors? US made, under....35K? theres lots of favorite cars ive got but depends on price and where its made
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

MGBRingo

Within a reasonable price, etc. (counting out Ferrari, Porches, etc) I like the new Mustang.   Especially the new Shelby model coming out soon.     :icon_smile_tongue:

I am also planning on buying a C5 Corvette in the near future.  The Z06 is an awesome driving car for the money but I need a convertible.

Ghoste

Not an easy question.  As much as I hate the Magnum sedan, I like the Magnum wagon as much.  Is it a fave??
Vipers have always turned me on, so it would be a contender.  If you're only talking cars I could realistically buy, I guess it'd be the Mustang but I still likely wouldn't buy one because I just haven't had good luck with Fords.

Telvis

Anything I want??  Probably a Viper. If it were something practical I would say a Ram diesel quad cab.

Telvis

Same as the other thread. ;D

TheGhost

Um....  Would a 2002 Pontiac T/A count as a newer car?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Silver R/T

viper SRT10 of course

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum

andy74

well i like the new dakota quad cab,and the magnum r/t,but i think im going to end up with a stow and go grand caravan-new baby and all her stuff along with the 2 boys,my 14 year old and 6 year old step son!! still better than the 06 wanna be charger

Paul G

There is nothing I really want right now. I just bought myself an 01 ram 4x4 this spring. I can list the new cars I like, Chrysler 300, Caddy CTS and thats about it. We have a 15 year old with a permit. No new cars for another year or two.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

BrianShaughnessy

Ok... the GT I saw last week was sweet.   It's fairly useless and costs more than I can afford but isn't everything that's good in life?  ;D
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

SirNik73

the New car I most want
the new S Class. they make it with a 600hp V12 or a 260hp Diesel V8.

the best new American car
the Mustang

the best new Cheysler Corp. car
the Chrysler 300C (looks like my 84 S Class) waiting for the SRT8 version. (why buy a "charger" when you could by this)

my favorite Japanese car
the Lexas IS300 (if they made an IS400 with the V8, i would buy that car in a heart beat)
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

GoodysGotaCUDA

2000-2005 - Wish, Ford GT - Somewhat practical 05 Mustang GT  :icon_smile_blackeye:
1990-2000- Wish, Idk - Somewhat Practical Fox Mustang  :icon_smile_blackeye:
1975-1989..hmm.....Lil Red Express
1970-1974 Prolly a AAR 'Cuda 4-speed
1965-1969- 69 Super Bee
1965-back...meh, not a big fan of much of the older cars

those are just off the top of my head, didnt put much thought into it  :icon_smile_big:

KMPX2

Not counting the high dollar cars I would have have to say the new Mustang is by far the best looking new car. But I would never buy one ( I even have my dads discount). I am Mopar all the way. I am even lucky enuf to work for them.

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

of the cars I could actually afford, Mustang or GTO.  Don't kill me on the GTO, I like it because if you are not paying attention, you might just think that a honda accord with 400+ horsepower blew you away. total sleeper.
RECHRGED

Telvis

Quote from: andy74 on July 22, 2005, 03:33:05 PM
well i like the new dakota quad cab,and the magnum r/t,but i think im going to end up with a stow and go grand caravan-new baby and all her stuff along with the 2 boys,my 14 year old and 6 year old step son!! still better than the 06 wanna be charger

My in-laws have a new Caravan with the stow n go. I drove it to Florida and back last December. It is a nice running vehicle for a minivan. Comfortable too.

tomonty

It's not new, but I have been looking for one of these babies....man they are sweet.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

KMPX2

If I did buy something new it would be a truck. I think the only car I would buy is the Crossfire

Charger_Fan

Something new...hmmm...I'll choose some that are realistically affordable.

'05 Mustang GT (black pleeze)
Crossfire (I like those too)
Magnum Hemi (black here too)
1st Gen Viper (not exactly new, but the current ones are FUGLY)

That's it. Everything else is too ugly or too expensive...mostly too ugly.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

I thought whole point of the topic was NEW cars not some shaggin 70s pintos n vegas

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

andy74

the new bonnevile with a northstar would be pretty cool also,if i hit the lotto

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Dale The Bold

I find it funny that in an era that the only affordable car with decent retro styling is the Mustang, a guy named Mustang Hater started this thread.

I've always been annoyed by the Mustang (and Camaro) because there are hundreds of them at a car show that only has three Chargers.  But it earned a lot of respect just by being the only car these days to have the "courage" to have some style that isn't "metrosexual."
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

General Ryan

Just like I had before- except I want a 2002 model

Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk

MoparYoungGun

My favorite new car would have to be the new '05/'06 Mustang GT. I think that Ford did an excellent job capturing the classic look and lines in a modern package. I really wish that this is what Dodge would have done when designing the new Charger rather than slapping four doors and one ugly front and rear end on. Now, if I had a load of money to blow on a new car my choice would be different. I would probably want a '05/'06 Viper.

hotrod98

2005 Viper

The problem is, the only way that I could buy it, insure it and maintain it would be to sell some of my old Mopars and I'm not going to do that.

Had to settle for an 05 Daytona Ram instead.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

clausoe

I've always liked the look of these... :icon_smile_tongue:

4forty

Gotta be the '05 Mustang GT, awesome stylin & performance. besides we just got one!!  (triple black '05 GT convertible 5spd.,) waited 5 months, now the only problem is deciding which one to drive.  Also love the 300C

Charge It!

Older Viper
Chrysler 300 (with Hemi of course)
I'm sorry- But I do like the new Mustangs too

Silver R/T

new mustang
lexus IS300
lexus sc300
honda s2000
bmw z4

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dave68RT

BMW M6 (coming soon)
BMW M5
E55 AMG
SRT-4 300C
2000 Formula WS-6
2005 GTO
any Z06

:icon_smile_big:

'68 Charger R/T

Lightning

you mean Chrysler actually built cars after 1989?....wow.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

RT DAVE

Quote from: Dave68RT on July 25, 2005, 10:28:18 PM
BMW M6 (coming soon)
BMW M5
E55 AMG
SRT-4 300C
2000 Formula WS-6
2005 GTO
any Z06

:icon_smile_big:

The SRT 300 is the srt8.  Just an FYI...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

TeeWJay426

Of the current new cars, gotta go with the Mustang here too. Not that I have any intention of buying one, but if I were in the market for new wheels, that's what I'd get!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

alfaitalia

Thread resurrection!

This....a proper ALFA with rear wheel drive, three quarters of a Ferrari engine, 515 horse , 30mp(UK)g and styling to die for!!

Very cool interior too....especially with carbon framed seats!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Aero426

Giulia is a nice looking car.   

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 31, 2018, 01:26:27 PM
Thread resurrection!

This....a proper ALFA with rear wheel drive, three quarters of a Ferrari engine, 515 horse , 30mp(UK)g and styling to die for!!

Very cool interior too....especially with carbon framed seats!

I test drove the quadrifoglio and the run of the mill Giulia a few months back. The QF was a blast to drive, I don't know if I'd actually buy it for that kind of $$$. The base Giulia is also a decent car for commute / daily use and not too expensive, but for some reason I felt like the looks (im neither here nor there as far as those go) weren't really 'worth it' without the QF's performance. It's kind of a Catch-22.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

alfaitalia

Virtually every body panel is different between the QF asks the rest of the range....so is does look loads better imo.
The QF uses loads of lightweight components – including carbon fibre for the bonnet, roof, active front splitter, rear spoiler and some body panels, as well as aluminium for the doors and wings.

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 31, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
Virtually every body panel is different between the QF asks the rest of the range....so is does look loads better imo.
The QF uses loads of lightweight components – including carbon fibre for the bonnet, roof, active front splitter, rear spoiler and some body panels, as well as aluminium for the doors and wings.

yeah, most of the cosmetic differences are subtle but add up and make huge difference in the look .

I think jalopnik or one of those car sites did an article on how leasing a Giulia QF is far more expensive than a Porsche and a couple of other high end cars. I tend to agree, I liked it, but its kinda pricey. I'd rather get the 4C for that type of $, but at that point we're getting into recent model used Viper money (which is my goal).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Lighthorseman

Waiting for these to hit the shelves...

INTMD8

Thread resurrection!

Very cool for you guys, here in the states we are missing an important part shown in one of your photos.  :'(
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Ponch ®

Quote from: INTMD8 on February 01, 2018, 12:24:53 PM
Thread resurrection!

Very cool for you guys, here in the states we are missing an important part shown in one of your photos.  :'(

the stick?

INTMD8

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 01, 2018, 12:36:43 PM
the stick?

Yes.   I was excited for this car until I heard we were only getting the automatic

alfaitalia

To be fair the paddle shifter is supposed to be lightening fast!

Sure its expensive...but if you think of it as a cut price four door Ferrari (as its sort of being marketed over here)...then its not so bad. Well out of my price bracket though...so I shall hang on to my ALFA 159 until they get affordable.....about 2028 by my reckoning!!   :smilielol:

INTMD8

I'm sure the trans is lightning fast, just don't want it  :icon_smile_big:

Manual trans isn't the fastest but I enjoy them the most.   (especially with a Ferrari engine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAW5pOggjrg

Ponch ®

Quote from: INTMD8 on February 01, 2018, 02:12:28 PM

Manual trans isn't the fastest but I enjoy them the most.   (especially with a Ferrari engine)

Ive been looking at Porsche 911s as well (now those are well worth the $) but as far as I can tell, its impossible to get a true manual now. they all come with the PDK 7 speed.

INTMD8

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 01, 2018, 03:05:04 PM
Quote from: INTMD8 on February 01, 2018, 02:12:28 PM

Ive been looking at Porsche 911s as well (now those are well worth the $) but as far as I can tell, its impossible to get a true manual now. they all come with the PDK 7 speed.

You can still get a manual 911.  For a while they only had PDK in the GT3 but are now available again in manual. (Though GT3RS I believe is still PDK)

Ghoste

I think my favorite new car would be a truck.

JR

This is a hell of a thread resurrection, but my favorite new cars are:

Miata

Gt86

Lexus LC (probably my favorite new car of 2018

Colorado ZR2

M2

F type

Zl1 Camaro (I was put off by the ridiculous styling initially, but after getting to flog a 16 SS on some canyon roads, id say the alpha platform is the best handling pony car in the class (in my opinion.)  The chassis tuning is phenomenal.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ponch ®

Quote from: JR on February 01, 2018, 08:12:24 PM
This is a hell of a thread resurrection, but my favorite new cars are:

Gt86

Dude, so much yes on the FRS/BRZ.

JR

They are fantastic, aren't they? It's as close as we can get to a spiritual successor of all the great, lightweight rwd Japanese coupes of the 90s.

Some of the earlier ones have dropped down to 15k or so on the used market. That is a lot of fun for a small amount of money.

My only complaint is, I wish they had made it a hatchback instead of a coupe, but I could get over that. They are wonderful.

INTMD8

Quote from: JR on February 01, 2018, 09:04:31 PM
They are fantastic, aren't they? It's as close as we can get to a spiritual successor of all the great, lightweight rwd Japanese coupes of the 90s.

Some of the earlier ones have dropped down to 15k or so on the used market. That is a lot of fun for a small amount of money.

My only complaint is, I wish they had made it a hatchback instead of a coupe, but I could get over that. They are wonderful.

I think they are a really neat car but never really liked the Subaru engine sound.  Would prefer a high rpm Toyota engine myself

Fitz73Chrgr

I'd really like to have a new GT350 or the upcoming GT500.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Bronzedodge

I'm too much of a blue collar guy to like any foreign cars.  There is this one that's pretty quick:

Mopar forever!

alfaitalia

Lucky to have that choice......in the UK unless you want a Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Lotus or a Range Rover there are not a lot of mainstream cars built in the UK...Even the ones that are have Honda, Nissan or Toyota badges on...LOL!

seaweed

If i had enough money i would buy a new Tesla and change the drivetrain to a 440 sixpack and straight 3" pipes.
But for now im just out looking for a 2011-2015 Durango to come in my pricerange.

Charger_Fan

Right now, my favorite new car is...well...my NEW car! :icon_smile: I wish it was an SHO, but I couldn't swing that much dough at this time. It's a 2017 Taurus Limited model.
First morning home...

About 3 weeks later...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mytur Binsdirti

One of these might be fun...

alfaitalia

I don't recognise that badge (US only?)...what are they?

INTMD8

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 13, 2018, 10:41:20 AM
I don't recognise that badge (US only?)...what are they?

It's an NSX. 

I would rather have an old one myself.

alfaitalia

Got it.............they come with Honda badges here! There are £143,000 here. Cant see that much cash in them to be honest. You could by a thoroughbred (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini) for that sort of money. I would rather have a Audi R8 V10 and change rather than that Hybrid nonsense!!

JB400

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 08, 2018, 07:42:44 AM
Lucky to have that choice......in the UK unless you want a Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Lotus or a Range Rover there are not a lot of mainstream cars built in the UK...Even the ones that are have Honda, Nissan or Toyota badges on...LOL!
You forgot Morgan.

alfaitalia

Mytur Binsdirti

The problem with the new Lexus' is that there's too much grille.......

And it looks like Darth Vader's mask.....

JR

I agree the Lexus corporate face grille is terrible on most of their products.

But most of their products had the grille added later as an afterthought. The LC was designed with it from the start. I don't mind it on this car. A dark color works well with it and hides the grille too.

Plus, this interior is amazing.

I love this car. The ultimate in Japanese quality and perfection. And built from the start to be a Grand Touring car, not a hardcore performance car.

Think of it as a Japanese Aston Martin. Or a Grand Seiko watch on four wheels. I love this thing.

Of course, I'm 100 grand shy of over owning one. :icon_smile_big:

Mytur Binsdirti

My wife's 2013 ES350 has been a great car.

INTMD8

Quote from: JR on February 14, 2018, 02:42:01 AM
I agree the Lexus corporate face grille is terrible on most of their products.

Plus, this interior is amazing.

I love this car. The ultimate in Japanese quality and perfection. And built from the start to be a Grand Touring car, not a hardcore performance car.

Think of it as a Japanese Aston Martin. Or a Grand Seiko watch on four wheels. I love this thing.

Of course, I'm 100 grand shy of over owning one. :icon_smile_big:

Even with the mega grill it is a pretty car. Agreed on the interior. My biggest gripe is the gearing.  I got rid of my IS-F because I couldn't stand the trans. (8speed)

This car is a 10 speed auto with 4 overdrive gears and a 2.94 rear end.  Ugh, no thanks.