News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fav. new car

Started by mustanghater, July 22, 2005, 02:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I thought whole point of the topic was NEW cars not some shaggin 70s pintos n vegas
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

andy74

the new bonnevile with a northstar would be pretty cool also,if i hit the lotto

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Dale The Bold

I find it funny that in an era that the only affordable car with decent retro styling is the Mustang, a guy named Mustang Hater started this thread.

I've always been annoyed by the Mustang (and Camaro) because there are hundreds of them at a car show that only has three Chargers.  But it earned a lot of respect just by being the only car these days to have the "courage" to have some style that isn't "metrosexual."
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

General Ryan

Just like I had before- except I want a 2002 model

Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk

MoparYoungGun

My favorite new car would have to be the new '05/'06 Mustang GT. I think that Ford did an excellent job capturing the classic look and lines in a modern package. I really wish that this is what Dodge would have done when designing the new Charger rather than slapping four doors and one ugly front and rear end on. Now, if I had a load of money to blow on a new car my choice would be different. I would probably want a '05/'06 Viper.

hotrod98

2005 Viper

The problem is, the only way that I could buy it, insure it and maintain it would be to sell some of my old Mopars and I'm not going to do that.

Had to settle for an 05 Daytona Ram instead.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

clausoe

I've always liked the look of these... :icon_smile_tongue:

4forty

Gotta be the '05 Mustang GT, awesome stylin & performance. besides we just got one!!  (triple black '05 GT convertible 5spd.,) waited 5 months, now the only problem is deciding which one to drive.  Also love the 300C

Charge It!

Older Viper
Chrysler 300 (with Hemi of course)
I'm sorry- But I do like the new Mustangs too

Silver R/T

new mustang
lexus IS300
lexus sc300
honda s2000
bmw z4
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dave68RT

BMW M6 (coming soon)
BMW M5
E55 AMG
SRT-4 300C
2000 Formula WS-6
2005 GTO
any Z06

:icon_smile_big:

'68 Charger R/T

Lightning

you mean Chrysler actually built cars after 1989?....wow.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

RT DAVE

Quote from: Dave68RT on July 25, 2005, 10:28:18 PM
BMW M6 (coming soon)
BMW M5
E55 AMG
SRT-4 300C
2000 Formula WS-6
2005 GTO
any Z06

:icon_smile_big:

The SRT 300 is the srt8.  Just an FYI...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

TeeWJay426

Of the current new cars, gotta go with the Mustang here too. Not that I have any intention of buying one, but if I were in the market for new wheels, that's what I'd get!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

alfaitalia

Thread resurrection!

This....a proper ALFA with rear wheel drive, three quarters of a Ferrari engine, 515 horse , 30mp(UK)g and styling to die for!!

Very cool interior too....especially with carbon framed seats!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Aero426

Giulia is a nice looking car.   

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 31, 2018, 01:26:27 PM
Thread resurrection!

This....a proper ALFA with rear wheel drive, three quarters of a Ferrari engine, 515 horse , 30mp(UK)g and styling to die for!!

Very cool interior too....especially with carbon framed seats!

I test drove the quadrifoglio and the run of the mill Giulia a few months back. The QF was a blast to drive, I don't know if I'd actually buy it for that kind of $$$. The base Giulia is also a decent car for commute / daily use and not too expensive, but for some reason I felt like the looks (im neither here nor there as far as those go) weren't really 'worth it' without the QF's performance. It's kind of a Catch-22.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

alfaitalia

Virtually every body panel is different between the QF asks the rest of the range....so is does look loads better imo.
The QF uses loads of lightweight components – including carbon fibre for the bonnet, roof, active front splitter, rear spoiler and some body panels, as well as aluminium for the doors and wings.

Ponch ®

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 31, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
Virtually every body panel is different between the QF asks the rest of the range....so is does look loads better imo.
The QF uses loads of lightweight components – including carbon fibre for the bonnet, roof, active front splitter, rear spoiler and some body panels, as well as aluminium for the doors and wings.

yeah, most of the cosmetic differences are subtle but add up and make huge difference in the look .

I think jalopnik or one of those car sites did an article on how leasing a Giulia QF is far more expensive than a Porsche and a couple of other high end cars. I tend to agree, I liked it, but its kinda pricey. I'd rather get the 4C for that type of $, but at that point we're getting into recent model used Viper money (which is my goal).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Lighthorseman

Waiting for these to hit the shelves...

INTMD8

Thread resurrection!

Very cool for you guys, here in the states we are missing an important part shown in one of your photos.  :'(
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Ponch ®

Quote from: INTMD8 on February 01, 2018, 12:24:53 PM
Thread resurrection!

Very cool for you guys, here in the states we are missing an important part shown in one of your photos.  :'(

the stick?

INTMD8

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 01, 2018, 12:36:43 PM
the stick?

Yes.   I was excited for this car until I heard we were only getting the automatic

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

alfaitalia

To be fair the paddle shifter is supposed to be lightening fast!

Sure its expensive...but if you think of it as a cut price four door Ferrari (as its sort of being marketed over here)...then its not so bad. Well out of my price bracket though...so I shall hang on to my ALFA 159 until they get affordable.....about 2028 by my reckoning!!   :smilielol: