News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fav. new car

Started by mustanghater, July 22, 2005, 02:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INTMD8

I'm sure the trans is lightning fast, just don't want it  :icon_smile_big:

Manual trans isn't the fastest but I enjoy them the most.   (especially with a Ferrari engine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAW5pOggjrg

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Ponch ®

Quote from: INTMD8 on February 01, 2018, 02:12:28 PM

Manual trans isn't the fastest but I enjoy them the most.   (especially with a Ferrari engine)

Ive been looking at Porsche 911s as well (now those are well worth the $) but as far as I can tell, its impossible to get a true manual now. they all come with the PDK 7 speed.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

INTMD8

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 01, 2018, 03:05:04 PM
Quote from: INTMD8 on February 01, 2018, 02:12:28 PM

Ive been looking at Porsche 911s as well (now those are well worth the $) but as far as I can tell, its impossible to get a true manual now. they all come with the PDK 7 speed.

You can still get a manual 911.  For a while they only had PDK in the GT3 but are now available again in manual. (Though GT3RS I believe is still PDK)

Ghoste

I think my favorite new car would be a truck.

JR

This is a hell of a thread resurrection, but my favorite new cars are:

Miata

Gt86

Lexus LC (probably my favorite new car of 2018

Colorado ZR2

M2

F type

Zl1 Camaro (I was put off by the ridiculous styling initially, but after getting to flog a 16 SS on some canyon roads, id say the alpha platform is the best handling pony car in the class (in my opinion.)  The chassis tuning is phenomenal.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ponch ®

Quote from: JR on February 01, 2018, 08:12:24 PM
This is a hell of a thread resurrection, but my favorite new cars are:

Gt86

Dude, so much yes on the FRS/BRZ.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JR

They are fantastic, aren't they? It's as close as we can get to a spiritual successor of all the great, lightweight rwd Japanese coupes of the 90s.

Some of the earlier ones have dropped down to 15k or so on the used market. That is a lot of fun for a small amount of money.

My only complaint is, I wish they had made it a hatchback instead of a coupe, but I could get over that. They are wonderful.

INTMD8

Quote from: JR on February 01, 2018, 09:04:31 PM
They are fantastic, aren't they? It's as close as we can get to a spiritual successor of all the great, lightweight rwd Japanese coupes of the 90s.

Some of the earlier ones have dropped down to 15k or so on the used market. That is a lot of fun for a small amount of money.

My only complaint is, I wish they had made it a hatchback instead of a coupe, but I could get over that. They are wonderful.

I think they are a really neat car but never really liked the Subaru engine sound.  Would prefer a high rpm Toyota engine myself

Fitz73Chrgr

I'd really like to have a new GT350 or the upcoming GT500.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Bronzedodge

I'm too much of a blue collar guy to like any foreign cars.  There is this one that's pretty quick:

Mopar forever!

alfaitalia

Lucky to have that choice......in the UK unless you want a Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Lotus or a Range Rover there are not a lot of mainstream cars built in the UK...Even the ones that are have Honda, Nissan or Toyota badges on...LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

seaweed

If i had enough money i would buy a new Tesla and change the drivetrain to a 440 sixpack and straight 3" pipes.
But for now im just out looking for a 2011-2015 Durango to come in my pricerange.

Charger_Fan

Right now, my favorite new car is...well...my NEW car! :icon_smile: I wish it was an SHO, but I couldn't swing that much dough at this time. It's a 2017 Taurus Limited model.
First morning home...

About 3 weeks later...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mytur Binsdirti

One of these might be fun...

alfaitalia

I don't recognise that badge (US only?)...what are they?

INTMD8

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 13, 2018, 10:41:20 AM
I don't recognise that badge (US only?)...what are they?

It's an NSX. 

I would rather have an old one myself.

alfaitalia

Got it.............they come with Honda badges here! There are £143,000 here. Cant see that much cash in them to be honest. You could by a thoroughbred (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini) for that sort of money. I would rather have a Audi R8 V10 and change rather than that Hybrid nonsense!!

JB400

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 08, 2018, 07:42:44 AM
Lucky to have that choice......in the UK unless you want a Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Lotus or a Range Rover there are not a lot of mainstream cars built in the UK...Even the ones that are have Honda, Nissan or Toyota badges on...LOL!
You forgot Morgan.

alfaitalia

Mytur Binsdirti

The problem with the new Lexus' is that there's too much grille.......

And it looks like Darth Vader's mask.....

JR

I agree the Lexus corporate face grille is terrible on most of their products.

But most of their products had the grille added later as an afterthought. The LC was designed with it from the start. I don't mind it on this car. A dark color works well with it and hides the grille too.

Plus, this interior is amazing.

I love this car. The ultimate in Japanese quality and perfection. And built from the start to be a Grand Touring car, not a hardcore performance car.

Think of it as a Japanese Aston Martin. Or a Grand Seiko watch on four wheels. I love this thing.

Of course, I'm 100 grand shy of over owning one. :icon_smile_big:

Mytur Binsdirti

My wife's 2013 ES350 has been a great car.

INTMD8

Quote from: JR on February 14, 2018, 02:42:01 AM
I agree the Lexus corporate face grille is terrible on most of their products.

Plus, this interior is amazing.

I love this car. The ultimate in Japanese quality and perfection. And built from the start to be a Grand Touring car, not a hardcore performance car.

Think of it as a Japanese Aston Martin. Or a Grand Seiko watch on four wheels. I love this thing.

Of course, I'm 100 grand shy of over owning one. :icon_smile_big:

Even with the mega grill it is a pretty car. Agreed on the interior. My biggest gripe is the gearing.  I got rid of my IS-F because I couldn't stand the trans. (8speed)

This car is a 10 speed auto with 4 overdrive gears and a 2.94 rear end.  Ugh, no thanks.