News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger Value

Started by ViperDave, December 18, 2006, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperDave

I've been following the forum for awhile and have found an interesting car so I thought I'd come out of hiding and get some help.  The car is a 1968 w/ 52k miles.  Red with white top and red interior.  318 engine, inside and out in great shape.

Now the big question.  What is she worth?  Thanks for the help...

Brock Samson

nice color much in demand, some pretty rare trim options like the rocker stainless and pass mirror,.. might be more inside, but pics and numbers will be needed.
off the top at least $ 20 maybe as high as 30... imo..
looks great shame to clone her if she's a real low milage orig in as good as shape as she seems to be in...
more pics inside the car and underneath please if possible and of course...  WELCOME!!  VIPER DAVE!!    :wave:

good find!

greenpigs

I think 20K is a good price for a 318 car and the low miles may bring a higher price possibly 25K. Prices are crazy for the 2nd gens and its a crap shoot on what you may actually sell the car for.

Nice Charger BTW!!
;)
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Brock Samson

looks like modmidget's car BTW:

NYCMille

I'd say min of 18k MAX of 22... it's nice, but it is still a 318 car.

41husk

I would be surprised if it got 25K, I am afraid for 25k I would sell my 68 with a 383 4b, and then begin kicking myself for the rest of my life :icon_smile_dead: 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

HITMAN 149

i agree w/ NYC mike...still only a 318.... nice survivor shape though.... but still only a 318?!?!?!
also agree w/ brock...if it's all original.... and in that shape, i wouldn't clone her or mess w/ her either!!!!
not that there's an overabundance of them out there....but still plenty out there to resto/clone!!!
just my  :Twocents:
:angel:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

tan top

i think  18 - 20 K  ,  i dont think much more :scratchchin:   a nice looking original charger :yesnod: , if i owned that i would keep it as is . just my  :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

tell me where it is and ill let yiu know what i get it bought for!! :icon_smile_evil: :icon_smile_evil: :icon_smile_evil: :icon_smile_evil: :icon_smile_evil:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69charger2002

i would say 20-22k. 318 cars are not hemi cars, but let's make no mistake. a solid original 68-70 charger in any shape with that kind of mileage is going to command a good price.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

ViperDave

Thanks for the help guys.  It is in line with th $15-20k I think I get it for.  I'm trying to get interior pictures and VIN # now.  I'll post these and see if you can help me decipher a little more.  Thanks again.

hemi68charger

Wow Dave..

That's a great color combination....... If you get it, do everything you can to save that interior, red interior is hard to find...

Good luck on the potential new Charger........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

HITMAN 149

upon further review.....please take off those god awful mud flaps!!!! if you get her!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Charger1973

Quote from: hobobum149 on December 18, 2006, 07:14:52 PM
upon further review.....please take off those god awful mud flaps!!!! if you get her!!!

They look bad, I agree, but I bet they played a part in keeping those quarters and lower fenders nice :yesnod:

HITMAN 149

good point 73" but stillllllllllllllllllll
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Brock Samson

i was thinkin like this:
  So say you wanted an r/t in those colors,  red with a red int. white top and white or black bumble bee or even stripe delete, o.k? so you figgure.. buy this solid one at a 15-20 K price spend another $ 5-10-15 (15 for a hemi)  on a drivetrain to replacate a R/T.
volia a sweet clone...  easy,.. well alot easyier then rebuilding a HALPAG piece 'o Crap.
I'd buy it for 15 and do that.. if i was starting out and i had a 20-30 budget and didn't mind a clone..

whitehatspecial

:shruggy:  Some guys kill me. They tell this guy this mint 68 (yes it's a 318) is worth 18-22k, but if a "restorer" grabs it up, throws a hemi in it , and then asks for 50k+.... then it's worth the big bucks, right?  IMO this car is the real deal and should be worth more just the way it is, an original survivor, than some of the fake (clone) crap, people are sucking up these days. That's what stinks with the mopar car hobby today. Just mho.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

41husk

I agree if it came with a 318 and is a survivor I would leave it alone, but if someone who wants to clone it to a hemi RT puts up the 15-20 K to buy it , it is now his car and he can do as he pleases.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

1BAD68

I agree, this car shouldn't be cloned into an R/T. It looks really nice the way it is. You could always just put R/T badges, bumble stripe on it and leave the mechanicals alone.
I have a 318 in mine and love it, I get great mileage and still sqwauk tires whenever.
Although this car doesn't look like a true survivor (looks like its been restored) it still shouldn't be modified.

Brock Samson

more info is needed...
but it's good to see.
im not sure i like the stainless on chargers myself they attact too much atttention imo.

Charger1973

That car has like a 5 foot antenna, reminds me of an old Ford Galaxie I used to have.

ViperDave

Still waiting on VIN but got some interior pix:

Thanks again for the feedback.

PocketThunder

I'll agree that its worth alot more than $15,000.  And i would vote to keep it original and not clone it mechanically.  Anyone can buy a project car and make a R/T clone, but to buy this car and clone it out would not be something i would do. :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

greenpigs

The odometer looks a little uneven..you sure it has 52K original miles?

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

69-DodgeCharger

damn i know of a 69 charger with a 318 that runs and is in ok condition that im gonna get for 3500 to 4000, it has 40K miles or some odd number in there, cant wait ill need to throw some pics up when i get it